Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, I am looking in to being a theme designer, but do not know where to start. I have extensive Imaging and computer skills, and I would like to apply them to my Pre.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Adam
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I suggestion you start out the same way I did. Download some elses theme; you can learn and practice by replacing there images. Review the txt. That help me learn pretty quickly.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    create an acct over at prethemer.com when building a theme there it gives you a list/access to nearly every file you may want to change on a theme.
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  4.    #4  
    Thats all there is too it? Do I need to package these files in some certain way?
    If you download a theme that already has changed most of the icons/screens, all you need to do is replace them with your own variations. Make sure to be true to the sizes that are in the existing theme.

If you unzip them to make your changes, just make sure to zip them again as most uploaders will look for the zip file.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

6.    #6  
    from Prethemer?
  7.    #7  
    And how do I test these themes? The emulator?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerpathic View Post
    And how do I test these themes? The emulator?
    You can test them on your device.
    After u are complete with the files .zip them and install with quickinstall.

You download themes from prethemer.com and precentral.net in .zip format
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Testing via the emulator and installing with WebOs Quickinstall is the best way. That way, you do not inadvertately goof up your images on your Pre before your theme is useable.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

I downloaded a zipped theme, unzipped it, changed all the things I wanted to change (kept the names all the same), then used winrar to zip it, and quick install can not see the zip. I made a theme thru the web themer, but not all the items I want in my theme is not in web themer.

What did I do wrong? Why wont quick install see my zipped theme I made with winrar?
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    I downloaded a zipped theme, unzipped it, changed all the things I wanted to change (kept the names all the same), then used winrar to zip it, and quick install can not see the zip. I made a theme thru the web themer, but not all the items I want in my theme is not in web themer.

What did I do wrong? Why wont quick install see my zipped theme I made with winrar?
    1. Not sure what u did wrong but Quick Install reads zip files.
    2. Prethemer has nearly all the files. You need to click on last button i forget what is called.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    1. Not sure what u did wrong but Quick Install reads zip files.
    2. Prethemer has nearly all the files. You need to click on last button i forget what is called.
    I think it ended up being the XML file. I changed the xml file in wordpad to my theme and I just uploaded it to PreThemer, and I hope it works now.
    Here is a link to my theme... it needs some work, the "lock button" and the "launcher button" was supposed to be something else. The "my videos" background is all messed up for some reason. arrgh

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    not bad don't forget to give onedeep some credit....
    My Themes - Prethemer
  15.    #15  
    Can't wait to show off my theme!

Does PreThemer require me to upload the wallpaper, and other items separately? Or can I just upload the entire zip?
  16.    #16  
    And if I wanted to avoid any stealing, how can I encrypt my theme so that it applies, but can't be edited?

If at all possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    not bad don't forget to give onedeep some credit....
    I actually got the icons from Mlbiv4ths Mlbilv4ths's Profile @ PreThemer

I got the backgrounds from google.

I now see which one you were talking about from "onedeep".
    Last edited by Luin; 12/05/2009 at 08:03 PM.
    Can't wait to show off my theme!

Does PreThemer require me to upload the wallpaper, and other items separately? Or can I just upload the entire zip?
    You can do either, but if you have the zip done, just upload the zip.

I could be wrong, but I dont think there is a way to "protect" your files.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    You can do either, but if you have the zip done, just upload the zip.

I could be wrong, but I dont think there is a way to "protect" your files.
    I dont see an option to just upload the zip. Thanks though!
    I dont see an option to just upload the zip. Thanks though!
    Make sure the checkbox is checked (see below)

You will then see where to upload the zip (see below)

There ya go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast