Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I too can't install a new theme after the update.
    I downloaded the update and the facebook app back to back and after I attempted to install a theme (Blue theme) the message, "This will take a few seconds to complete, so be patient" just stays on the screen with nothing happening. I have to exit webosquickinstall through the task manager. I then deleted the facebook app after reading previous posts in this thread and I still have the same issues. Anyone have any ideas...
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWMN View Post
    I too can't install a new theme after the update.
    Have you tried installing the theme using Preware? There are hundreds to choose from, and they work in webOS 1.3.1 ...

http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Web OS Quick Install won't work with themes now. (Won't install new ones, won't reset to the default theme.) The message "This will take a few seconds to complete, so be patient" just sits there forever until I kill the javaw.exe process.
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Have you tried installing the theme using Preware? There are hundreds to choose from, and they work in webOS 1.3.1 ...

-- Rod
    i have and i get an error message every time cannot install theme

POSTINST THERE IS ALREADY A THEME INSTALLED.REMOVE ANY INSTALLED THEMES BEFORE CONTINUING REMOVING PACKAGE COM PRETHEMER.THEMES.4651BA776E FROM ROOT...

error installing:seeIPKG LOG
    mkdir:cannot creat directory'/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install'file exists cat: cant open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt':no such file or directory sh:1: unknown operand

I HAVE NO THEMES ON THIS PRE TO REMOVE WHY IS IT SHOWING I DO?
    Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr
    Web OS Quick Install won't work with themes now. (Won't install new ones, won't reset to the default theme.) The message "This will take a few seconds to complete, so be patient" just sits there forever until I kill the javaw.exe process.

I also have this issue aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by ductmate View Post
    i have and i get an error message every time cannot install theme

POSTINST THERE IS ALREADY A THEME INSTALLED.REMOVE ANY INSTALLED THEMES BEFORE CONTINUING REMOVING PACKAGE COM PRETHEMER.THEMES.4651BA776E FROM ROOT...

error installing:seeIPKG LOG
    mkdir:cannot creat directory'/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install'file exists cat: cant open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt':no such file or directory sh:1: unknown operand

I HAVE NO THEMES ON THIS PRE TO REMOVE WHY IS IT SHOWING I DO?
    "mkdir:cannot creat directory'/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install'file exists"

There is something seriously wrong with your filesystem. You have a file where a directory should be.

You will need to go into the command line to fix things (you'd better go to the #webos-internals IRC channel to get help for that), or use the webOS Doctor.

Did you install anything previously in a manual way, or by using another tool other than Preware?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ductmate View Post
    Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr

I also have this issue aswell
    Then use Preware to install the themes instead - it works.

-- Rod
    Quick update on my case... I used Webos doctor and then reinstalled 1.3.1 ota, and then Preware... Every theme I've used on 1.3.1 has the same problem with the in call status.. I'm assuming that this is because of the new image files... But some themes have updated since nov.14/15 and the call status screen is still the same...
    Have not tried uninstalling the Facebook app... I might do that when I get home this evening.
    Then use Preware to install the themes instead - it works.

-- Rod
    I'll try that when I get some spare time, tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks.
    I have 1.3.1 instlled in my pre-could this be the reason that I am getting an error message when trying to install a theme. I tried the Blue theme as well as the Mac theme and I get an error message. That actually background pictures shows up on my pre but about 20 seconds later and error message shown up on my compuyer and the rest of the theme is not loaded to my pre. PLEASE HELP!
    i was having the same issues with my pre and i think its fixed here is what i did i went to the device info on my pre and to reset options and full erase . i had faith that palm backup would work and it did. i did loose some things but they can be replaced easy
    after the pre was back on and all fresh again i followed this step by step http://install.preware.org and used preware to load the theme that i was having so much trouble with useing webosquick install now my pre is back everything works slick again if it wasent for this website my pre was going back to the store for a trade in thanks to all here at precentral
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    Quick update on my case... I used Webos doctor and then reinstalled 1.3.1 ota, and then Preware... Every theme I've used on 1.3.1 has the same problem with the in call status.. I'm assuming that this is because of the new image files... But some themes have updated since nov.14/15 and the call status screen is still the same...
    Have not tried uninstalling the Facebook app... I might do that when I get home this evening.
    Removed Facebook, no effect... Call status is always default for the most part except for the top and bottom of the screen, which is usually colored in with the color of theme theme.
    "mkdir:cannot creat directory'/var/usr/lib/webos-quick-install'file exists"

There is something seriously wrong with your filesystem. You have a file where a directory should be.

You will need to go into the command line to fix things (you'd better go to the #webos-internals IRC channel to get help for that), or use the webOS Doctor.

Did you install anything previously in a manual way, or by using another tool other than Preware?

-- Rod
    Looks like I have the same problem. I did install a theme with Web OS Quick Install, then updated to 1.3.1 before removing the theme. This must be the source of my problem. I know Linux, so it was easy to fix. After cleaning up I used Preware to install the theme and everything was perfect. Thanks!
    Last edited by DS_Palm_Lvr; 11/19/2009 at 10:27 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12