1.    #1  
    PreCentral BrainTrust, I need your help!

So, a coworker has a Pre that he has, on occasion, left unattended at his desk.

Several of us have taken such opportunities to install themes on his Pre, Hello Kitty being a frequent favorite. After getting away with this several times, he finally wised up a bit, and has started password protecting his Pre, eliminating the 'Just Charge' option when plugged into a USB port.

I thought I'd be sneaky and skirt that by booting the phone in USB mode, but while that does give me access to throw files onto it, I can't actually set the theme that way -- that I know of.

Thoughts on bring back hilarity to our office? Or do you think that the My Little Pony theme that we were planning is too harsh?
    As its weird that you are now looking for a way to "Hack" his password...if he can take a joke....look at what this clever poster did:

P|C Post: Played Horrible Prank
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  3.    #3  
    I like that idea.

But there's still that darned password in the way!
    You can install a theme from WebOS QuickInstall if it is already in dev mode. Doesn't matter if it's lock or not. If it isn't in dev mode, just talk to him and show him something useful with quick install then 'forget' to turn off dev mode.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5.    #5  
    Really? Hmm...

I think QI crashed the first time I tried it, and since I couldn't select 'Just Charge' I think I may have figured that it was a no-go.

Will have to give that a shot tomorrow!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Sometimes I forget to select just charge and I connect to webosqi and it works anyway.
  7.    #7  
    Success!!

For the record: The My Little Pony theme is AWESOME.

Unfortunately, his phone is now locked and out of Dev mode. D'oh!

Fortunately, I think we saw him key in his password...
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Success!!

For the record: The My Little Pony theme is AWESOME.
    It's nice to hear that this Pre owner is getting your love!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Such a prank pulled once is funny. Pulled several times, especially after the owner has ecpressed a desire for you to stop and even passworded his device in an attempt to stop you, is just rude.

If you did this to me I would laugh with you the first time, but initiate revenge after the second time.
  10.    #10  
    Actually, it's become sort of a game:
    He's actually now so confident that he's thwarted our efforts that he's started to let me know when he's leaving his Pre unattended at his desk.

Were he not a willing participant, I'd absolutely agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Such a prank pulled once is funny. Pulled several times, especially after the owner has [expressed] a desire for you to stop and even passworded his device in an attempt to stop you, is just rude.

If you did this to me I would laugh with you the first time, but initiate revenge after the second time.
    Every office is different (and you can be pretty sure revenge is a likely part of their normal office mix). EDIT: And yes, People are different too (so these sort of tricks should only be saved for the "right" kind of person).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by AxeYrCat View Post
    Actually, it's become sort of a game:
    He's actually now so confident that he's thwarted our efforts that he's started to let me know when he's leaving his Pre unattended at his desk.

Were he not a willing participant, I'd absolutely agree with you.
    I bet he's reading this thread
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    dude.....I gotta say...even though I am a huge practical joke playah myself, I would prob knock your block off is you messed with my Pre....and why the heck does he leave it unattended? I guess he is sorta asking for trouble.

on a side note, and thanks to Opie and Anthony, the greatest prank we ever pulled was changing all the ringtones on a co workers cell phone to scream out "I have kiddie p o r n on my computer!" now dem were da days......
    Unlock his pre then put it into dev mode so later when he finds out you know his password and changes it, you will be one step ahead of him. That's the key my friend. While you got the chance be sure to lay the grounds for a second trap. he he he!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  15.    #15  
    I don't want to give anything away, as there is a decent possibility that he is reading this thread, but we have something amazing in the works.