Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I had a theme with preware, but i decided to uninstall it and installed a new one through WebOS Quick install, during the process... My usb cable accidently got yanked out of my computer, not letting it fully install...

I restarted my phone to see if it would come up and it didnt

Then .. I decided to uninstall it through preware.. but it didn't show up ...but it didnt let me put a new one on because i get an ERRor saying I have one installed already ....

So I went to WEBOS Quick install to uninstall it... but then it just stays in "Please wait, this will take a few minutes so please be patient" and NOTHING happens... It pretty much freezes.. and i have to close WOSQI through my task manager on my comp.

I tried running Emergency Patch Repair (I know ur not supposed to with themes.. but i didn't know what else)

and of course that didn't soolve it...

Does anybody have any ideas on how I could DELETE this invisible Theme from my phone??? PLEASEEE... I have the current WebOS 1.3.5 on my phone.. I REALLLLLY prefer not to Doctor.. SO does anyone have any other ideas???

BTW.. patches work fine .. so its just the theme it gets stuck ...
    I also tried deleting and reinstalling Package manager service and preware..
    and turning my phone on and off through developer modes being on and off.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    no one??? Does anyone atleast know when to expect he WEBOS Repair??? for 1.3.5??
    okay. i would restart WOSQI and see what it gives you. if it allows you to install a theme I would reinstall that theme, then remove it. thta should do the trick.
    ...Oh, if you restart WOSQI and it doesnt give you the option to install, but gives you the option to uninstall I would try uninstalling again. it may get hung up again, but thats okay do it again (next time let it work longer) until it gives you the option to install. it should eventually work...if it doesn't let me know...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    its always given me the option to install a theme.. or revert to default.. but when i do either ... WEBOS freezes.
    hummm.... i'm stumped. usually one of those options will work. Are you using the lastest WOSQI?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    yeah i am using the latest version. I think my only option is to wait for the Repair utility to come out...
    yeah. I think you may be right...hopefully that will be soon.
    If you used emergency patch recovery to try cleaning the ttheme, you messed ur phone bcause this patch is not compatible with themes only with patches, but try this maybe work try installing a new theme over the ghost theme, and then try uninstalling the new one!

good luck!

edit: if webos q.I is freezing restart ur pc and try it!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Yeah i figured the EPR might mess it up .. but i figured it was worth the shot ..since its looking like i might have to DOCTOR at some point.

DO u think the Repair will fix what I messed up??

PS .. i tried restarting the comp .. whats weird is .. if I unplug my phone while the WOSQI is frozen .. it will then come back to life and say ERROR: no phone detected or whatver .. then i'll plug it in .. and it will refreeze.. When I **** it down throught task manager ... it says the JAVA is waiting from a response from me??? ugh i dunno .. this is all so complicated ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundra23 View Post
    Yeah i figured the EPR might mess it up .. but i figured it was worth the shot ..since its looking like i might have to DOCTOR at some point.

DO u think the Repair will fix what I messed up??

PS .. i tried restarting the comp .. whats weird is .. if I unplug my phone while the WOSQI is frozen .. it will then come back to life and say ERROR: no phone detected or whatver .. then i'll plug it in .. and it will refreeze.. When I **** it down throught task manager ... it says the JAVA is waiting from a response from me??? ugh i dunno .. this is all so complicated ..
    yeap webos repair utility is going to fix ... but you need to do with override compatibility

edit: wait until jason update the repair utility to work with!
    I havethe exact same issue. Hangs up, wont let you do anything. Tried to restart Wosqi does not help. Get the EXACT same responses. Everything else works fine.

Cant wait for a fix!!
    I checked the IPKG log and find this error under Post Install:There is already a theme installed.remove any installed themes before continuing.Removing package com.prethemer.themes.2981b99e26 from root...
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/var/usr/lib/webos-quickinstall': File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No suchfile or directory
    sh: 1: unknown operand
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    yup ! thats what i get ... The Repair utility can't come soon enough!
    I am having a similiar sort of problem. I have a theme installed along with patches. I HAVE NOT updated to the new OS yet because I need to uninstall my theme and patches. I know that the theme should be uninstalled first, but when I go to WOSQI and click on themer, it gives me this error message:

Error: Unable to read xml file. Illegal character 'square' at start or tag name near line 362, column 4.

I've also tried to go through preware but it doesn't show any theme there either. What is going on and how to I get the theme off?

PS even when I get the error message the themer comes up but doesn't show any current theme....I've tried uninsall and it will lock up on the screen that says it will take a few minutes (waited for an hour). Also tried installing a new theme and it locks up at the same point. HELP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pigskinplayers View Post
    I checked the IPKG log and find this error under Post Install:There is already a theme installed.remove any installed themes before continuing.Removing package com.prethemer.themes.2981b99e26 from root...
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/var/usr/lib/webos-quickinstall': File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No suchfile or directory
    sh: 1: unknown operand
    I got the same message... so what do we have to do to get this theme that we dont have off.. can anybody help us?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    It seems we have to wait until the new WebOS repair utility comes out.... unless you want to doctor your phone..
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    Having the exact same problem... once I get it fixed, I'm definitely going to avoid doing anything with themes via Quick Install.... I've had much better luck using prethemer via preware.
    agreed!!!!

ps...yup..I'm a nerd who checks up on her posts on occasion...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I AM EXTREMELY HAPPPPYYY to report that the Repair utility that was updated today cured my phone!!!! It repaired whatever was wrong and I was now able to install a theme through preware!!!

TO the people with the same issue... make sure you go to options and make sure "Override compatability" is checked off (or else it won't fix themes, patches or whatever)

YAY
    Pre user since summer '09...on my fourth phone.
    were do u get the repair utility ...I am getting the error message when trying to bring up preware...I updated phone with out removing patches but did remove theme and now preware wont come up Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast