1.    #1  
    hello,

I would really like to start making my own icons that work well with the original icons. Does anyone have the circle underlay identical to the ones in the stock icons?

I know i could make my own... but i am pretty new to this graphic design stuff.
    Any help would be appreciated.

thanx

tim
  2.    #2  
    Bump for some help plz
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    there's not much to it. use the ellipse tool to create a circle your color should be white then drop the opacity to 25%
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    there's not much to it. use the ellipse tool to create a circle your color should be white then drop the opacity to 25%
    I believe its more than just that... isnt there a grey'ish smudge around the ring/edge of the circle?

Could someone remove the icon in the center and the shadow from this icon - which would only leave the circle underlay.

thanx

tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    here u go
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I believe its more than just that... isnt there a grey'ish smudge around the ring/edge of the circle?

Could someone remove the icon in the center and the shadow from this icon - which would only leave the circle underlay.

thanx

tim
    nope I don't think so it looks more like a drop shadow when you actually look on the phone. try to add a layer style > drop shadow > 0 distance ; 0 spread; 5 size; opacity 80% - 83%
    My Themes - Prethemer
  7.    #7  
    Ive got the underlay ready to go... but I can't figure out how to adjust opacity with Gimp2.
    There's a little more to it than just a white circle. I have attached the one I used for my icons in my blue theme.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nights0223 View Post
    There's a little more to it than just a white circle. I have attached the one I used for my icons in my blue theme.
    That's pretty darn close to the stock underlay. Thanx!
    That's pretty darn close to the stock underlay. Thanx!
    No problem. Good luck on your theme!
  11.    #11  
    No problem. Good luck on your theme!
    Thanx for the .psd nights... the only thing is that... the circle is not perfectly circular.

See example icons - not for my theme - for examples only

tim
    Thanx for the .psd nights... the only thing is that... the circle is not perfectly circular.

See example icons - not for my theme - for examples only

tim
    Huh? The circle is most definitely perfectly circular. Could you clarify more what you mean?
  13.    #13  
    Huh? The circle is most definitely perfectly circular. Could you clarify more what you mean?
    I don't mean to be offensive or rude. Download the icons that I made (sorta made) and take a look for yourself.

The underlays look distorted.

Is there something I did wrong? Are my source icons messed up?

Here are my source icons:

thanx

tim
    I don't mean to be offensive or rude. Download the icons that I made (sorta made) and take a look for yourself.

The underlays look distorted.

Is there something I did wrong? Are my source icons messed up?

Here are my source icons:

thanx

tim
    It's no problem, I didn't mean to come across offended, I was just confused at what you were talking about; I still kinda am. I attached what your icon should look like with the added overlay, and a black background so you can more easily see it. As you will notice, the *overlay is perfectly circular.
  15.    #15  
    It must be something I am doing wrong... or its just an optical illusion.
    perfect circle indeed, your icons just are in the exact center so it looks off.

It looks like there is more room at the bottom but that is because of the shape of your icons.