Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I've searched around the forums here for a while now trying to find an easy way to build a theme for my Pre. I've looked at the Sticky on Theme Builder but, quite honestly, it confuses me to do so. So... As a representative of the Stupid People of America (SPA) can I please, please get a step by step guide to building a theme? The SPA would like the following information:

1. What needs to be done to the builder's phone to start (i.e. does the phone need to be rooted; the SPA is really, really scared of doing that)?
    2. What software does the builder need?
    3. What files need to be changed (already answered in a sticky but figured that it would be prudent to put it here anyway.)?
    4. Where do we find alternate icons or are those icons the diligent work of the theme builders alone (i.e. the theme that I currently have, iPre, has several icons that look pretty cool)?
    5. How does the builder test a theme without messing with the phone for each and every step?
    6. What else needs to be done?

Thank you all in advance for your help or direction to someone that already answered all of the above questions. The SPA will be handing out awards for the most kind intelligent person in a few weeks. I'm sure anyone that helps here will be nominated!

*No Stupid people were harmed in the making of this post.