1.    #1  
    Okay- so I've found my theme I want to install via Preware. However, when I search for the theme, I find myself left with two identically named options. Both have the same name, same creator and same version number. However, one shows up as a little "preview" graphic, and the other one shows up as a "package" graphic (little box with a label on the side).

Which one should I use to install the theme? Does it matter? What's the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonphrogg View Post
    Okay- so I've found my theme I want to install via Preware. However, when I search for the theme, I find myself left with two identically named options. Both have the same name, same creator and same version number. However, one shows up as a little "preview" graphic, and the other one shows up as a "package" graphic (little box with a label on the side).

Which one should I use to install the theme? Does it matter? What's the difference?
    Sounds like one is on PreCentral's feed and one is on PreThemer's feed. It shouldn't matter but you could always ask the dev. Just be sure to only install 1 of them.

edit: If it is one of my themes, then install via prethermer's feed, the later will not work.
    Last edited by MLJones8; 02/04/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info- is it typically a safer bet to go with the theme provided by the prethemer's feed?
    I found that the Original Blue Theme I'm using was more complete via PreThemer, this is due to the newer webOS 1.3.5 breaking some things, the author of that is waiting on 1.4 to do the fix so he doesn't have to do it twice, suffice to say, if I use the version from here the themed boot screen does not show, and the top bar has white instead of the intended blue, whereas PreThemer copy works. Try both and see what you notice with the two (if one is missing something, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by moonphrogg View Post
    Thanks for the info- is it typically a safer bet to go with the theme provided by the prethemer's feed?
    - I can't speak for all themes (I haven't used any but my own).

- However, the Themes on PreThemer will likely have more patches than the ones on PreCentral's feed. Patches (within themes) make it more common for users to be unable to remove themes.

- Though, its my understanding, this typically only happens due to user error, (not uninstalling the theme before installing another or not removing the theme as the first step to preparing for a webos update).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Okay... I must be stupid... after installing patches via Preware, I was prompted to reboot... After the reboot, the them was there... working perfectly. Whoops... THANKS!!

Preware is the shizzle... that's what I was missing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post
    When will theming come back. I downloaded preware. I installed a theme... I just can't apply it, or get it to show up. What am I missing. I still see activity in the submit a theme threads, so some are still themeing... what am I missing here?
    Last edited by brandizy; 02/06/2010 at 01:43 PM.