Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i downloaded the boondock saints theme now i dont want it on cause it runs a little slower, yet i installed the preware application and i connot take the theme off for some reason. desprately need help
    If you have WebOs QuickInstall, you can reset your theme back to original. Hope this helps -
  3.    #3  
    yeah i was gonna try that but do i lose all my apps and music? and if i do lose them do i have to pay again for the ones i already had?
    Not with QuickInstall - you just go to the "Tools" menu, then "Themer", and you can reset just the theme, without losing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Not with QuickInstall - you just go to the "Tools" menu, then "Themer", and you can reset just the theme, without losing anything.
    Has anyone been able to click that "revert to default" button? I've read about many who cannot, and it's always been grayed out for me. I'd love to go back to the original Palm Pre theme, but alas, it's not available. Unless I'm missing something... ???
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat...

I loaded the iPhone theme on my Pre, I couldn't get rid out it. I reset my phone, it was gone except for the bar at the bottom with my 3 apps and the drawer button.

Now I just tried loading another theme, and everything loaded on to it except the same four buttons.

It says the Pre default theme is on my phone when I connect it to WebOS QI but it doesn't say how to load it.
    same situation here.....
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    did you install it thru QI or preware? b/c i've always installed themes thru QI and was able to revert to the previous stock themes with no problems. preware has always been flaky for me with uninstalling themes/patches
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattscheid View Post
    yeah i was gonna try that but do i lose all my apps and music? and if i do lose them do i have to pay again for the ones i already had?
    if you doctor your pre you don't loose your music since its stored in the internal storage part of your pre. so everything that you put into your pre thru your usb should be safe. Make sure you backup your pre before you doctor. Then you can enter your palm profile after it reset and it will automatically reinstall ALL your apps.

However i think themes change alot of files on your pre and just a doctor might not fix everything. You might have to do a full erase or partial erase before you doctor in which you will loose your music/pics etc. :-(
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    << thread renamed >>

'Please Help' isn't a good thread title.
    Just call me Berd.
    i would rename it "default theme changed" or something more detailed...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    dont doctor or reset the phones people
    just download webos repair utility
    then use it with the current webos doctor and check override mode in options (i think thats what it was called)
    and just say yes to all changes and it will get rid of everything
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    My phone is screweeedd up. I cannot revert to default, I cannot make phone calls due to it being "offline," and I cannot completely install any themes without receiving some sort of error message from quick install. I've tried installing 3 themes and now I have a melting pot of all of them with no clear path of return. Should I use the WebOs doctor? or whaT?
    The web os doctor does not correspond with my os on the pre. ***, now i have an offline phone and these programs can't fix it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    try taking everything off step by step, use quick install and then click device manager. Remove every application thats a patch manually (some will show an error but it still will remove it) then reset your phone. If its still showing offline try to click to enable airplane mode then reset, then when it powers back on try to click back on your regular service.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattscheid View Post
    i downloaded the boondock saints theme now i dont want it on cause it runs a little slower, yet i installed the preware application and i connot take the theme off for some reason. desprately need help
    I sorta have the same problem. I was so eager that I have themes that I downloaded 5 themes without removing previous themes. I eventually settled for one and removed the other 4 but when I did a luna restart I noticed the following:

When booting up the "palm" has been replaced with some artistic graphics and "PALM PRE" which I'm guessing is from one of the themes. once the phone is turned on the launcher is black and gray. I tried to use preware and remove all themes altogther but those 2 changes remain. The phone is functional, but I cannot remove or install other themes.

I tried reseting the device both partial and full, also I tried using webos quick install to do the "themer" thing and revert it to normal but once in that screen the "revert to previous" button is grayed out and I cannot click on it. I tried using webdoctor to just delete everything but when I ran the program it stated that my phone is not compatible with that version.

I'am using a new palm pre plus from verizon, i've spent the last 10 hours literally trying to figure this out with no luck. Please if anyone has any ideas on how to remedy this it would be of great help.

If not I was thinking of returning the phone for a new one, do you guys think they check if homebrew is applied? The screen has a slight oreo effect going on, but the thing that bugs the most are the 10 dead pixels that can be seen. Thanks

gark
    I've had the same problem. Install a new theme and can't return to the original.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    So, many of us it seems have this problem, and the only advice is to "wipe" the phone via the web OS doctor??????, this can't be, there are so many talented people on this site, why doesn't the Revert theme work for us? Can somebody please reply with a more reasonable way of fixing this problem, and more importantly WHY, WHY, WHY do the people who rave about Homebrews/Themes not mention that this pretty big problem could happen??
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I took Pardoe's advice and ran the WebOS Doctor, it worked great, took awhile, luckily I sync next to nothing with my "Palm Profile" and almost everything came back, so good luck to the rest, btw I had to do this on mine and my wifes phone and now I am going to try out Preware
    Same problem here,this is crazy!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast