1.    #1  
    I've checked the forums for some feedback on this issue, and to see if anyone else is experiencing it. Haven't seen anything so I'm starting this thread for it:

When I install a theme in Preware (Simple Black w/ Texture or Black-Out are my go-to themes!) they just simply aren't loading after I reboot. Preware shows them under "installed packages", but I'm still looking at a default theme in all the affected apps. Any thoughts from my fellow webOS users?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Known (current) problem. Check out the thread for Simple Black w/ Texture. There's apparently a problem somewhere between Preware and the system since 1.3.5 with applying themes that MLJones hasn't found a reason or fix for yet that I'm aware of.

The easiest/best (IMO) workaround for now is to install via WOSQI. You should take a look at (and probably follow the instructions therein) of the "Solution: 1.3.5.1 Greyed out 'Revert to Default'" thread first, though.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have this issue and just want preware to show that I have no themes installed since the theme is not loading. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matgeo15 View Post
    I have this issue and just want preware to show that I have no themes installed since the theme is not loading. Any ideas?
    When you load Preware go to Installed Packeges > then Installed Themes, tap on the theme and hit Remove. If it doesn't show then find the theme itself, if there's no promt for Remove Theme then it probably didn't install.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by ianscottgraves View Post
    I've checked the forums for some feedback on this issue, and to see if anyone else is experiencing it. Haven't seen anything so I'm starting this thread for it:

When I install a theme in Preware (Simple Black w/ Texture or Black-Out are my go-to themes!) they just simply aren't loading after I reboot. Preware shows them under "installed packages", but I'm still looking at a default theme in all the affected apps. Any thoughts from my fellow webOS users?
    Before installing a theme, make sure it's updated for 1.4, otherwise you could have problems.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have tried that and I just get the downloading status circle for ever. The other day it did it for 2 hours and I closed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    When you load Preware go to Installed Packeges > then Installed Themes, tap on the theme and hit Remove. If it doesn't show then find the theme itself, if there's no promt for Remove Theme then it probably didn't install.
    I have tried that and I just get the downloading status circle for ever. The other day it did it for 2 hours and I closed it out.
    When you go to the particular theme, which button shows on the bottom? Install or Remove.
    Do a restart first.

There were issues with my Simple Black w/ Texture back and many other themes installing back in January. This issue has since been resolved, and all users shouldn't have any problem installing a theme via Preware as long as its created for the the WebOS version your currently running. As of this post my themes are made for WebOS 1.4
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    When you go to the particular theme, which button shows on the bottom? Install or Remove.
    Do a restart first.
    It has the remove buttton at the bottom. I have used many other themes before and now having troubles. I was trying the blackout theme and now it says it is installed but no signs of a theme on my phone.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I figured it out. I just went into webos qi and was able to delete the themes under the device management tab. They are no longer showing as installed under preware. Thanks to anyone who tried to help.
    It has the remove buttton at the bottom. I have used many other themes before and now having troubles. I was trying the blackout theme and now it says it is installed but no signs of a theme on my phone.
    Good to hear you resolved it, but that's what I recommended in my first post.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Good to hear you resolved it, but that's what I recommended in my first post.
    you said to do it in preware. It wouldn't let me in preware. I had to uninstall in quick install.