1.    #1  
    ......are people making iphone and blackberry themes????

why do you want your pre to look like another phone?
    The grass is always greener I guess...
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post

i have other questions like this ones..

why are people requesting and installing iphone and blackberry themes????

why they didnt buy an iphone or blackberry???
    It is like this on every platform. There were iphone themes for the blackberry.
    Why do you care??
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Why do you care??
    why not?
    To be fair, a buddy of mine does have a Pre theme for his iPhone. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    To be fair, a buddy of mine does have a Pre theme for his iPhone. haha
    ill love to see that.. how that look lol!
    It was pretty funny actually, used the stock background that I've only ever seen the day I bought the phone and once after a doctor. haha

It changed the dock area to look like the quick launch but of course the background was obscured by all the app icons that are always there.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    The grass is always greener I guess...
    Haven't you learned that grass is only greener over a septic tank!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I agree.. why do people make themes period? I think they all look like crap. Some icons are changed, some remain the same, it's always inconsistent and it looks awful in my opinion. I prefer leaving the "theme" of my phone unmolested unless the creator of the device themselves create their own theme.

I've always been very anal about changing things like that. I prefer it as it was intended.

Patches on the other hand.. Love em. Themes? No thanks.. you can keep it.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    It's because they like the OS of the phone they got, but enjoy different looks. I loved the iPhone clownfish in an anemone. I had that one on my blackberry.

Stock is boring and themes are fun. It gives some variety.
    If you want an iphone theme, get an IPHONE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie82 View Post
    If you want an iphone theme, get an IPHONE!
    Ummm No, i Love WebOS , I Just Think Some Of The Themes Are Boring. Nobody Said That "YOU"Have To Install Them. You Dont Have To Be An A%#hole.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Guys, the whole point of theming is to give people choices. So you like the default theme? Great! Not everyone will agree with you, and who are you to say they shouldn't have other options? The customization options are what make this phone great.

Maybe there are people who like the look of the iphone, but want the features of webos. Well, now they can have the best of both worlds in their mind. Even if you don't like any of the themes, you should embrace the idea of theming, as for a lot of people, it adds a lot of value to the phone.
    Why Theme?? Its called the need to personalize. Whats wrong with that?

I mod just about everything i own, WHY, because I can ;-) Simple..... and it makes it MINE!

Whatever I want it to look like, I can do that.

Its not for everyone, but it also shouldn't be hated on.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I agree when I had my G1 I had a pre theme on it because the icon set and ui tweaks looked more appealing but I loved the form factor of the phone and I was under contract with tmobile. When I had the iPhone I had color themes and icon sets because it made my phone unique. Now that I have the pre Im bored of the colors from having it on my G1 so I changed the color. If you get more into the themeing you wont have inconsistencies because you can edit third party apps to have the icons you want in your theme. Having the same UI as everyone else just doesn't work for some people, like me for example. I dont want to wear the same clothes as everyone around me and I dont want to have the same theme. Everyone does this with nearly everything. Its why we change our style of clothes, the color of our house, the wallpaper on your desktop, the rims on your car, the color of your car, the setup of your furniture, the way your front lawn is set up, the way your website or blog looks. Conforming to a standard is just boring and noone will ever agree to what that standard should be anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post

I love confusing my friends who know nothing about technology.

Or maybe I like to fit the iphone's theme onto the pre because I like the look for a bit. Or maybe because some people just like it?

My personal fav for a while was the blackberry theme. I liked the dock look, the icons and the launcher.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it