Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    after installing 1.3.1 i lost my theme im trying to load it back on useing the webos installer themer . im back to the default theme however the webos installer is still showing the blue theme . everytime i try to load the theme it just sits there saying please be patient this may take a few miniutes so i let it sit for 1 hour with no change what is going on any help would be great
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ductmate View Post
    after installing 1.3.1 i lost my theme im trying to load it back on useing the webos installer themer . im back to the default theme however the webos installer is still showing the blue theme . everytime i try to load the theme it just sits there saying please be patient this may take a few miniutes so i let it sit for 1 hour with no change what is going on any help would be great
    Try "Revert to Default" as see if it still shows the blue theme as applied. Do yas have a download link for the blue theme?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    revert to default is the same thing just sits there .and as far as a link i downloaded it from pre central and followed the instructions my pre was working like a swiss time piece before the update
  4.    #4  
    still shows the blue theme as bieng installed after revert to default i have tried to uninstall webos installer and reinstalling with no change
  5. #5  
    I'm also getting the "Please wait....This will take a few minutes to complete" message that hangs there when I'm trying to Revert to Default until I ultimately have to ctrl+alt+del to shut down wosqi. When I reboot my phone it appears to be reverted to the default but when I open wosqi again and go into themer it still shows the theme I was trying to remove as my current theme (the Family Guy theme v1.1.4). In addition, my launcher is completely blank (SCARY!)...I don't have access to any apps except my quick launch icons. I'm afraid of having to use webdoctor because I have photos I haven't backed up but I may be stuck here.

    I'm using wosqi for the first time today and I've gone through countless reboots as well.

    I'm on webos 1.3.1

    UPDATE: I tried to apply a tweak and I got this message:
    Last edited by dvsbyknight; 11/17/2009 at 07:26 PM.
  6.    #6  
    i went so far as to use the webosdoc to restore my pre back to 1.2.1 and start all over however it happind again .same here with the having to controll alt delete to shut down the webos install .i have uninstalled webosinstaller and reinstalled it with no effect my only problem is i cannot load any themes i have tried useing preware and just get an error message and webosinstaller just hanges up so i am also stuck here
    someone please help it is almost like 1.3.1 is not compatable with webosinstaller or useing preware to install themes
  7.    #7  
    i was one of those people who had no idea that i was soposto remove all the patches on the pre before updating i went to work and noticed it said update ready to install and i thaught cool so i just let it do its thing now im stuct with stock themes
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ductmate View Post
    i went so far as to use the webosdoc to restore my pre back to 1.2.1 and start all over however it happind again .same here with the having to controll alt delete to shut down the webos install .i have uninstalled webosinstaller and reinstalled it with no effect my only problem is i cannot load any themes i have tried useing preware and just get an error message and webosinstaller just hanges up so i am also stuck here
    someone please help it is almost like 1.3.1 is not compatable with webosinstaller or useing preware to install themes
    Preware is working fine here to install themes.

    http://install.preware.org

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #9  
    hurray its working again i used the reset mode in the phone and did a full erase and then followed this ttp://install.preware.org thred i did the step by step and all is back to normal i got my themes back!!! i guss the webos quick installer just will not work for loading themes with 1.3.1 but preware will
  10. #10  
    if someone would help im having the same problem. installer says i have longhorn theme but i dont i tried to revert but just hangs up at please stand by. im very new to all this and dont know what to do i really want one of these themes. i tried preware but it wont down load because it shows that i already have a theme. i would use dr. but dont know what it will do. Please Help
  11. rmackay's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by raildog7382 View Post
    if someone would help im having the same problem. installer says i have longhorn theme but i dont i tried to revert but just hangs up at please stand by. im very new to all this and dont know what to do i really want one of these themes. i tried preware but it wont down load because it shows that i already have a theme. i would use dr. but dont know what it will do. Please Help
    If Preware says you have a theme, on Preware, goto the Installed section, find the theme, and choose uninstall.

    Then, go to WOSQI. If it still shows you have Longhorns, then select Revert to Default. If it takes beyond 20 mins, kill it, and do it again. This has worked for me. Usually takes about 2-6 tries. Even if you get a message that says successfully removed - if you had any errors during that removal session, close WOSQI and then restart it and see if it still reports the theme. If so, go through the process again until it works without getting any errors.

    Preware and WOSQI are aware that there is an issue with super-detailed themes. 'Hopefully they will create a solution soon!
  12. #12  
    Thank you. ill give it a shot
  13. #13  
    I'm just glad to see I'm not the only person having this issue. I just got Quick Install working this week on my new laptop (thanks to finding out my usb cord had a short in it, plus my aunt's computer is a p.o.s.) and it's refreshing to know that just because I'm not technically proficient I'm not a complete dunderhead about this lol
  14. #14  
    Having the same problem. Does certain patch installation (like those two script based patches for tweaks) have any effect on theme installation?
  15. P6
    P6 is offline
    P6's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    #15  
    What to do if absolutely nothing happens when I hit the "Load Theme" button on WOSQI Themer? It worked before 1.3.1 upgrade. I have phone in Developer mode and have downloaded theme in the hopper.
  16. #16  
    I'm having the exact same problem, glad to know its not just me. After 1.3, my phone wouldn't reboot or even shut down (unless I removed the battery). I web doctored, and have had trouble getting the Quick install to work after I rebooted and installed 1.3 again. I'm gonna see if I can add my theme back with Preware. Thanks for the advice, will keep you posted.
  17. #17  
    I've gone to Preware, and recieved an error message when I attmept to install the themes. Says something about an error in the script.

Posting Permissions