Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hello everyone! I have a Pre that I installed Preware and I installed various patches. I had to do a Full Erase on the phone and now I have a few patches installed but WebOS Quickinstall or Preware does not recognize this, how do I remove the patches??? I have wiped the phone many times and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Preware but NOTHING works...

Error Installing: see IPKG Log
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
    Use the EPR (Emergency Patch Repair) button on the webOSQI or Preware...it should remove them.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Where do I find this EPR on Preware? I can't seem to find it...
    EPR (a Linux app under Preware or the webOS Internals feed) may not work for you in that circumstances, or rather it may report them removed but they still be installed and running. If that happens to you (as it did to me yesterday), you may need to run webOS Doctor. {Jonathan}
    I need help with preware. I'm trying to locate EPR on the preware. The problem is that my preware does not show the
    -Linux application,
    -linux daemon,
    - optware, and plugin. If anyone can tell me how to get those items into my preware I would really appreciate it. I used EPR before but I don't know why this time those four items I listed do not show up on my preware list of available packages. I have updated
    Quote Originally Posted by lenin_pre View Post
    I need help with preware. I'm trying to locate EPR on the preware. The problem is that my preware does not show the
    -Linux application,
    -linux daemon,
    - optware, and plugin. If anyone can tell me how to get those items into my preware I would really appreciate it. I used EPR before but I don't know why this time those four items I listed do not show up on my preware list of available packages. I have updated
    Preware Available Other Linux Application All Emergency Patch Remover (EPR)
    But if you've already tried taking them off manually, this will run through & take them off but it may also leave it patched. So like it will say you have no patches installed but you still might.
    And make sure that you have no theme installed when you run this.
    Another thing, if you still see it has the patch, use WebOS Repair Utility. On the second or third menu option at the top Click on the overide compatibility whatever. I can't remember what it's call off the top of my head, but it says override & then click scan afterwards. It will scan your pre for any files that have been removed or changed. It will continually ask you if you want to change them, I'd say just click the Yes to All button but if you want to keep some files changed, you can leave it.
    WebOS is like an alternitive to WebOS Doctor. So it will not erase anything off your Pre but system changes. (Ex: Patches, Themes, Tweaks, Emoticions, etc.) But it would still be a great idea if you back up your data to your computer & your Palm Profile just to be safe.
    I hope this helps, sorry it's kinda long. =)
    Here is my issue.... I have preware patches on my daughters pre. Preware and QuickInstall do not recognize the patches. I have done a full reset with no luck. I am trying to do the webdoctor on it, but it is not recognizing the phone.

Palm Novacom cannot be started on this computer. Error 1067
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre