1.    #1  
    Dows theming slow down the pre? or does it function exactly the same?
    I haven't noticed a slow down with any of the themes I've used, but I am only one person...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  3.    #3  
    Im only asking because theming on the iphone (jailbroken) would slow it down....
    In theory yes. If you choose a theme which replaces 2 mb's of images with 10 mb's of images (more detail, colors etc..) it will take longer to process and load the backgrounds.

- So it would depend on the theme... I haven't noticed a difference with any themes I've created or used.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I agree 110%...

I wiped my system with no patches just to remove the theme and clean things up for Sprint service and things are much faster and more responsive.

It got so much better it has forced me to look at everyone Themes and Background images before installing.

Wonder how well Prethemes is optimizing there stuff before distribution?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I'm using one of the Tux dark themes (don't remember which off the top of my head) and it actually felt a little faster than the stock theme, probably because it has few colours.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I'm using one of the Tux dark themes (don't remember which off the top of my head) and it actually felt a little faster than the stock theme, probably because it has few colours.
    Yes...that makes since and PNG is not the most efficient file format when it comes to file size or otherwise, but then what else can you use that provides transparency and img quality.

Don't expect them to bring GIF to the table anytime soon since it is already limited with 256 colors, so finding more efficient images is certainly the key
    Last edited by sorli; 12/01/2009 at 04:23 PM.