Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    got same errors. No theme, a few normal patches.
    hunk 1 failed at 478, Hunk 2 at 824.

any thoughts?

thanks
    I changed mine and it worked for a while, but then it reverted back to:

"carrier text here"
    Last edited by oscarvictor; 11/19/2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Jason do you plan to update this for 1.4? I would love to use it again.
    Here's the updated patch for 1.4 from my yet-to-be-released theme builder update.

EDIT: File removed; outdated. Updated release later in this thread.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/01/2010 at 12:39 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you! it loaded just fine. Thanks for your quick response! yay Canada won!!!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Hey Jason, Thanks for all your hard work. I posted over here a question of weather this could be updated but I wonder if they will even update this to 1.4

So I see how fast you updated this for 1.4 and was wondering if you could add in the tweak for the color. It is in the systemui.css or somthing like that isn't it. I have always rooted and added the hex code in myself but was wondering if you could add that option into this patch.

I ask cuz it would be easier then always having to root over since I don't have to root much at all anymore.

Thoughts? Thanks!
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Jason's work is truly awesome!

But if he doesn't get around to adding the color change, you can apply one of the font-size-color patches available in preware, which worked for me (as I wanted 'aqua')

try typing 'font' in the list of everything, and you might get lucky? ;-)
    Using the latest update to this patch, I'm not getting any errors when installing via WOSQI, but after it automatically restarts Luna, the carrier string is unchanged. Yes, I did edit the .patch file in the right spots. I do have a theme installed that has it's own custom carrier string, so I'd imagine this could interfere (since no "hunk" error as described above, can't confirm this). Is there any way to utilize both a theme and Jason's patch?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Is it possible to display roaming carrier name, when the phone is in 'roaming'?
    I ran into some big problems when I installed this patch with a theme already on the phone, but did not experience any "hunk" errors as some did above. Essentially the top bar got stuck in the theme's color and carrier string; even after uninstalling the theme, uninstalling the patch, even trying to load a new theme to "overwrite" whatever had the top bar stuck. After reinstalling the theme that had been on the phone at the time of patching, then removing it, the top bar and carrier string went back to normal. Upon trying the patch again via WOSQI it worked just fine and the carrier string is now customized.

The best part is, when I then reinstalled the theme, the top bar color and icons changed according to theme, but the string remained my custom one. Sooooo, we learned to uninstall the theme first, then go patch->theme to avoid some potential issues.

Thanks for this patch Jason. Great work, as always!
    Last edited by muskrat2k1; 03/08/2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: .
    fun fun fun -- my carrier line now say F U I phone

thanks
    Hi Guys. I get this error when i use the sw. Does anyone know how to force it work? Firmware 1.3.x GSM model.

$MODEM MODEL=UNKNOWN
    $FW VERSION =
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrfon View Post
    Hi Guys. I get this error when i use the sw. Does anyone know how to force it work? Firmware 1.3.x GSM model.

$MODEM MODEL=UNKNOWN
    $FW VERSION =
    This is for 1.4.0, which is available for all carriers. You can upgrade, or installed the 1.3.x version of the patch a few pages back
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    If you change the banner how can you change it back?? will putting a theme on it change it? will it show up in preware as a patch that you can remove???
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok i tried this with 1.4 and i couldnt' get it to work. I never received an error when installing it just never came up anyone have any ideas??
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ditto on the same error as wraptor.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks. The 1.4 Patch works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Surprise, surprise. The results did look good... for a while. Then I noticed that it reverted to another string: "carrier text here". Huh? When I changed the patch to my string, I didn't really give much thought to the other part of the if/else. So I changed it also and now all is well.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    That patch worked great for me. Thanks Jason.
    I want to change mine to "goat"
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast