Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok, I try installing this thing, and it tells me I need to download and install something called "Preware".

I try downloading and installing "Preware" (which ALSO fails), so I research that and it tells me to download and install something callied "Filecoaster"!

After hunting that down (through a browser that makes scanning through a superbowl crowd while looking through a straw easy) ..I get the error: "Unauthorised call to open an ipk." when attempting to run Fillecoaster!! Is it me, or is this just nuts?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by cLOWNgOD View Post
    Ok, I try installing this thing, and it tells me I need to download and install something called "Preware".

I try downloading and installing "Preware" (which ALSO fails), so I research that and it tells me to download and install something callied "Filecoaster"!

After hunting that down (through a browser that makes scanning through a superbowl crowd while looking through a straw easy) ..I get the error: "Unauthorised call to open an ipk." when attempting to run Fillecoaster!! Is it me, or is this just nuts?!?!?
    I'm kinda in the same boat, Preware hasn't released the newest version yet.
    "The installers have been removed until they can be updated to work with webOS 1.3.5"
  3. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Use WebOS Quick Install to get Preware on the phone, or just use WOSQI to install the theme directly.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Use WebOS Quick Install to get Preware on the phone, or just use WOSQI to install the theme directly.
    still heavily researching this but not understadning. where's the webOS quick install Looking for that now) and not sure WOSQI is, will google the hell outta that in a minute. don't mean to be a noob, but the pre is the first palm device I've ever used.
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  6.    #26  
    Okay, I just updated the PreThemer version to 4.3.3, a few changes. I hope you guys like. Please support my theme by telling all your friends. =) Thanks!!!
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Love this theme, best theme i've seen by far !!! keep up the good work. Thanks!!!
    how can i rever back to the default theme? It seems that with each theme, the developer left something out from one theme to the next.
    For instance, I installed them in this order:
    Red theme
    Joker theme
    Mario theme
    Cowboy Bebop theme
    All Blue theme

-The youtube icon was still the toadstool icon from the Mario theme.
    -A few of the other icons were still the icons from the Cowboy Bebop Theme.
    -There was still a red shadow under the cards and the inlay of the voicemail and call history list from when I had the Red Theme.
    -The separator bars in the SMS/Conversation lists were still red as well.
    -The end call button was still the "Why So Serious" from the Joker theme.

I got my PrPrPr&#$275$; $replaced$ $and$ $am$ $weary$ $of$ $installing$ $new$ $themes$ $till$ $I$ $can$ $figure$ $this$ $out$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $the$ $UI$ $to$ $look$ $like$ $crap$.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    how can i rever back to the default theme? It seems that with each theme, the developer left something out from one theme to the next.
    Red theme
    Joker theme
    Mario theme
    Cowboy Bebop theme
    All Blue theme

-There was still a red shadow under the cards and the inlay of the voicemail and call history list from when I had the Red Theme.

I got my PrPrPr&#$275$; $replaced$ $and$ $am$ $weary$ $of$ $installing$ $new$ $themes$ $till$ $I$ $can$ $figure$ $this$ $out$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $want$ $the$ $UI$ $to$ $look$ $like$ $crap$.
    Before you install another theme you're suppose to remove the one you have installed. Also never have a theme installed when you do an over the air update. Right now theming on the Pre is kind of a hack so you have to tred carefully or you get problems like you're having now. I don't know if any of those themes add any patches like this one, but the best idea is to WebOS Doctor your device to start the OS from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    Red theme
    Joker theme
    Mario theme
    Cowboy Bebop theme
    All Blue theme

You should be removing your themes before installing new ones unless you intentionally wanted to layer them. At this point, removing a theme probably won't accomplish anything since it will think your previous theme state is the "default".

You could use the WebOS Doctor to completely wipe your device and start from a blank slate. A more convenient option would be to use the WebOS Repair Utility. It's more convenient because it goes package by package and only replaces those which you've modified, so it doesn't wipe any of your personal settings. You just have to make sure the Override capability is checked in the repair utilities options.
    I love this theme (A mixture of Themes: Red & Black) very much but I couldn't download it to my pre. Everytime I try, it says:
    "Invalid theme zip; them.xml file missing" I couldn't save it in .ipk file format either. Please somebody help me please!

Thanks

bau n
    is there a 1.4 update for this theme? had it for months and love it, i dont even want to put a theme on my phone if it isnt this one. Please post any possible updates for 1.4.
  13.    #33  
    I'm working on it!!! =) I decided to change the icons on it. So I'm working on it. One by one. Haha. =) I hope you guys like this one. Thanks!!!
    Love the theme! The only thing I ask is that you remove the scrim on the tasks app, this scrim is making the text illegible. Here is a screencap:

tasks_2010-15-03_125846.png
    Great theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I'm working on it!!! =) I decided to change the icons on it. So I'm working on it. One by one. Haha. =) I hope you guys like this one. Thanks!!!

do you have an estimated date as to when that 1.4 release will be? the sooner the more inclined i think we'll all be to donate
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by oap303 View Post
    do you have an estimated date as to when that 1.4 release will be? the sooner the more inclined i think we'll all be to donate
    Sorry to say, I don't think I will be finishing the theme. I'm really sorry you guys. Things have come up in my personal life and I just don't have time anymore. If by chance I do get more time and I still have all my files, I will work on it. But as for now, it's kinda a undetermined time. Sorry again!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12