Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    big thanks to solarus, i thought that my phone was S.O.L. cause i also had the problem with the grayed out Revert to Default Theme but i did what you said and it had worked perfectly. my problem was a little different due to i had mixed icons on my phone from two different theme's so i needed to do what you said and extract the files from both themes then reinstalled them one at a time then Revert to Default both times and now i have my original theme and icons. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    You can get the "Revert" button back without removing the theme. The problem is that when the theme was installed the "theme.xml" file was not uploaded to the Pre. Here's what you need to do.

1) With Preware, install the program - Terminal (it will also install a back-end service).
    2) Follow the instructions in the first post to create the "webos-quick-install" folder.
    2) Follow these steps:
    a) Download the theme you have in zip format (PreThemer.com allows you download themes directly to your computer) and extract the file "Theme.xml to your computer"
    b) In Dev Mode, connect your Pre and load WebOS QI.
    c) Go the the Tools menu and select "Send file"
    d) In the File window select the location on your CPU where you stored the "Theme.xml" document.
    e) In the Destination window type "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/
    f) Click "Send to Device" and exit QI.
    g) Restart your Pre and then connect to QI and go to Themer. You should now be able to "Revert to Default".
    solarus,

I need your help. I have done everything you say and it worked perfectly removing my theme except for one small exception. Everything about the theme was removed except the changes to the dialer. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this crazy problem?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Do you know what images on the dialer? If not post a screen shot and I'll post specific instructions.
    Do you know what images on the dialer? If not post a screen shot and I'll post specific instructions.
    I had the black out theme install. So the way it looks now is when you open the dialer to dial a phone number instead of it being the original green it's still black from the theme. The only reason why i'm worried about this is for the OTA update coming out.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Give me a few minutes to download the theme and check out the files it replaces.

Okay the first thing you will need is the original files. I've attached them here if you don't have them. Save the files where ever you like - make sure you click on the files to enlarge them to their full size before saving.

1) Put the Phone in Dev Mod so you can connect it to Quick Install.
    2) Once the phone is connected and in Dev Mode, open QI and then open "Send File" in the Tools menu.

For the next steps I will assume you will go through the five files in the same order I have attached them here.

3) In the new window click "File" and locate the first file you are going to send to the Pre - the first here is "backdrop-firstuse.png
    4) In the Destination Folder section enter (without quotes): "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/"
    5) Click enter "Send to Device"

QI should pop up a button that confirms the file was sent. Repeat the exercise with each of the files needed to be replaced. You don't need to change the destination folder. All the images are in "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/".

One last thing. After you have sent the files to the Pre, reboot the phone.

Let me know how this goes and then I'll post instructions to remove the backup files created when the theme was installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by solarus; 02/23/2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Give me a few minutes to download the theme and check out the files it replaces.

Okay the first thing you will need is the original files. I've attached them here if you don't have them. Save the files where ever you like - make sure you click on the files to enlarge them to their full size before saving.

1) Put the Phone in Dev Mod so you can connect it to Quick Install.
    2) Once the phone is connected and in Dev Mode, open QI and then open "Send File" in the Tools menu.

For the next steps I will assume you will go through the five files in the same order I have attached them here.

3) In the new window click "File" and locate the first file you are going to send to the Pre - the first here is "backdrop-firstuse.png
    4) In the Destination Folder section enter (without quotes): "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/"
    5) Click enter "Send to Device"

QI should pop up a button that confirms the file was sent. Repeat the exercise with each of the files needed to be replaced. You don't need to change the destination folder. All the images are in "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/".

One last thing. After you have sent the files to the Pre, reboot the phone.

Let me know how this goes and then I'll post instructions to remove the backup files created when the theme was installed.
    THANKS A MILLION!! It work!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Your welcome. To delete the backups, with Pre in Dev Mode open QI:

1) open the "Delete File/Directory" in the Tools menu in QI.
    2) In the new window that opens, make sure the "File" radio button is pressed.
    3) Enter (without quotes) "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-firstuse.pngBACKUP" in the "Path" section and press the "Delete" button. This will remove the backup file of the backdrop-firstuse.png file.

Note: If you get an error along the lines of "no file found", then backups weren't made when you installed the theme. If this happens, this will likely be the case with the other four files too, since they were not replaced with original files when you removed the theme.

If the file is deleted successfully repeat the steps for the other four files. Remember to change the file name in the last part of the "Path" section for each of the other four files. The files will all have "BACKUP" added to the .png extension of their file name (ex. backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.pngBACKUP).
    Thanks again for all the help! Worked just like you said and I didn't get any error messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    that means that you have to make the directory for the file to go into. So follow the first set of directions, make sure you are in developer mode, and make sure to enable the read /write mode exactly as laid out.

) Open Terminal (no quotes when typing commands)
    2) Ensure you have or gain root privileges by typing "sudo -i"
    3) Enable read write mode by typing "mount -o remount,rw /"
    4) Type the following "cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/"
    5) Type "mkdir webos-quick-install" Hit enter...
    6) Type "exit"
    7) Close Terminal and reboot your Pre.

I am sorry everyone.. but i am totally lost.. When i open Terminal and enter sudo -i and hit enter it tells me not found or invalid. I need to get the 1.4.0 update and i am afraid to do it when i have this theme installed but Webos Quick Install won't let me revert to default because it's grayed out. Please help. im at tegtr360 on yahoo or reply here. thanks
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Are you basically having the same problem as T-PAIN on Post 17 ( on the first page of this thread? If so and the error message ends with "rootpalm-webos-device:/var/home/root#" then you are ok. Just proceed with the rest of the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by perseusrufus View Post
    I am sorry everyone.. but i am totally lost.. When i open Terminal and enter sudo -i and hit enter it tells me not found or invalid. I need to get the 1.4.0 update and i am afraid to do it when i have this theme installed but Webos Quick Install won't let me revert to default because it's grayed out. Please help. im at tegtr360 on yahoo or reply here. thanks

Try doing the above commands but skip the sudo -i command.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Try doing the above commands but skip the sudo -i command.
    When i enter cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ it says "Not Found"
    When i enter cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ it says "Not Found"
    Ok so here's what i did.. I went into Preware and installed one of the themes that was there and then the "revert to default" was available to click on. I did it and it reverted back to the one that i put on using WebOS Quick Install (Blue Theme)

So i guess when i installed the Blue theme it changed the defaults to the Blue theme instead of keeping the original files.. so how do i get the original to go on?
    Woot, thanx, took me a a while to get all the the apps I needed, but better then losing everything.. Thanks
    Ok so here's what i did.. I went into Preware and installed one of the themes that was there and then the "revert to default" was available to click on. I did it and it reverted back to the one that i put on using WebOS Quick Install (Blue Theme)

So i guess when i installed the Blue theme it changed the defaults to the Blue theme instead of keeping the original files.. so how do i get the original to go on?
    Your only option is to try and install the default theme which is posted on PreThemer.com

or

Use Jason's Repair Utility and replace all the non stock files.

or

Use the WebOS Doctor.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Ok It is almost complete except for a few icons and the wifi, 3g signal strength, and battery are still blue from when i had the theme.. any ideas?
    ok so i did the WebOS update 1.4 and it is good to go now.. all well and nothing wrong. Thanks again everyone you are awesome
    Can you tell me what you did (download default, repair utility or doctor)? I cannot remove my theme either and would like to do the update
    AWESOME!!!
    ...getting rid of my patches was easy, the theme was a different story. Thanks to Solarus, it was easy too... it just took me some time to find his detailed instructions on this post!

comment:
    After step 6 (Send to Device) I was able to go straight to the themer and "revert" and it automatically "luna'd".

THANKS AGAIN!

1) Download the theme you have in zip format and extract the file "Theme.xml to you computer"
    2) IN Dev Mode, connect your Pre and load WebOS QI.
    3) Go the the Tools menu and select "Send file"
    4) In the File window select the location on your CPU where you stored the "Theme.xml" document.
    5) In the Destination window type "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/
    6) Click "Send to Device" and exit QI.
    7) Restart Luna on your Pre and then connect to QI and go to Themer. You should now be able to "Revert to Default".

Hope it works for you.
    Last edited by Alex8226; 03/02/2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: mispelled Solarus' name
    OK, Let me apologize in advance if any one has already discussed this; however, I installed Horse Power from Preware, and decided I did not like it. I uninstalled it through Preware and it almost uninstalled completely. The only thing is, on the home page the word Horse Power is still there and colored blue as are the date and time (theme colors). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast