Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ok I'm trying to change my carrier string to whatever I want but can I just use preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by lswishmeier View Post
    ok I'm trying to change my carrier string to whatever I want but can I just use preware?
    no you can't -- this requires a patch that you modify with the carrier string you want and then install using webos QI --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    so it worked once, then i realized silly me made a type. I used WOSQI and removed the patch - instead of going back to sprint, it says "carrier text here" - i fixed my typo, and can not reinstall the patch - it says it already exist.

Someone please tell me how to fix? Thank You!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Jason -- or anyone -- i have been using the attached patch since 1.4 to change the color of the carrier string and the clock / date -- since the 1.4.5 update it only changes the color of the clock and date but not the carrier string.
    i am not a programmer and have not the smarts or the time to figure this out -- is there anyone who can put this back in working order ..

thanks

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I'm straight up new on this stuff. I'm gonna list stuff I think might be important for you to help me.
    My PalmPre Plus from Verizon is not rooted.
    I have Windows XP computer, kinda old. I need to know if there is any programs to do this.
    **Can somebody give me a step by step video or .txt on how to edit, install, and do whatever. For "custom-carrier-string.patch" by Jason Robitaille**
    I have WebOS 1.4.5-1. File and Version of PalmPre Plus.
    I have Internalz and Preware installed on my phone. I have WOSQI 3.14.

I think that's about it. What I'm looking for is just how to ---change my Carrier String on my phone.--- That's all.
    so how can i modify a patch to make it the carrier string to what i want?
    That's what I'm wondering
    0. If you're on Windows, download Notepad++. If you're on Mac, idk. Google for a decent text edtior, preferably with highlighting, not required. If you're on Linux, you're fine.

1. Download the attachment from this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2611277

2. Open it in your text editor.

3. There are two lines to change. You know which ones they are because they have /*Edit this line*/ at the end of them. Change them to what you want to say. Keep the quotation marks, like so:

Code:
    this.carrierText = "carrier text here";  /*Edit this line*/
    changed for me to
    Code:
    this.carrierText = "lithiumflower";  /*Edit this line*/
    4. Save

5. Install with WOSQI or copy it to your Pre and install with Internalz.

6. Luna-restart.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    0. If you're on Windows, download Notepad++. If you're on Mac, idk. Google for a decent text edtior, preferably with highlighting, not required. If you're on Linux, you're fine.

1. Download the attachment from this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2611277

2. Open it in your text editor.

3. There are two lines to change. You know which ones they are because they have /*Edit this line*/ at the end of them. Change them to what you want to say. Keep the quotation marks, like so:

Code:
    this.carrierText = "carrier text here";  /*Edit this line*/
    changed for me to
    Code:
    this.carrierText = "lithiumflower";  /*Edit this line*/
    4. Save

5. Install with WOSQI or copy it to your Pre and install with Internalz.

6. Luna-restart.
    So, do I open it using Notepad and SAVE it with the changes in Notepad and then install the Notepad file using QI?
    Yeah, you have to save it with the changes before installing. If you just install it as is, your carrier string will be carrier text here.

If you are on your Pre, you can edit the patch with Internalz before installing.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have been trying to apply this patch for about 30 minutes. I have followed the directions and i didnt get any errrors. Im running 1.4.5. No matter what i do whenever it restarts luna it still has the ATT carrier string. Could someone help me, I cannot figure out what i am doing wrong.
    i need help with changing the carrier words in the top bar on my pixi. I have tried alot of things and just cant find out. Is there a way where i can use preware to do it or webos quick install? Please help me.
    it doesnt work on my computer
    Here's the patch for webOS 2.0.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

Jason -- i know there is talk about how many of the dev's are leaving for other os but as far as i am concerned as long as you, sconix and the boys at internals are still here then the community is head and shoulders above any other..

thanks

that being said DEVS NEED TO STAY PUT -- it is the community here that makes webos the **** really.
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    will this be able to edit "airplane mode" as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by keyots View Post
    will this be able to edit "airplane mode" as well?
    No, it edits the carrier string specifically. Would be counterproductive to hide other messages
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Great patch, adds just a bit more personalization to the pre.
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 02/20/2011 at 01:13 AM.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    How would this work with the Preware installer 1.5.0 that I used from this website:

get.preware.org

That's where Whitby directed me to get Preware installed on my Pre 2, but I don't see any way to select files to install like on the old Preware for my Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    How would this work with the Preware installer 1.5.0 that I used from this website:

get.preware.org

That's where Whitby directed me to get Preware installed on my Pre 2, but I don't see any way to select files to install like on the old Preware for my Pre Plus.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v4-03-a.html

you have to use webos quick install

or you can e-mail it and use internalz (from preware) to install the patch
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast