Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Prior to 1.3.1 I had changed my carrier banner with PmModemFactory. As of the update this binary no longer works. Is there another method to change the carrier banner?
    If you mean custom carrier string in the top bar, well, you can do that via a patch. Attached is the template carrier string patch included in my WebOS Theme Builder. Just open it in any text editior and alter the 2 indicated lines.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you mean custom carrier string in the top bar, well, you can do that via a patch. Attached is the template carrier string patch included in my WebOS Theme Builder. Just open it in any text editior and alter the 2 indicated lines.
    so i put what i want it to say here
    /*Edit this line*/
    like this /*Joes Palm*/
    or do i leave out the *
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    so i put what i want it to say here
    /*Edit this line*/
    like this /*Joes Palm*/
    or do i leave out the *
    No man /*Edit this line*/ is a comment.

Quotations where it says "carrier text here" (on those same lines) thats what you change.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    how can I apply this patch? is it possible to do this with QuickInstall?
    Two questions: can I use an apostrophe and do I delete or keep the quotes around "this carrier string"?
    Nevermind, I figured it out. Yes, you can use an apostrophe and you do keep the quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Two questions: can I use an apostrophe and do I delete or keep the quotes around "this carrier string"?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PmModemFactory still works BTW
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by moris View Post
    PmModemFactory still works BTW
    When I use PmModemFactory I get:

Code:
    $MODEM MODEL=UNKNOWN
    $FIRMWARE=
    Edit: Yes I sudo and the command I issue is PmModemFactory -p <SPC>
    Apply patch? Quick Install send file?
    Jason made a quick tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterChen View Post
    Apply patch? Quick Install send file?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    it works fine, but I prefer to call this patch the cosmetic one. Try to launch phone app, then tap in left top corner (carrier name) and choose Preferences. Then scroll down to the Network section. You'll see that carrier name in Network section and carrier name in left top corner are different ones. Is it possible to make them identical without PmModemFactory?
    I got this patch to work for my fiance's phone that is still version 1.2.1. Will this not work for 1.3.1? I am getting an error when I send it through WOSQI for my Pre with 1.3.1

EDIT: When I have the Theme#2 applied, the patch wont work. I removed the theme, applied patch (it worked), and re-applied theme, everything is perfect.
    Last edited by FireFighterChen; 11/18/2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Figured it out
    If I download and install this it works fine if I don't open and edit it. But if I do edit it and change the "carrier text here" then I get these errors on install using webosquick2.9:

Hunk #1 failed at 478
    Hunk #2 failed at 824

Any thoughts on to why I am getting these errors?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    maybe, you have changed file extension - it should be .patch
    file extension is fine.
    cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by wraptor View Post
    If I download and install this it works fine if I don't open and edit it. But if I do edit it and change the "carrier text here" then I get these errors on install using webosquick2.9:

Hunk #1 failed at 478
    Hunk #2 failed at 824

Any thoughts on to why I am getting these errors?
    you'll get those errors if you have a custom carrier already, like what comes with various themes
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    you'll get those errors if you have a custom carrier already, like what comes with various themes
    Yeah I don't think so. I have no theme and 0 patches installed still no go. I did somehow get it to say "test" as I was testing different ways to edit the patch file (notepad,wordpad,etc) and now I can't get it off. The patch does not show up as being installed in quickinstall or preware it had before with stock patch. I can't overwrite it either. Guess I'll just start over and wipe the phone.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am having same error when trying to change carrier string. Same issues as wraptor. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast