Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    For help on editing the .cfg file, it's really quite easy if you have Photoshop (MS Paint, not so much).

Open your final image file up in Photoshop.
    Press F8, which will open up (Window > Info).
    It will open in the top right corner. When you move the cursor over the image, X and Y values will be shown. Plug those numbers into the corresponding set in your .cfg file and you're done!
    Correct. Make sure it is set to pixels though, not inches or something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    well to my knowledge we dont have a toggle turbo capability, and yes i can code that one fore you dude but you will have to give me a while cuz i couldnt get the screen to do what i wanted so i will play with it tonight... oh and king that was hilarious!!!! lmao! and how did you make an avatar picture???
    look up near the top of the page and look for "user cp" thats the control panel for your profile stuffs. from there you can edit your pic and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Ok Guys here's a lil update for my Wiimote Skin. I did a lil tweaking to make it look even better, please tell me what you think.
    DUDE> Very Awesome Skin
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is it possible to overlay transparent touchscreen controls so that the game can utilize all of the Pre's screen real-estate?
    Wait!... you can get Visual boy advance on the Pre?!!?!?!
    Yes, it's available in Preware and WebOS Quick install.
    Just search this forum for Visualboy Advance and you'll find the massive thread, which will probably answer any other questions you may have.
    So I made my own skin by editing an existing PNG file and changing the CFG file to correspond to the changes I made in the PNG. All I did was basically lower the control pad so it isn't too close to the screen and move the start/select buttons over. I dropped these files into a new folder in the skins folder.

The thing is when I first tried it, it worked! But then I got the bright idea to try to change the screen size by changing the screen width and height values. After that when I cycle through the skins (orange + q) my skin doesn't show up anymore. So I changed the screen width and height values back and the same thing happens, my skin isn't even recognized.

I tried everything... uninstalling, restarting luna, I even made a new skin from scratch and still i get nothing.

Check out the files I posted. Any I deas? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by saultee; 02/17/2010 at 05:38 AM.
    anything forest?
    hey all i updated my theme so just ignore the first, i moved the dpad up and over just a littttleeeee, and then put the turbo button on. this theme is great for pokemon and rpg games... enjoy and feel free to thank me

I got a noob question, I got VBA, haven't put these custom skins in yet, but I was curious what the "turbo" button does/ how it works..

for example with pokemon?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

Here's my first skin. It's pretty yet not distracting. It has a large viewing screen as well.

I might update if I can figure out a way to make the d-pad bigger without making the screen any smaller. I map A & B to the Pre's keyboard, so maybe I'll do a skin without them to maximize the screen.
    Last edited by cfbauer; 02/23/2010 at 03:04 AM.
    hey all i updated my theme so just ignore the first, i moved the dpad up and over just a littttleeeee, and then put the turbo button on. this theme is great for pokemon and rpg games... enjoy and feel free to thank me

Hey Forrest, I've got bigger fingers and I'm finding it a little difficult to hit the turbo button that you've got there. Any chance you could size it up for me or perhaps even better size it up and put a twin of it near the D-pad?

Im a pokemon fan and I like to keep the turbo on both when I run and when Im battling (speeds up the action) so I want to be able to hit the turbo with either hand.

Guess I cant attach it as a GIF. There's a mockup of what Im talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danieltilem; 02/24/2010 at 07:28 PM.

Here is a custom skin made for me by Xome1983. The .cfg file is from the Nintendo controller. This was his first attempt, but he ended up losing the other skins that he had made when his computer crashed.
    Hope you don't mind me posting this.
    I opened the controller image in IrfanView and selected "sharpen" and "negative".

All credit goes to cfbauer for this VBA skin.
    Can someone make Vtecbrown's skin idea? IMO, it's a simpler and more elegant way of making the screen bigger while sticking the "original" look of the black micro theme.

http://forums.precentral.net/2174155-post329.html
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    I opened the controller image in IrfanView and selected "sharpen" and "negative".

Looks good!
    can anyone make one with like a joystick or something? my finger always tend to slide a little and end up missing the dpad and dying ALOT in zelda especially in those stupid cracked floors that break. something like the joystick in those 3d games like heroes of sparta or have the whole left bottom side of the screen detect direction (slide your finger down it means down slide finger up it means up etc.) kinda like the warefare game it has a control option like this. idk smthin more responsive i guess because it near impossible to play like this with out having the physical feeling of the d-pad and the keyboard is even harder to use.....
    I'm not seeing all the other skins that VBA comes with when putting my Pre+ in USB mode. I can select multiple skins (in VBA) but i can't seem to add my MUST HAVE O MUNN skin!! Any ideas... other than that I love this thing!!!
    Last edited by way2muchkc4u; 05/23/2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: I did read the 3rd post
    One thing only: I love the design!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post

I came in here to ask for this exact thing
    Thanks guys!
    EDIT: Your zip is corrupt, I've downloaded it multiple times and I always get the same error.
    Last edited by The_lane; 09/11/2010 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u View Post
    I'm not seeing all the other skins that VBA comes with when putting my Pre+ in USB mode. I can select multiple skins (in VBA) but i can't seem to add my MUST HAVE O MUNN skin!! Any ideas... other than that I love this thing!!!
    Did you create a "skins" folder for VBA? What version of the emulator are you using?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast