Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Note: Now with color Bluetooth, WiFi, and phone bar icons!

The iPhone Black Launcher Theme can be downloaded here. In Preware tap List of Everything and then type "iPhone-Black". There are others out there. This will find this one.

The iPhone Black Launcher theme seamlessly blends your display with your phone. The display now looks sharp and crisp. Many Palm icons are replaced with professional-looking iPhone icons. With the black background, the icons pop off the screen so much that you may find yourself needing to reduce the brightness. Here is how the normal Pre Launcher looks next to the iPhone.

But with the iPhone Black Launcher theme, people will be asking you, "Is that the new iPhone?"

In this example, the top part of the first page is your Homepage. The lower part is the "Fun" page. Note the PreCentral, Google Latitude, and Precorder apps.

In this example, Page 2 is the "Reference" page. Page 3 is the "Utilities" Page.

These screens are just examples. Of course you can lay out your screens any way you like.

One thing you may be thinking is how can the first page of the Launcher be a "Homepage"? A Homepage comes up automatically. Palm thinks that you turn on your phone to stare at a pretty flower, not to actually do something.

Would you rather turn on your phone and actually do something? That is where Jason Robitaille's Launcher Auto-Popup patch comes in. Now when you turn on your phone, it goes to the Launcher and is ready to do something. If you ever do want to stare at the pretty flower, just hit the Launcher button.

The screenshots above are showing off the 4x4 v3 Launcher patch. It lets you keep the same size icons with nearly twice as many options! But you can chose other 3x3, 4x4, or 5x4 icons instead.

Also try the Launcher Black. It keeps the Palm icons but with a black background to match the phone. Other Lancher themes that keep the Pre icons include the Launcher Dark Red, Green, Blue, Purple, and Dark Gray.

Neither theme includes any patches or wallpapers, just the background images for the Quick Launch and the Launcher. This avoids incompatibility with patches and let's you chose which patches you want to use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/19/2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: updating
  2.    #2  
    Again, tn Preware tap List of Everything and then type "iPhone-Black". There are others out there. This will find this one.

This theme uses your wallpaper but for an amazing effect, try this black wallpaper. At the other end of the spectrum, a bold, bright wallpaper will no longer wash out your Launcher! Try some of these.

The iPhone Black Launcher theme purposely does not include any patches so you are free to chose your own. Here are some of the patches that really make this theme shine.

This theme looks great with the Launcher Auto Popup patch which automatically pops up the Launcher when you turn on your phone. It's just like having a homepage. If you left an app running as a foreground card, that app will come up instead. Thanks to Jason Robitaille!

Also consider adding the Top Bar 4x4 v3 icons patch give you 16 icons on your screen just like an iPhone. The icons are the same size as Palm's 3x3 icons. Thanks to onlinespending!

The screenshots also feature the Top Bar Battery Percentage and Icon patch and the Top Bar MM/DD Date patch. Give them a try if you don't already use them.

Special thanks to samnoonan for several of the icons. Check out his full iPhone theme.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/13/2010 at 11:55 PM.
    I really love this theme .. But I think I can't install it with the hide launcher bar patch right?

Can you make the black launcher without using the iphone icons?

thanks!
    Last edited by SISGO; 01/09/2010 at 10:50 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I really love this theme .. But I think I can't install it with the hide launcher bar patch right?

Can you make the black launcher without using the iphone icons?

thanks!
    Actually you can use it with any patch.

I purposely did not include any patches in it at all so that you can pick and choose the patches that you want to use with it.

Patch away as you normally would!

- Craig
    I was just thinking today about a theme line this. I would prefer stock icons too.
    it doesnt seem to work for me. None of the icons are being replaced. I'm using preware to install it.
    i love this theme,but since i use the new firmware here in germany i can install it,but nothing has changed,no new icons etc.

can you help me?

thank you
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I tried to install this also but it didn't take. I also would like to get that precentral app. Thanks
    During the install I got a bunch of errors from WebOSQuickInstall, but then after luna restarted it looks good.

It really looks a lot better than the default app launcher. Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninawtf2 View Post
    it doesnt seem to work for me. None of the icons are being replaced. I'm using preware to install it.
    Same here
    i like this theme. any chance you could include the iphone icons for the phone, messaging, internet, and email? you could even do one for the app catalog...
    not working for me I'm on 1.3.5.1 if that matters
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It works now in Preware..
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Can anyone provide assistance? I added this theme via Preware which is saying installed but no such luck as everything looks the same on my pre as it did before? I did not change my wallpaper and I am using 1.3.5.1 if that makes a difference at all. I also have the 4x4 v3 icons patch and have had that for a while. Anyone know how to get this to work because it looks realy cool based on the screen caps and I never really liked the grey/white launcher screen background and prefer the black.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Can anyone provide assistance? I added this theme via Preware which is saying installed but no such luck as everything looks the same on my pre as it did before? I did not change my wallpaper and I am using 1.3.5.1 if that makes a difference at all. I also have the 4x4 v3 icons patch and have had that for a while. Anyone know how to get this to work because it looks realy cool based on the screen caps and I never really liked the grey/white launcher screen background and prefer the black.
    Nevermind! I got it working and this is how:
    If you are installing it via preware go to "list of everything" begin typing "iphone" you will then see that there are two installation instances of this theme. Install the one with the icon and not the one with the box (this must be obsolete and if it could be removed will kill the confusion) and viola youre in business! BTW this thing is SAAAWEET! going to take some getting used to since I am not a fan of the iphone but it is much sleaker and sexier with this theme! I might give the auto launcher patch a whirl for a day.
    Love this theme! I would tell people that its a new iPhone, but I would not want to give Apple credit for a great WebOS
    Wow, I don't really do themes, but this one is awesome...I didn't even like the 4x4v3 launcher patch until now...

However, I noticed 2 issues with the icons, but I suppose it could be me phone only:

1. The NFL icon is showing up as the Nascar icon.
    2. The Space Invaders icon is not displaying the revised icon.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the theme, hiding/unhiding the NFL app, and uninstalling/reinstalling Space Invaders...Nothing worked.

Any ideas?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I was just thinking today about a theme line this. I would prefer stock icons too.
    Also try the Black Launcher. It keeps the Palm icons but with a black background to match the phone.

The Black Launcher theme just has the black background images for the Launcher and the clear background for Quick Launch. Neither theme includes any patches or wallpapers. This avoids incompatibility with patches and let's you chose which patches you want to use.

You might want to try the Launcher Auto-Popup. Now when you turn on your phone, it goes to the Launcher and is ready to do something. If you ever do want to stare at the pretty flower, just hit the Launcher button.

The 4x4 v3 Launcher patch also works beautifully but you can chose any patches you like or none at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/13/2010 at 11:56 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hollibs View Post
    i love this theme,but since i use the new firmware here in germany i can install it,but nothing has changed,no new icons etc.

can you help me?

thank you
    In Preware tap List of Everything and then type "iPhone-Black". There are others out there. This is the one.

- Craig
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by str8henn View Post
    I tried to install this also but it didn't take. I also would like to get that precentral app. Thanks
    Here is the PreCentral App and the Google Latitude app.

- Craig
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast