Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    You should be hitting Enter after each step. No quotes. Just curious, what was your original problem that brought you to the thread? So, in internalz, you go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib? After lib the next folder should be webos-quick-install
    I came to this thread because I have been searching for a solution to the grayed out Revert to Default Theme problem. I had posted on another thread the other day where a few people were having the same problem. Anyway, I followed your directions inside of Internalz and once I get to lib theres isn't a webos-quick-install folder; just a .webosinternals.patches folder.
    OK, so I decided to try and install a completely different theme, despite the fact that I can't remove my current theme (or revert to the default theme). I decided to do this because when I open the themer in quick install it says that my current theme is the default theme (even tho it is actually the red and black theme). Anyway, the install of the new theme worked and when i went in to the internalz app, there is now a webos-quick-install folder. How odd is that?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Perfect! You should now be able to delete that theme using preware or Quick Install.
    Cool. What's weird, is that the battery, signal, and wifi icons are still red? I think remnants of the red and black theme are still on the phone.
    So I uninstalled the theme I just installed to see if it would also remove the Red and Black theme; and it did not do as I had hoped. Rather, it just reverted back to the Red and Black theme as if it was in deed my default theme. What the hell? I think I am going to have to run WebOSDoctor and start over completely.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I have heard that installing a theme with Preware will work and if the webos folder isn't there it will create it for you. Unfortunately the only solution to installing a theme over another like you did to get the webos folder that I'm aware off is top Doctor the phone.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    if you do a search for the default theme on here you can try installing that via wosqi. I will post it here tomorrow if you can't find it.
    This worked like a charm. Thanks solarus!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ah thank you Solarus, I followed your instructions but was unable to remove my current theme. The solution for me was to just reinstall the theme I already had on there, that gave me back my greyed out box and this time it installed without the errors. reverting to original now so hopefully it actually will! /crosses fingers

*edit* I should point out that your directions did in fact work. It sounds like installing themes via webos qi creates errors if that folder is not already present. I have my device's original theme now so it worked flawlessly. I would just point out that anyone that is still having the issue should just try to reinstall their current theme, not another one.
    I am really confused on what the hell to do, but also i just want to revert it to defalt because i put one theme then changed it but somethings never changed from the old theme so its all mixed up
    having gray out problems and can't even open Preware. Need help.

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    For those unable to revert back to the default theme when using Quick Install there is a solution. I've tested it with one of my themes and it worked great.

The reason for problem, at least in my case, was that the directory where quick install needs to place the theme.xml file did not exist on my Pre. To solve this you will need the following:
    a) Terminal App (available on PreWare
    b) A rooted Pre (I think, mine is anyway)

The Solution:

1) Open Terminal (no quotes when typing commands)
    2) Ensure you have or gain root privileges by typing "sudo -i"
    3) Enable read write mode by typing "mount -o remount,rw /"
    4) Type the following "cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/"
    5) Type "mkdir webos-quick-install" Hit enter...
    6) Type "exit"
    7) Close Terminal and reboot your Pre.

To make sure it worked I recommend downloading Jason's great tool Internalz which allows you to see the file structure of the Pre in a familiar GUI. If you see the "webos-quick-install" folder in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ directory then you should be able to install a theme via quick install and remove it afterwards.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin4clancy View Post
    I am really confused on what the hell to do, but also i just want to revert it to defalt because i put one theme then changed it but somethings never changed from the old theme so its all mixed up
    If you've got mixed up elements from various things, the only thing to do is either find the 1.3.5 default theme in a package (sorry I don't have it) or Doctor your phone.

This solution is only for those that the grayed out button and do not have a theme installed.

Quote Originally Posted by anime4life View Post
    having gray out problems and can't even open Preware. Need help.
    I'm pretty clueless about Preware issues but a search of the board may help with your specific issue. The solution to the gray out button works but only if do not have a theme installed. If you have a theme installed, even after you have followed the directions, you will still have the theme on the phone but no Theme.xml file stored in the folder you just created - so Quick Install thinks that no theme is installed when there is.
    BIG thanks to Solarus, that worked perfect. Themer now back to working great!
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    b) A rooted Pre (I think, mine is anyway)
    Doesn't need to be rooted.
    Hi. I have preware on my phone and attempted installing themes with it. It said everything worked, and even though preware showed a theme installed, nothing on the phone changed. I removed the installed theme and tried again with the same result.

SO... I decided to try WebOS Quick Install and chose the Texas Longhorns theme. There were error messages coming up but i thought since the fella who wrote it said that would happen everything was ok. Well it did work, and the theme is on my phone, but now I cannot revert to the default theme.

Unfortunately, WebOS says the default theme is the one installed so the revert button is grayed out. I've tried different fixes but nothing is working. I tried using Preware but it doesn't recognize there is a new theme. I tried solutions from this thread, including Solarus' instructions but the theme was still present when I rebooted.

One thing I haven't tried because I don't have my version is to reinstall the default theme over the Longhorns theme, but I can't find it anywhere. If someone has it can you please post it. I found a default theme file on the web (com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all(2).ipk) but I don't know how to use it. Again don't know that I even should since my version is the recent 1.3.5.1 one. This of course may not remove all remnants of the Longhorn theme anyway so it still may not be a good idea.

Anyway, any help is appreciated. I posted this info on a new thread but no one is biting. No matter how long it takes I will try anything. It seemed like there was a lot of knowledge and experienced folks here that like challenges so here you go I don't want to wipe out my phone and start all over of course, but I think there are many solutions I haven't heard so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Solarus:
    Any advice with how to remove your Battlestar icons? I've removed themese from WebOS Quick Install and from Preware and run WebOSRepairUtility. I can't get your BSG torn corner icons to go away. I don't have a rooted pre and I was hoping to just be able to use the themer tool.
    Thanks,
    emotif
    San Francisco
    Yes! Worked~
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    My apologies for the delay in answering emotif - I use Yahoo email so of course getting email notifications of thread posts aren't working as they should

Anyway if you still need some help try the following (btw you don't need a rooted Pre for this). You will need Terminal. What you are going to do is rename the Backup files Themer or PreWare created when you installed the theme to the original file name which will overwrite the BSG theme corners.

1) Open Terminal (no quotes when typing commands)
    2) Type "sudo -i"
    3) Enable read write mode by typing "mount -o remount,rw /" Hit Enter
    4) Type the following "cd /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/" Hit Enter
    5) Type the following "mv wm-corner-bottom-left.pngBACKUP wm-corner-bottom-left.png" Hit Enter
    6) Type the following "wm-corner-bottom-right.pngBACKUP wm-corner-bottom-right.png" Hit Enter
    7) Type the following "mv wm-corner-top-left.pngBACKUP wm-corner-top-left.png" Hit Enter
    8) Type the following "mv wm-corner-top-right.pngBACKUP wm-corner-top-right.png" Hit Enter
    9) Type "exit"
    7) Close Terminal and reboot your Pre

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by emotif View Post
    Solarus:
    Any advice with how to remove your Battlestar icons? I've removed themese from WebOS Quick Install and from Preware and run WebOSRepairUtility. I can't get your BSG torn corner icons to go away. I don't have a rooted pre and I was hoping to just be able to use the themer tool.
    Thanks,
    emotif
    San Francisco
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    The theme will still be present and QI will still think the default theme is installed because the theme.xml file (that would be located in the folder you created by following the instructions) is not on the Pre. You can get it on the Pre though after which when you load Themer QI will recognize that the theme is installed and will allow you to "revert to Dafault". Try this aftr you have created the directory in my first post.

1) Download the theme you have in zip format and extract the file "Theme.xml to you computer"
    2) IN Dev Mode, connect your Pre and load WebOS QI.
    3) Go the the Tools menu and select "Send file"
    4) In the File window select the location on your CPU where you stored the "Theme.xml" document.
    5) In the Destination window type "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/
    6) Click "Send to Device" and exit QI.
    7) Restart Luna on your Pre and then connect to QI and go to Themer. You should now be able to "Revert to Default".

Hope it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB52 View Post
    Hi. I have preware on my phone and attempted installing themes with it. It said everything worked, and even though preware showed a theme installed, nothing on the phone changed. I removed the installed theme and tried again with the same result.

SO... I decided to try WebOS Quick Install and chose the Texas Longhorns theme. There were error messages coming up but i thought since the fella who wrote it said that would happen everything was ok. Well it did work, and the theme is on my phone, but now I cannot revert to the default theme.

Unfortunately, WebOS says the default theme is the one installed so the revert button is grayed out. I've tried different fixes but nothing is working. I tried using Preware but it doesn't recognize there is a new theme. I tried solutions from this thread, including Solarus' instructions but the theme was still present when I rebooted.

One thing I haven't tried because I don't have my version is to reinstall the default theme over the Longhorns theme, but I can't find it anywhere. If someone has it can you please post it. I found a default theme file on the web (com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all(2).ipk) but I don't know how to use it. Again don't know that I even should since my version is the recent 1.3.5.1 one. This of course may not remove all remnants of the Longhorn theme anyway so it still may not be a good idea.

Anyway, any help is appreciated. I posted this info on a new thread but no one is biting. No matter how long it takes I will try anything. It seemed like there was a lot of knowledge and experienced folks here that like challenges so here you go I don't want to wipe out my phone and start all over of course, but I think there are many solutions I haven't heard so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by solarus; 01/20/2010 at 10:43 AM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast