Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 97 of 97
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    OK, Let me apologize in advance if any one has already discussed this; however, I installed Horse Power from Preware, and decided I did not like it. I uninstalled it through Preware and it almost uninstalled completely. The only thing is, on the home page the word Horse Power is still there and colored blue as are the date and time (theme colors). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Check to make sure a patch is not installed... Patches are needed to change that stuff.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  2. #82  
    I did not find any.
  3. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
       #83  
    If you didn't find patches in Preware try looking using Quick Install. To be honest you probably won't find it there either but it's worth a shot.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    I did not find any.
    I would contact the theme creator... they know exactly which files were changed, thus giving you the ability to extract them specifically from the WebOS Doctor or by replacing them with Jason's Repair Utility. Thus you won't have to run through the whole ordeal of doctoring your phone.


    In the future (at least until a standard is met for themes), I would suggest staying away from any theme which installs patches along side the theme. Themes and patches can be installed, its just my experience that installing them via one *.ipk causes some patches to be left behind when removing the *.ipk.

    I personally have created a few themes, none of which install any patch files. Its much easier for the user to remove the theme if they install the theme and then install the patch files (separately) from Preware.


    Edit: if the patches are there they are probably under the installed > unknown (tab) in Preware
    Edit2: Don't forget Prethemer.com has most of the 'stock' theme uploaded on their site.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  5. #85  
    how do you open the terminal
  6. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
       #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by mallibubarbie View Post
    how do you open the terminal
    Terminal is an app you download through Preware. Unfortunately it is not working with WebOS 1.4 as of this time - the guys at WebOS Internals are working on an update.

    For now, instead of using Terminal you may be able to do the same with WebOS Quick Iinstall.

    Instead of Opening Terminal, connect your phone to the PC (charging only) - ensure the phone is in dev mode. In QI's Tools menu select "Linux Commandline" and then start entering commands per the instructions.
  7. #87  
    Can you tell me why terminal reboots my pre everytime I try and launch it?
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorabito View Post
    Can you tell me why terminal reboots my pre everytime I try and launch it?
    The terminal app is not compatible with webos 1.4... You can use the app termunis, for most commands in the mean time.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  9. #89  
    i have done all that, and my theme wont remove.
    any other way i can get this theme off my phone?!?
  10. #90  
    so followed your intructions to the letter, but when I typed in sudo -i it said sudo not recognized. the first line i get is 'root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root#' when I type in 'sudo -i' I get '_sh: sedo not found' I continued on with the rest of the instructions and the last one says that the theme.xml already existed and when i put in 'exit' nothing happened. and when i rest the phone the revert theme button was still greyed out please help me
  11. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
       #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowganon View Post
    so followed your intructions to the letter, but when I typed in sudo -i it said sudo not recognized. the first line i get is 'root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root#' when I type in 'sudo -i' I get '_sh: sedo not found' I continued on with the rest of the instructions and the last one says that the theme.xml already existed and when i put in 'exit' nothing happened. and when i rest the phone the revert theme button was still greyed out please help me
    It occurred to me - what version of QuickInstall are you using. This solution was for v2.96 and the grayed out "Revert to Default".

    If you are using v3.14 I feel your pain b/c I am having the same issue. The "Revert to Default" is grayed out and the list of available themes does not load.
  12. #92  
    oh ok thanks solarus, at least I can stop trying in vain
  13. #93  
    Thank you SO much tdogg0413, solarus Im sure theres at least a dozen thousand people that would love to give you guys big hugs for this! :P
  14. #94  
    My Pre isnt giving me the just Charge or Usb option anymore after doing this. Help?
  15. #95  
    Okay Nvm. To Anyone whom this does not work and still cant revert I figured out how to at least change your theme. I changed mine from Avenged Sevenfold to Modern Warfare 2.

    You need a program called Internalz. Once you have the app Internalz open it and go to the media folder. Then go to the cryptofs folder. Then to the apps folder. Then to the media folder. Then press and hold on the theme for a second or 2 till you get the options. Delete the theme and Voila your ready to download another theme on to your Palm Pre

    Hope this helped
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmdoublefoo View Post
    Okay Nvm. To Anyone whom this does not work and still cant revert I figured out how to at least change your theme. I changed mine from Avenged Sevenfold to Modern Warfare 2.

    You need a program called Internalz. Once you have the app Internalz open it and go to the media folder. Then go to the cryptofs folder. Then to the apps folder. Then to the media folder. Then press and hold on the theme for a second or 2 till you get the options. Delete the theme and Voila your ready to download another theme on to your Palm Pre

    Hope this helped
    Going to try this right now, Ive exhausted every other option trying to get rid of this hot pink theme!
  17. #97  
    It did not work. Once I got to the Media file (in Apps), there was no theme to delete. But it is still there. I don't know what to do at this point, I am so frustrated and want to get rid of this hot pink stuff. I am not savvy with this stuff at all, I wish I was. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions