Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed a homebrew theme using the WEbosquickinstall themer, and it never gave me the option to revert to default. Now I've tried doing a partial erase and I still have the same stupid theme. How do I get the original theme back??????? Thanks so much for the help I've had my Pre 2 days now I hate that it is messed up already.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/03/2010 at 01:36 PM.
    im having the same problem. I installed a theme and didnt like it, so i tried to uninstall it but it wasnt allowing me to click the restore to default theme, and it said my current theme was default aswell.
    ok nevermind i fixed up the problem by just reinstalling them on preware and then uninstalling them so it allw orked on my phone its just my computer, but now im screwed cuz i had the super mario theme v1.0 from cheeno but now hes come out with a newer version...anyone know how to get some of the old icons off my phone that he updated?
    I think it's a bug with Quick Install. I'm seeing the same issue after installing a theme. I didn't like how it looked on the phone, kicked off QI and now it says I'm still using the default theme.
    I'm having the exact same issue with the old super mario theme. After I attempted to revert back to the default theme, I noticed I still had the super mario icons. There has to be a way to remove the them in total. Can someone help us?

Edit: I doctored my Pre and got my default theme back to normal. It sucks that you have to go through an hour of doctoring/updating to resolve this issue. But atleast it's fixed.
    Last edited by Kid Capré; 12/29/2009 at 07:12 PM.
    i am having a similar issue. The revert to default button is greyed out and I cant put the stock theme back on. The box states I have the default theme and I dont. Any advice would be appreciated.
    You could try this:

com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk

Download the default theme and install it via WebOSQI. Hope this helps.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    A partial reset helped whipe out the leftover icons from past themes for me. Give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    You could try this:

didn't work... didn't do ANYTHING!
    I'm having the same problem. I had to use the updated WebOSdoctor to reset my phone so that I could get back to the default theme. Now I am trying to download a new theme but can't install it because the Revert to Default button is grayed out on the QuickInstall themer. Does anyone know how to fix this??

On a similar note... since the update from Palm last week, I have not been able to get a few of the Preware apps to work (i.e. email in landscape view, LED notification, and a few others). Even the WebOSdoctor reset did not fix this problem. Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    You could try this:

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGank View Post
    didn't work... didn't do ANYTHING!
    So I installed a palm theme via preware and it will not show in the installed themes area of preware to remove it. I was reading that this did not work for a few people. Is this my only route on this issue. Thank you in advance for anyone that can assist me on this issue...
    Anyone have any updates on this issue?
    Guys it really isn't that difficult at all. All you have to do is go in Preware, go to your downloaded packages, find the theme, and remove it.
    I used Themer to install the themes, and received 2 error messages before saying theming complete. At that point, it installed some parts of the theme, but didn't recognize the new theme as the current theme. Revert to default is greyed out.

Any insight how to fix in themer? I don't think that downloading preware should be necessary to do this.
    It could be an easy fix if some one were to up load the original theme in the theme catalog. I do not know how. For now I would use one of the PRE clear themes as it is a close copy of the original. I found a theme called iphone bubbles it appears to just change the texting/chat.

Just an off hand idea.
    Last edited by Boggs3010; 01/05/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    That still wouldn't fix the real problem of not being able to revert to default on WebOSQuickInstall and the error messages that are not installing full themes.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The solution I found was to delete the theme.xml file found at /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/

I was unable to delete the file using WebOSQI, but I was able to delete it using the Terminal application. After that I was able to install another theme via Preware and THEN the Revert to Default button started working.

I will say up front that I have little WebOS or Linux experience so I am not sure if there are or what the consequences might be of doing this. So until someone says this is safe, please do this at your own risk. ^^
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schandlich View Post
    The solution I found was to delete the theme.xml file found at /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/

I was unable to delete the file using WebOSQI, but I was able to delete it using the Terminal application. After that I was able to install another theme via Preware and THEN the Revert to Default button started working.

I will say up front that I have little WebOS or Linux experience so I am not sure if there are or what the consequences might be of doing this. So until someone says this is safe, please do this at your own risk. ^^

"The solution I found was to delete the theme.xml file found at /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/
    "

Where do u find that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Guys it really isn't that difficult at all. All you have to do is go in Preware, go to your downloaded packages, find the theme, and remove it.
    That is the problem. When doing so it does not give that option or we all would have done that already. The theme installed shows up no where...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I found a solution. It worked for me at least.

I was playing around with the structure this afternoon and noticed that the folder the theme.xml file is supposed to be loaded onto in the Pre was not there. When I made the folder my themes can be removed without any problem via Quick Install.

Instructions are here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...t-default.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast