Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't see how so many people can have this problem and STILL not have a solution for it.
    I've got the same basic issue - I dowloaded the "Have Some Color" Theme using Quick Install. I couldn't select the "revert to default" option, because apparently my phone is still in the default Pre theme.
    I installed "Just a Clear Launcher", but some of the icons and my messaging background are still blue [from the previous theme]. And QI still doesn't recognize that I have a theme and I still cannot revert to default.

Why is this happening and why is there no answer yet?? I don't want to completely erase my phone with the Web OS Doctor, it's such a hassle. Has anyone found a better way to get rid of these dang themes???
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    can someone update the webos repair program for the pre plus? i installed a theme with the WOSQI but i cannot remove it like others. it works fine, but i am worried about having this on my phone when the 1.4 update comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    can someone update the webos repair program for the pre plus? i installed a theme with the WOSQI but i cannot remove it like others. it works fine, but i am worried about having this on my phone when the 1.4 update comes out.
    i have the same problem, a possible solution is that someone creates a new theme (default theme) and then install from preware or WQI.sorry about my english.
    im from spain
    Sounds like many of you didn't follow the theme rules... which are clearly stated in each of the following how to's:
    http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware
    http://www.precentral.net/how-install-themes-your-pre
    http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    The rules are simple:
    1. Only ONE theme can be installed at a time
    2. When preparing for a WebOS update... removing your theme should be 1st priority.

If your having the revert to default problem... searching will be your best friend (a solution was posted on Jan 5).
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...t-default.html

If your still having errors, detailing exactly what you did, and exactly what errors are prompted will get you the most help.

When all else fails... PreThemer.com has an almost full Stock theme on their site...

Second to last resort:
    1. Download the most recent WebOS Doctor
    2. Run Jason R's Repair Utility to replace all the .png .ico etc...

Last Resort:
    1. Erase your phone
    2. Run the WebOS Doctor
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    webos doctor does not work with 1.3.5.2 so i can't use it. it gets to 10% then says my Pre is not compatible. wedOS doctor needs updating to work with latest firmware update
    Quote Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
    webos doctor does not work with 1.3.5.2 so i can't use it. it gets to 10% then says my Pre is not compatible. wedOS doctor needs updating to work with latest firmware update
    There should be a WebOS Doctor for every carrier and every firmware release. If you aren't getting it directly from Palm then you are probably downloading a version that does not match your phone, hence not compatible.

I had an issue with a theme I tried to apply with webos quick install, but since there is some bug with the novacom installer on windows 7 it installed the theme and failed to complete the setup scripts. So what I ended up with was a theme installed that the package system didn't think was installed.

I tried the restore program and that had the same issues. It took forever to generate the MD5sums and then when it went to restore the files it failed on every single file with an error popup.

At that point I gave up and plugged my phone into my Mac where I knew it would work and ran WebOS Doctor. In the future I will just use my Mac if I do this kind of thing in the first place but to me it seems like a big waste of time messing with it trying to repair the phone. After I run WebOSDoctor and remove all the homebrew, themes etc. my phone seems a lot faster.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I did a full erase and I still have the same theme on my phone it's the red abstract theme
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12