Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I'm back with this theme. I think its pretty much done. I've edited many images from the UI. But anyways, I've added the following patch:
    Multi-Scrim Patch.

I've also already have the images installed into the wallpaper's folder so make sure you don't have patches installed that involve changing scrims.

I've used different themes to make this one theme. I hope you guys like it. Thanks to all the theme-ers who I've used their stuff. Credit goes to all of you for doing such an awesome job!

I hope all the icons change as well, I tried really hard to locate the root of the icons especially now with the 1.3.5 update. Haha. But thanks again. I hope you like the theme.

Let me know what else you'd like to see different. And the previews aren't updating to the way the theme is supposed to look like so just install and see what it really looks like for yourself. Thanks!

PS. I need to figure out why my Prewar Icon isn't applying & a new email scrim! If you any ideas/suggestions/icons let me know. I will try as hard as I can to change it. =) Als if anyone has a better scrim the the email app or the launcher, post it and I will see if it fits well with my theme!! =) Thanks!!
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 01/02/2010 at 01:50 PM.
  2. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Love the theme, it finally displaced my current theme. My only criticism is the calendar icons don't really match the rest, are you planning on updating them? Otherwise, great job!

Also, the file names you have for the scrim images needs a hyphen, i.e. messaging-scrim.png

Tom
    Last edited by rpr; 12/17/2009 at 12:29 PM.
    My boot logo! Nice work!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Love the theme, it finally displaced my current theme. My only criticism is the calendar icons don't really match the rest, are you planning on updating them? Otherwise, great job!

Also, the file names you have for the scrim images needs a hyphen, i.e. messaging-scrim.png

Tom
    Thanks I really appreciate it. I worked hard on this theme and it's not complete either. The calendar doesn't match, I know. =( But idk what I should change it to. I didn't know if I should make it just one icon like the droid theme that doesn't display a date or if I should have the date. Idk. I'm not very good at theming. Haha. =/ But thanks a lot. It means a lot. Idk why it doesn't show up in preware under themes. But it's in available other. Haha

And the images, I did upload them to the website with the hyphen but it took them off. I think I will try another website to upload them. Haha.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateyourband View Post
    My boot logo! Nice work!
    Thanks, I'm glad you seen it. To be honest I don't remember where I found the boot logo or from who so now that you found me, I'm going to add your name to the credits. Thanks again, awesome boot logo. =)
  6.    #6  
    Here is the updated version. You can also find it in Prethemer & Preware. Although, in Preware it will be in the Available Other section > Unknown > Themes > A Mixture of Themes. You will have to manually restart Luna with that. But nonetheless its done. I hope you guys like it. =) I also managed to change the Facebook app from Palm. Its the only one that gets the special icon with the red because it took me FOREVER to try to find it but I did it so I figured it would be the only icon to have the special color to it. I can't seem to get Preware to change so idk. But I hope you enjoy. Thanks!

***EDIT: It now in the Themes section of Preware. It was fixed. =)***
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 01/02/2010 at 08:11 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Hey everyone, I'm back with this theme. I think its pretty much done. I've edited many images from the UI. But anyways, I've added the following patch:
    Multi-Scrim Patch.

I've also already have the images installed into the wallpaper's folder so make sure you don't have patches installed that involve changing scrims.

I've used different themes to make this one theme. I hope you guys like it. Thanks to all the theme-ers who I've used their stuff. Credit goes to all of you for doing such an awesome job!

I hope all the icons change as well, I tried really hard to locate the root of the icons especially now with the 1.3.5 update. Haha. But thanks again. I hope you like the theme.

Let me know what else you'd like to see different. And the previews aren't updating to the way the theme is supposed to look like so just install and see what it really looks like for yourself. Thanks!

PS. I need to figure out why my Prewar Icon isn't applying & a new email scrim! If you any ideas/suggestions/icons let me know. I will try as hard as I can to change it. =) Als if anyone has a better scrim the the email app or the launcher, post it and I will see if it fits well with my theme!! =) Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    hi i been trying to apply the theme and its starts then error messages start popping up saying something about refused connect any idea why???
  9.    #9  
    If you're doing it from WebOS Quick Installer, it might be that you don't have Developer's Mode enabled. Try typing in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then click the icon. If it says on, then exit out of it & restart your phone. Also restart your computer. Then once it's all powered up & whatnot, connect your phone to Just Charge. Open WOSQI and try it again.

If you're doing it from Preware, I'm not sure what it could be. Make sure you have no themes installed. If it still doesn't work, uninstall all patches, and run WebOS Repair Utility WITH THE CURRENT WEBOS DOCTOR!!

If you don't feel like doing any of that, simply run WebOS Doctor. BACK UP ALL YOUR STUFF FIRST. Even the stuff that's in the usb part. (Just to be safe) Then connect your phone to Just Charge & run webos doctor 1.3.5, after it's complete you will have a clean fresh palm pre. Then you have to run through the setup stuff. Restart. Enable dev mode the same as I said earlier. Restart. Connect using Just Charge method and follow instructions at the very beginning. Haha. I know. A LOT!! Haha. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    thanks for the response prince but this is wat the error says as soon as i press apply theme

"error5 commandut file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml

reply:file open failed"
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    o and like in the middle of it it start popping up

"error 5"
    and an "error 19" pop up
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jquezboxing View Post
    thanks for the response prince but this is wat the error says as soon as i press apply theme

"error5 commandut file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install/theme.xml

reply:file open failed"
    Quote Originally Posted by jquezboxing View Post
    o and like in the middle of it it start popping up

"error 5"
    and an "error 19" pop up
    Okay, you need to run WebOS Repair Utility. On one of the menus at the top (Sorry, I'm not at a computer), I think the 2nd one, there's an option that says Compatibility Override or something like that, use that. And then scan it. WARNING: 1. MAKE SURE YOU LOAD THE CORRECT WEBOS DOCTOR AS YOUR PHONE (Ex. Phone on 1.3.5 load WebOS Doctor 1.3.5) 2. MAKE SURE ALL THE PATCHES HAVE BEEN UNINSTALLED & ANY THEME HAS BEEN UNINSTALLED PRIOR TO RUNNING WEBOS REPAIR UTILITY. THEN WHEN IT FINDS ANY MODIFIED FILE, IT WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO GET REPLACED, I RECOMMEND PUSHING "SAY YES TO ALL" OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE. AFTER IT'S DONE IT WILL RESTART YOUR PRE AND IT WILL BE FINISHED. TRY TO INSTALL THE THEME & ALL THE PATCHES AGAIN. =)

I hope this helps.
    I don't know if it's just me but the way the Messaging, Email, and Contacts comes out a little odd(certain spots are practically illegible). I've attached screenshots.

I should mention I've never used any of the Scrim patches before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but the way the Messaging, Email, and Contacts comes out a little odd(certain spots are practically illegible). I've attached screenshots.

I should mention I've never used any of the Scrim patches before.
    Umm... The contact should have a scrim on it as well. It's not the right one, but it should have one. But I'm going to just replace those scrims with solid colors. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Umm... The contact should have a scrim on it as well. It's not the right one, but it should have one. But I'm going to just replace those scrims with solid colors. Thanks.
    If there's anything you want me to check in regards to missing images or missing code, let me know. I will gladly verify what part of the install might have screwed up.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    If there's anything you want me to check in regards to missing images or missing code, let me know. I will gladly verify what part of the install might have screwed up.
    Umm... I'm not sure. But I changed the scrim images. So you should see the font great. Haha. So try installing the theme over again. It should be better now. I wanted some cool scrims images but I guess they don't work. Haha. But let me know if it's good.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I don't know whether it was an error in my installation or not because you didn't post a screenshot of the messaging screen, but my message boxes alternate light blue and red and it doesn't look too good. Probably my fault cuz I got a LOT of those "error 5s".

Otherwise I like it lot!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by damarble View Post
    I don't know whether it was an error in my installation or not because you didn't post a screenshot of the messaging screen, but my message boxes alternate light blue and red and it doesn't look too good. Probably my fault cuz I got a LOT of those "error 5s".

Otherwise I like it lot!
    Well with update 4.0.0 it should have white chat bubbles. Uninstall and try installing it again. Try it again from Preware, & make sure it's the Prethemer theme. The PreCentral, I don't think, is the same. It won't install the same way I don't think. Try that and then let me know. =)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I doctored the phone and everything works like it should. Your boot screen is probably my favorite.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by damarble View Post
    I doctored the phone and everything works like it should. Your boot screen is probably my favorite.
    OMG! Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Thanks soo much! =) haha.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast