Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This theme is based off of early screenshots from blackcomb windows and the old school Windows XP theme "Blackcomb Pro".

I recommend installing this via WebOS Quick Install as apposed to Preware. If you install through Preware, the custom Preware icon will not update.. If you don't care about this then just install through Preware.

Updates:
    • themed the phone app
    • emoticons
    • couple other misc. fixes

• Boot Screen
    • New Wallpaper
    • launcher feedback update
    • Preware and Facebook icons
    • Now includes recolored icons from the theme Dark 2. (thanks JaimeMex)

• Updated for 1.4
    • Now includes messaging app.

• original version

Download here:
    at prethemer.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nightburn; 03/19/2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: new version
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Blackcomb?

Don't you mean Whistler?
  3.    #3  
    It's actually based off of a combination of whistler and blackcomb. Here is a link to the theme that I pulled some of the design queues from:
    Blackcomb by ~greenreaper on deviantART

I'll be releasing a new version soon. Scrims are kicking my **** though. I can't seem to get the scrim patches to work.
    can you post just the wallpaper? thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    can you post just the wallpaper? thanks!
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nightburn; 03/18/2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added another wallpaper
    sexy. thank you sir!
  7.    #7  
    1.0 Released. updated for WebOS 1.4 and added some messaging app imagery.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to implement different background and foreground colors in the messaging app without patches? My number one goal with this theme is ease of use. What direction is Preware and WOSQI taking with the theme format?

The current version of WOSQI still has themeing disabled.. I heard there is a revamp going on for the theme system... Anyone have more detail?
    would enjoy some cooler looking icons something more tailored towards the whole blackcomb thingy thing.
  9.    #9  
    would enjoy some cooler looking icons something more tailored towards the whole blackcomb thingy thing.
    I have a major dilemma with modifying the icons:

1. it's a lot of work
    2. it's impossible to update all icons (3rd party 1000+ apps)
    3. icons that aren't updated look out of place
    4. one of my main goals with this theme is to maintain usability (icons that don't match other icons end up breaking this mentality)

Basically I'm of the opinion that it's all icons or nothing.

With that said, that doesn't mean I'm completely against it. If I could come up with a standardized way to create/modify the icons I'd go for it.

I have a couple ideas ..... I'll see what I can make happen. Although my current priority is still the messaging and phone app.
    i get where you're coming from, i'm the same way. so i keep the first page all similar icons and 2nd and 3rd page for different look apps. not the same but hey what can you do.
    like it
  12.    #12  
    1.1.0 released with icons, boot screen, new wallpaper and other minor tweaks..
  13.    #13  
    1.2.0 released. The phone app is now themed. The emoticons have been recolored.
    looks awesome. i quickily jumped on it when i saw the icons. can't wait for more icons!
  15.    #15  
    looks awesome. i quickily jumped on it when i saw the icons. can't wait for more icons!
    are there specific icons you're looking for?
    well, i use like twee, engadget, where, NYtimes, sprintnav, stuff like those. very common apps most people tech junkies have, and like app catalog, pandora. just some examples
  17.    #17  
    well, i use like twee, engadget, where, NYtimes, sprintnav, stuff like those. very common apps most people tech junkies have, and like app catalog, pandora. just some examples
    Alright.. I'll see what I can do about adding those icons.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Came in here just to say how much I LOVE this theme. The only thing missing are a few icons like Twee (and Tweefree) and Music Player Remix.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Came in here just to say how much I LOVE this theme. The only thing missing are a few icons like Twee (and Tweefree) and Music Player Remix.
    Thank you.. I appreciate the positive feedback. More icons are coming when I get the time. (hopefully this week)
  20.    #20  
    phone_2010-19-03_152038.png
    About the icons. Do you guys have an opinion on the current icons? In this screenshot you'll notice I've just colorized the Preware icon. This is simple to do. On the other hand, making all the custom "flat icons" is not simple to do.

I'm okay with going either route I am however, looking for some feedback on the two different styles.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast