1.    #1  
    And no I am not asking about how to build themes. I was wondering about Themes themselves in regards to applying them to a Pre.

Can you have multiple themes on your Pre and you can change them at will? Or is it one at a time and you have to uninstall/install for a new one?

I seem to remember issues way back when themes started out and worries of bricking, rooting, etc. Is installing themes through Preware as simple as choose, install, and enjoy?

Speaking of Preware...if I have a theme installed do I have to worry about Palm updates? I know that the latest patches are set so you don't have to uninstall patches before updating, but does this apply to themes, too?

I constantly see people who have uninstalled a theme but can't get the default Palm theme back. Do I run something in the theme to set the defaults first AND THEN uninstall theme to get it back to normal?

And yes, I'm sure all of these questions might be answered in previous threads, but they are all over the place and have 300+ answers of varying opinions. That's why I was wondering if there is a FAQ since I don't see one stickied at the top of this forum.

Thanks!
    You can only install one theme at a time on WebOS - if you want to install a second theme, you must first uninstall the first. I think this is something they'll eventually fix, but that's how it stands right now.

As for the safety of themes, they are very safe - the problem occurs when people pull their batteries/phone crashes during the time when a theme is being installed or uninstalled - and this will just mess up your visuals/prevent you (un)installing themes. It won't brick your phone (it's actually virtually impossible to brick your Pre thanks to USB mode and WebOS Doctor).

You should, and must uninstall your theme before updating to a new version of WebOS - the new AUPT means that you don't need to remove patches anymore, but you must still remove themes (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The best, safest, most reliable way to set a theme back to normal is to load WebOS Quick Install on your PC and go into the Themer and click "Revert". This will reload your original Pre stock theme.

Hope this answers your questions, let me know if there's any other way I can help.