Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    thank you very much. great info.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hey thanks! Not being able to revert to default was driving me nuts.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I can load themes. But can not revert back to default. Like others stated it is greyed out. I love my Cowboys theme but was wanting to get it back for the future update. I do not know what you guys are talking about with that code entry. What am I to do ? Will the update mess my phone up if I leave the Cowboy theme on there ? Is there another way that a non programmer or just phone stupid person like me can fix this ?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huncher View Post
    I can load themes. But can not revert back to default. Like others stated it is greyed out. I love my Cowboys theme but was wanting to get it back for the future update. I do not know what you guys are talking about with that code entry. What am I to do ? Will the update mess my phone up if I leave the Cowboy theme on there ? Is there another way that a non programmer or just phone stupid person like me can fix this ?
    You can get the "Revert" button back without removing the theme. The problem is that when the theme was installed the "theme.xml" file was not uploaded to the Pre. Here's what you need to do.

1) With Preware, install the program - Terminal (it will also install a back-end service).
    2) Follow the instructions in the first post to create the "webos-quick-install" folder.
    2) Follow these steps:
    a) Download the theme you have in zip format (PreThemer.com allows you download themes directly to your computer) and extract the file "Theme.xml to your computer"
    b) In Dev Mode, connect your Pre and load WebOS QI.
    c) Go the the Tools menu and select "Send file"
    d) In the File window select the location on your CPU where you stored the "Theme.xml" document.
    e) In the Destination window type "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/
    f) Click "Send to Device" and exit QI.
    g) Restart your Pre and then connect to QI and go to Themer. You should now be able to "Revert to Default".
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Terminal is an app ?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Been waiting 5 minutes with WiFi and Preware is still starting and downloading
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    OK weird thing as soon as I got out of DEV Mode, PreWare starting working fine. So waiting to download Terminal and try to accomplish this over my head task.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Success ! Dude (solarus) you are a credit to this community and you have my personal thanks. What you do not understand is that if you were able to guide me through this ANYONE can do it. I hope this may help others that are not as knowledgeable. I feel like I have really done something. Ha haaa But you don't know how sweet it is to feel like I can keep using themes and get back where I want to be. Ohh and i am gonna check out Preware now. Now on the terminal app. Do I still need that and what does that thing do ? Thanks again !
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    No problem - this was the first I discovered how to fix an issue so I know the feeling

I would keep Terminal around - its quite useful when you need it, although you will probably not use very much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Huncher View Post
    Success ! Dude (solarus) you are a credit to this community and you have my personal thanks. What you do not understand is that if you were able to guide me through this ANYONE can do it. I hope this may help others that are not as knowledgeable. I feel like I have really done something. Ha haaa But you don't know how sweet it is to feel like I can keep using themes and get back where I want to be. Ohh and i am gonna check out Preware now. Now on the terminal app. Do I still need that and what does that thing do ? Thanks again !
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Solarus, you are amazing! I was SO frustrated by this whole theme process. I will never install another one! Your steps were incredibly easy to follow...even for a technophobe like me.

Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Solarus, great post...unfortunatly it didn't work for me(Had to dr. my phone). I think I will stick with changing wallpaper from now on.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Hope I'm not duplicating anyone elses previously-posted findings. When I 1st tried this using the Terminal app (installed using webOS-Quick-Installer), it launched, but the instructions didn't work- sudo -i failed, couldn't remount /, couldn't change directory. Solution: I had failed to also install the Terminal Service Plugin. Without this plugin, the Terminal can only READ the filesystem. Both the Terminal app and Terminal Service Plugin are available from webosinternals.org.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Amazing. Thanks solarus.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am having a hell of a time removing a theme. I run QuickInstall and press revert to default. It replys back with "Theme removed". Phone resets, but icons/bootscreen/various reminants of theme is still present. Will I hae to load the default? Anyone have it so I can load it?! Thanks !
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    thank you for this, it worked on the first try.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    this doesn't seem to work on update 1.3.5.2 at all. installed terminal and not even showing in apps sections. all that frm trying one theme.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    what a load of crock. yeah i know i should have heeded warning. how long do i have to wait for revert to default to complete? been over 10 mins and still saying please wait. do i need to load theme again or can anyone give link to default ipk

update:
    well something happened as original theme returned without telling me that theme was removed. i waited about 30 mins and pulled usb then restarted phone. original icons and theme returned so i did a partial reset and voila its all back. SOLARUS dude you a life saver. buy you a drink anytime
    Last edited by shingers5; 02/03/2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
    this doesn't seem to work on update 1.3.5.2 at all. installed terminal and not even showing in apps sections. all that frm trying one theme.
    The problem seems to be in the Terminal installation. Did you install "Terminal" or "Terminal Service Plugin"? If you installed Terminal and you don;t have an icon, try rebooting the phone. If that does not work then try removing Terminal in Preware and then re-installing using the following steps.

1) Open Preware and install the Terminal Service Plugin first.
    2) Close PreWare and restart Luna or Reboot
    3) Open Preware and then install Terminal.
    4) Restart Luna or Reboot.

If this works and Terminal is now installed, just follow the instructions in this post... http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2170885

Hope this helps and yes I feel your pain, it took quite some time before I figured out how to get my theme off - after two trips to the Doc too.
    I have the red and black theme on my phone too and i have repeated the steps two or three times, i have internalz and i dont have the web os quick install folder?
    what do I do?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    saed22, Did you follow the steps in the first post or the one's in the 4th post on page 3. If you already have a theme installed follow the instructions on Page 3.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast