1.    #1  
    I have installed the Merry Christmas theme, but now I cannot uninstall it. I installed it through Preware, but Preware doesn't recognize that I have a theme installed. I cannot install any other themes because I receive an error stating I already have a theme installed. I even tried uninstalling it through the desktop Webos installer. It stated that it was removed, shows I am now back at the palm default, but I am not.

I am getting concerned because if Webos comes up with an update, I am unable to get this theme off my pre.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I have installed the Merry Christmas theme, but now I cannot uninstall it. I installed it through Preware, but Preware doesn't recognize that I have a theme installed. I cannot install any other themes because I receive an error stating I already have a theme installed. I even tried uninstalling it through the desktop Webos installer. It stated that it was removed, shows I am now back at the palm default, but I am not.

I am getting concerned because if Webos comes up with an update, I am unable to get this theme off my pre.

Any ideas?
    Have you tried running WebOSRepairUtility with override compatibility checked? I would uninstall all your patches if there are any first and then run the program.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    Last edited by bpdamas; 12/03/2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: link
  3.    #3  
    I have ran the repair utility and still the theme exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I have ran the repair utility and still the theme exists.
    Well it sounds like you need a trip to the doctor. That should get rid of your theme.
    look for default theme and try to install it just for giggles and grins it may work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i have the christmas theme too and i have the same problem!! its not showing up in all the pages jst some of the icons
  7.    #7  
    What I finally did was after running the repair utility, I was then able to install a different theme. It didn't come over correctly, but preware recognized there was a theme. I uninstalled it and re-installed the Merry Xmas theme. It installed correctly and was then listed as installed in preware. I un-installed it and it removed all the icons, wallpaper, etc and my pre is back to normal.