Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if anybody else has had issues with themes causing problems with their phone after the 1.3.1 update. I had preconception loaded on my phone and today I couldn't do anything. By that I mean I couldn't connect a phone call, send text messages, or browse the web (with the browser or apps that use a web connection). I tried turning on roaming to see if it was a network problem and I got the same message when trying to place a call. "network busy". Again, I was roaming at this point. I removed the theme and all is working now. I do have patches on my phone, but no more than I did before the update, and I only installed those that were on the confirmed to work list. Has anybody else had the same problem?

edit: also having battery life problems after the update. Might not be related to the theme questio, just wanted to throw that in there. Also, i've never had a problem with my palm brand car charger keeping my phone at %100 while using the phone. It's been plugged in for an hour or so and has gone from 99% to 85%.
    Last edited by iamlilysdad; 11/16/2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: more issues
    I dont know about your specific issues or if it's due to the theme, I do know that NOBODY is talking about the theme issue. I have been reading everywhere and questions about the theme issues are simply overlooked and not answered. Theme's are not working correctly in WEBOS QI, Preware, or at Prethemer as I have read several posts stating issues asking for help with no responses.
    I have massive issues getting my phone to react to touches since the upgrade. I havent tried installing a theme due to all the issues, but im having touch response issues without the theme.

If there is someone out there who knows something about what's goin on with themes, let us know. I think nobody knows whats going on and that's why there are no answers. As for the touch response issues, keep your eyes out for 1.3.2 to fix the issues that the upgrade has created.
    I have noticed a small problem on my pre with themes. Themes that have a different phone background resort to original green when phone call comes in/out for phone call that have photos assigned for the contacts.
    in preware it starts to freeze whenever i go to the themes menu
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonclaude View Post
    Try going through "list of everything" instead.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    This is not true of all themes that have photo backgrounds. The Texas-Longhorns theme works perfectly with 1.3.1, contacts with or without photos. It all depends on what images the themer had themed. If a scant few to just get a background, then those will likely exhibit the problem you are describing.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonclaude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Try going through "list of everything" instead.
    Or update to the new package service that was released early this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I have noticed a small problem on my pre with themes. Themes that have a different phone background resort to original green when phone call comes in/out for phone call that have photos assigned for the contacts.
    Since it isn't talked about much, I wonder if this is only happening with a few phones... I have the same problem though, no matter what theme I install. I want to use webos doctor, but it is still at 1.2.1 .. As far as I know.
    I have the same problem with the them menu. it does not work either way. i already uninstalled and installed preware like 3 times hoping that was the problem but still freezes while trying to access any themes....

any other suggestions on what to do?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Since it isn't talked about much, I wonder if this is only happening with a few phones... I have the same problem though, no matter what theme I install. I want to use webos doctor, but it is still at 1.2.1 .. As far as I know.
    You can still use it, the phone will just find 1.3.1 as soon after you sign into your profile.

I installed 'Texture Black' via WebOS uick Install and it works perfectly fine.
    Family Guy theme no longer works.
    I had the battery charging issue as stated above, and it was caused by my boot screen. I had a custom theme and also had a custom boot screen. After I un-installed the theme and boot screen, it went back to normal. I have since then re-installed themes and ive had no problems.
    Web OS Quick Install won't work with themes now. (Won't install new ones, won't reset to the default theme.) The message "This will take a few seconds to complete, so be patient" just sits there forever until I kill the javaw.exe process.
    I have the touch pre theme. Had some touch screen issues also. Deleted that new face book app and I have no problems. Even switched my theme to the hero, and no problems. So I won't blame it on theme, check that face book app.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    This is not true of all themes that have photo backgrounds. The Texas-Longhorns theme works perfectly with 1.3.1, contacts with or without photos. It all depends on what images the themer had themed. If a scant few to just get a background, then those will likely exhibit the problem you are describing.
    I've updated the OS and had done the Package Installer and Preware updates before that. Even so, I am getting the phone screen issue that was mentioned earlier (green outline and bottom row of buttons for callers w/photo id). Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few themes, including the Dallas Cowboys theme from McKay and still get the same result. Ideas?

As for the freezing in Preware, I have been able to access the Precentral feed but not the PreThemer feed. Period. Tried numerous times in different coverage areas, reboots, etc. Worked before the OS update. Ideas there?

That said, there's some great stuff in this OS update. Keep it up guys!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    I have the touch pre theme. Had some touch screen issues also. Deleted that new face book app and I have no problems. Even switched my theme to the hero, and no problems. So I won't blame it on theme, check that face book app.
    my problems started when I installed the facebook app. I'm not trying to blame homebrew or nething like that (trust me the work you guys do is awesome) I just didn't think that an app developed by palm (that is also basic in function) could cause all of these issues. I don't know what's changed (except the tower i'm on) but everything has been fine since last night. I'm gonna stay away from themes for now, but I might try a few patches (appearance only) and see what happens.
  17.    #17  
    I haven't changed anything and i'm in a different area today so diff sprint tower. It's doing the same thing. Would a trip to the doctor solve it or does it sound more like a hardware problem? I guess either way I need to doctor it if i'm gonna have sprint look at it, right?
    Im having a problem as well. On installed themes that change the lock screen, none of the images that its supposed to change to show up. Its just the darkened version of whatever the background is. Ive tried multiple themes and all of them do the same thing.
    ....nm on my Facebook issue. There are new files that need to be changed in 1.3.1 to make the dialer look right. Working on my themes now.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/17/2009 at 03:45 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Web OS Quick Install won't work with themes now. (Won't install new ones, won't reset to the default theme.) The message "This will take a few seconds to complete, so be patient" just sits there forever until I kill the javaw.exe process.
    Simply not true. I can remove and install my themes at will using Quick install. It has yet to leave anything behind. The only known issues are that there are new theme files from 1.3.1 that will show up regardless of the theme you install or remove. The problem is being addressed but right now there isn't a simple solution for public themes. Hopefully this will be resolved soon as it was when the 1.2 updates came out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast