1.    #1  
    Hello all,

So after 1.3.5.1 came out I tried installing the Simple Black Texture theme using Preware and it would not take. Actually, none of the themes would take although Preware said they were there. I installed them, restarted Luna or rebooted and the changes were not visible.

So I used WebOS QI to install the theme and that worked. Now all the changes are there. However, Preware does not know the theme is there so it can't remove it. And if I connect to the Palm with WebOS QI it does not see the theme either.

So I have no way to delete the theme w/o doctoring. With 1.4 coming, I want to know how to get the theme off ASAP.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    Hello all,

So after 1.3.5.1 came out I tried installing the Simple Black Texture theme using Preware and it would not take. Actually, none of the themes would take although Preware said they were there. I installed them, restarted Luna or rebooted and the changes were not visible.

So I used WebOS QI to install the theme and that worked. Now all the changes are there. However, Preware does not know the theme is there so it can't remove it. And if I connect to the Palm with WebOS QI it does not see the theme either.

So I have no way to delete the theme w/o doctoring. With 1.4 coming, I want to know how to get the theme off ASAP.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
    First, these instructions are for you and shouldn't be followed by anyone else.

1. Install the PRECENTRAL version via Preware (ontop of the WOSQI you have now).
    - There are 4 version on Preware... be sure to install the simple black theme or the simple black theme II from PRECENTRAL.
    2. Restart Phone
    3. Remove theme via Preware
    4. Restart
    5. Install PreThemer version via Preware... all should now be well, (you will be able to remove whenever you want).

And next time, please post in the Simple Black Theme Thread... as I normally breeze right by these threads
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for responding. I didn't post in the Simple Black thread because I thought it was a universal problem and that it was irrelevant which theme I was having the issue with. My fault.

Anyway, if I turn off the PreThemer feed to get only the Precentral theme feed in Preware the Simple Black with Texture theme is not available. Are you sure it is still there?
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Thank you for responding. I didn't post in the Simple Black thread because I thought it was a universal problem and that it was irrelevant which theme I was having the issue with. My fault.

Anyway, if I turn off the PreThemer feed to get only the Precentral theme feed in Preware the Simple Black with Texture theme is not available. Are you sure it is still there?
    Wow, well apparently Precentral has removed the theme, I posted it as obsolete on precentral... with a comment to install from prethemer. I suppose the moderators decided it wasn't necessary to keep it on both feeds. But I was purposely keeping the obsolete package on precentral for these cases.

Now, you'll have to go about it via the the command line available via webos quick install. I'll post instructions.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    If you can't revert to default via WOSQI (with any of my themes you should do the following)
    WOSQI 2.96 will be needed (this is not the newest version).

- Download the simple black theme via Prethemer.com
    - Unzip the file and locate Theme.xml
    - Connect your pre to your computer and open WOSQI 2.96 (in developer mode)
    - In WOSQI goto: tools > send file
    - Send the theme.xml (from step 2) to the following location:
    - /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/

Now after a phone restart, you ought to be able to remove the theme via WOSQI 2.96 (do this)

- Now install the theme via Preware (the Prethemer version, which apparently is the only version as of this post)

Now all should be well again.

Note: The problem you having, is a universal problem. I changed nothing with my theme other than upload it to a new feed. The problem originates either from Precentral.net or the way a linux computer complies the package from Precentral.net. Whereas Prethemer compiles the package and allows Preware access to it.
    ---The problem hasn't been found becuase it isn't occurring with all Precentral.net themes, so webos-internals team and I, are having a great bit of difficulty finding the solution.

Edit: I can't reproduce the problem because Precentral.net removed my theme from their feed. Which means I can't run through the process step by step before posting the instructions. So if you run into any errors re-installing the theme via Preware - Prethemer's feed post the exact error here. As there might be one residual file left on the Pre that needs to be removed (an empty directory to be exact).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  6.    #6  
    Thanks MLJones!

That solved the problem and I was able to remove the theme. I have not reinstalled it yet and may wait till next week to see what happens with 1.4 but now I am all set.

I hope I can use the theme with 1.4 because it is much better than stock and the best I have found.

Thanks again.
    Glad you fixed the problem but I have to say - I love the title of your Post lolol..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Thanks MLJones!

That solved the problem and I was able to remove the theme. I have not reinstalled it yet and may wait till next week to see what happens with 1.4 but now I am all set.

I hope I can use the theme with 1.4 because it is much better than stock and the best I have found.

Thanks again.
    Your welcome.
    - I can assure you that it will install and be able to be removed w/o problem if you use Preware and the theme from Prethemer.
    --- But as I stated before an empty directory may need to be removed, thus it may be beneficial to find this out prior to the 1.4 update (either way its up to you).
    ----- To delete a directory is simple... WOSQI > Tools > Delete File/Directory (input directory)

- Once 1.4 is out, do not install the 1.3.5.1 theme until I say its compatible. If 1.4 lands on Monday... I wouldn't expect a fix till at least mid week (at the absolute earliest), as I'm very busy next week.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride: