Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok why can't i get this to work. I have tried just putting the patch in like this with out editing and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Seems to only work the second time i add it. Mine usually always says sprint in the top.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    worked great, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's the updated patch for 1.4 from my yet-to-be-released theme builder update.
    Stumbled across this patch from your Master Patch List, I installed the patch from your first post. Finally stumbled across this post after downloading the one from the OP and realized the problem after 2 of 2 hunks failed, so I read further. Maybe this should have it's own thread for "[Patch] Change Carrier String" ?
    This patch didn't work for me. Using WOSQI, I verified that the edits in this patch were not applied. So, I copied the file onto my PC, edited the file to include the lines from the patch, and then copied it back to the Pre. Now I get the carrier string that I want.
    Any idea on why the patch wouldn't be applied? I didn't get any error message.

EDIT: I also noticed that the line numbers in the patch didn't match up with my Pre Plus version of this file.
    Last edited by AlanK; 03/31/2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Jason, do you plan to update this patch? It doesn't seem to work in 1.4.1.1.
    Here's an updated version of the custom carrier string patch for webOS 1.4.1/1.4.1.1
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    thank you Jason just switched and it is working perfect!!!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    that was quick! Thanks Jason, it's working great again
    I just installed this using WOSQI 3.02 and it worked fine, but now neither WOSQI nor PreWare can see any of my installed patches. They seem to be there and working, but can't be seen. I'm pretty sure this just happened after I installed this patch.

Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: Prior to this happening I had updated to 1.4.1.1 and reinstalled all my patches (except Named Pages) successfully. This one obviously has to be done manually. Now WOSQI can't see my patches or even my applications, with the exception of FileMgr Service and Internalz. I have restarted my phone. Next stop: WebOS Repair, then WebOS Doctor.

EDIT: Fixed! All hail Emergency Reconstruction! (WebOS Repair fixed a lot of stuff, but not this problem, thankfully I tried Emergency Reconstruction before WebOS Doctor)
    Last edited by monkeydog; 04/01/2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Fixed
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Thanks for all the hard work. Worked great.
    Jason could you please re-post the patch for 1.4? i am on verizon -- no 1.4.1 yet and i lost this patch

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    im having an error message when i try to install the patch... i did what was asked, what am i doig wrong?
    help!!!
    Maybe this can be added to the scrim patch so we can put anything there. I'll ask 2sslow about it.

EDITED:
    Nevermind this is not an image only text. If we could inject an image into the space would be awesome.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I just installed it now lets see what happens......

wikid.....my phone also says.....***** iPhone
    Anyway to change the color of the words on the top bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by ntown901 View Post
    Anyway to change the color of the words on the top bar?
    try this it will change the top color of the carrier string and the date /time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    hey jason can you update this custom carrier patch to work on 1.4.5 thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
    hey jason can you update this custom carrier patch to work on 1.4.5 thanks
    The 1.4.1.1 version works for me.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Here's an updated custom-carrier-string patch for v1.4.5
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast