Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have been around here for a while now, but just browsing. I want new themes for my phone, and am not to comfortable with "modding" since i have never done it. I am sure there is a youtube video somewhere that will help me out. However, what if there is an update, or somehow sprint can see that i have done this? Will i have to replace my phone?
    It is a bit of a grey area I think. There is some risk that Sprint would consider your warranty broken if you "mod" your Pre, however you can always use WebOS Doctor to restore your Pre to its original state with no footprints. Therefore this becomes a moral issue more than anything else. I am fairly confident Palm will not introduce theming as an "official" option, so if you desperately want to try some new themes then you will have to make the jump. It's really very easy to do and there's little risk - in fact some would claim it's impossible to brick your phone now that WebOS Doctor exists. As long as you follow the instructions that guide you, everything should be fine. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I found that there is a way to pretty much just download the stuff onto your phone and not have to take the long entering command route. It is a-lot easier than i thought.