Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    So I've got the whole image editing part down but I'm trying to figure out how to customize the cfg. I'm opening it up in notepad but I'm still apparently not getting the hang of it as I can't seem to make anything workable. Anybody willing to gimme a hand? I'm fairly certain I understand what each value is but I guess I just don't get how to edit them correctly to get what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    ok well i made my first skin, its nothing cool or fancy but the button layout is really nice for those of us who enjoy the pokemon games or the games like pokemon.... i dont run my VBA with the skins i just use the button layout with fullscreen.... this way you just touch the main character (middle of the screen) for start. and your dpad thumb is not taking up the whole screen...it works great so give it a try and tell me if you like it =)
    perfect, now just wonderign if you could put a turbo button onscreen, as pokemon really needs it. its in the cfg, it just needs a bottona dn placement on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    perfect, now just wonderign if you could put a turbo button onscreen, as pokemon really needs it. its in the cfg, it just needs a bottona dn placement on the screen.
    AWESOMEEEE You TOTALLY MADE MY DAY! =) and yes after work this evening I will put the turbo button on. Were do you want it? I'll put it right were you yould like it. =)

anddd to the poster asking about the button cfg file. Open it in notepad and wrap it... Our screen sideways like with the charger on top is 320 on the Yaxis (up down) by 480 on the X axis (horizontal) which means each x or y number in the config is a number on the graph that is our screen. And when radiuses or other numbers overlap it usually seems to make it non working.. So really just play with it and work on it...mine took about five hours...I'm open to helping more =)
    no problem, you have made my pokemon experiance superb with that!

between a nd B sounds good
    hey all i updated my theme so just ignore the first, i moved the dpad up and over just a littttleeeee, and then put the turbo button on. this theme is great for pokemon and rpg games... enjoy and feel free to thank me

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    any chance you could edit this to work for this type of layout? im used to rolling my thumb as opposed to moving and pressing. i would do it myself but i cant figure out what values to change in the text file, and if there's a tutorial can someone link it to me?
    yep sure can. itll be on in about 10 minutes =)
    actually i was going to ask, could you make the screen bigger, put the a and b above the dpad, and make the turbo button alot bigger where b is right now. #

would that be possiblr?
    first off heres the one done for kingelewis. it works perfect, so enjoy =)

second y would we want the A and B above the dpad??? that doesnt seem functional? maybe do what king did and make up the skin and i can code it for you =) team work? lol or gimme a more detailed description?

enjoy =)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OH GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
    btw i figured out if you go fullscreen that the touch screen buttons still work, even with them being hidden, just puttin that lil bit of info out there.
    well for pokemoon, using turbo id a must so one finger must be on turbo. Also with pokemon using a/b with dpad doesn't happen so putting them together would let me use one hand for that and the other for turbo. I am not sure how to mod the picture but i can draw on paint lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelewis View Post
    OH GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
    btw i figured out if you go fullscreen that the touch screen buttons still work, even with them being hidden, just puttin that lil bit of info out there.
    lol you rtard, thats why i made mine not fancy like the rest i just use the buttons but as invisible with full screen!!!

and yes very happy you like it, if i make one person happy im good! feel free to hit the thanks button lol

and well draw up like a look u like and ill modify my theme again... get to it lol

EDIT: and now that i think bout it its your guys turn to help me lol how do i put quotes on my stuff? and an avatar picture??? im stupid at times lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    well for pokemoon, using turbo id a must so one finger must be on turbo. Also with pokemon using a/b with dpad doesn't happen so putting them together would let me use one hand for that and the other for turbo. I am not sure how to mod the picture but i can draw on paint lol.

and well draw up like a look u like and ill modify my theme again... get to it lol
    ok heres a crazy idea, forrest since shaff is talking about turbo when he plays pokemon, how about putting turbo inside of every button? wait i dont think that can be achieved...oh i know put turbo the entirety of the screen so no matter where he presses it's there. it should solve that little problem, then he can stay ambidextrous instead of being a lefty (no offense against lefties!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelewis View Post
    ok heres a crazy idea, forrest since shaff is talking about turbo when he plays pokemon, how about putting turbo inside of every button? wait i dont think that can be achieved...oh i know put turbo the entirety of the screen so no matter where he presses it's there. it should solve that little problem, then he can stay ambidextrous instead of being a lefty (no offense against lefties!!!)
    wow definitely needed that laugh, just found out i owe on my dam taxes, fml lmao.... and no it wont work when button coordinates overlap it voids the cfg file and doesnt seem to work.... lol i do agree though the dam lefties!!!!
    wow definitely needed that laugh, just found out i owe on my dam taxes, fml lmao.... and no it wont work when button coordinates overlap it voids the cfg file and doesnt seem to work.... lol i do agree though the dam lefties!!!!
    ahh well it was worth a try, what if you had say on the keyboard, the turbo and maybe the a button mapped together, then tried to touchscreen map them together and see if they still collide, hmm its crazy enough to work.
    haha im right handed, but one need turbo and dpad at the same time, and naturally dpad on the left FTW, so turbo must be ont he right, as one doesnt need a and B in poekmon in conjunction with the dpad, it would be easier if there were together and so i wouldnt need to let go of turbo to hit a or b. something like this.
    what if there was an option to not press, but toggle turbo? then no one would have to be a lefty . better yet, an option to make any button "turbo" as in spamming itself over and over, the attached image is a rough idea of what it would be like.
    a turbo toggle would be perfect tbh!
    well to my knowledge we dont have a toggle turbo capability, and yes i can code that one fore you dude but you will have to give me a while cuz i couldnt get the screen to do what i wanted so i will play with it tonight... oh and king that was hilarious!!!! lmao! and how did you make an avatar picture???
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    For help on editing the .cfg file, it's really quite easy if you have Photoshop (MS Paint, not so much).

Open your final image file up in Photoshop.
    Press F8, which will open up (Window > Info).
    It will open in the top right corner. When you move the cursor over the image, X and Y values will be shown. Plug those numbers into the corresponding set in your .cfg file and you're done!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast