Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've had a theme installed on my phone since they first became available via Quickinstall. When I would compare my phone to others who also had a Pre, but no theme installed, however, theirs seemed to be noticeably faster than mine would be. After removing the theme for the 1.3.1 update, I noticed that the phone was much more responsive, even before I did the update.

Does anyone else have this problem with themes? Is it the possibly the extra energy the phone uses in rendering the replaced graphics that's causing this? Or is it something else entirely and it's just coincidence?

I love my theme, but I'm not willing to sacrifice speed and responsiveness for it.
    Last edited by Mjb1313; 11/18/2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Hi, i'm wondering the same thing. I just bought my pre, then the same day 1.3.1 came out, then i starting customizing the following day. So, i didn't have much use with it before i themed it. So, its hard for me to tell if its slower with the theme (Light Blue).

I took off the theme and it seems a little quicker, but then again i still have 30 or so patches still installed. I wonder if those affect system speed...

I feel the same way, love the theme, but i Love speed more. Especially just coming off of a heavily used Centro. yikes!