Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    hi I just recently updated my preware to 9.6 and for some reason it does not have the option for installed themes. So I decided to run the Emergency Patch Removal, but the theme is still installed... How do I remove the theme? I hope someone can help!!! Thank you!!!
    Try WebOS Repair Utility.

And btw, EPR only removes patches, not themes
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I know this might sound stupid but should I install it using my phone or would I have to d/l first on a computer?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shypnoi View Post
    I know this might sound stupid but should I install it using my phone or would I have to d/l first on a computer?
    You have to install it on your computer. Put your phone in Dev Mode, hook it up via USB, tap Just Charge, start up the Repair Utility, go to options and enable compatibility override, and let it rip. Then be patient; it takes a while to run.

P.S. It will also remove any patches. Be prepared to reinstall all of them. But it's worth it, especially when you consider the alternative.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    You have to install it on your computer. Put your phone in Dev Mode, hook it up via USB, tap Just Charge, start up the Repair Utility, go to options and enable compatibility override, and let it rip. Then be patient; it takes a while to run.

P.S. It will also remove any patches. Be prepared to reinstall all of them. But it's worth it, especially when you consider the alternative.
    I suppose I need to do this too.. since I did a Full Erase w/o removing the theme and now every time I power up, the theme's boot up image loads up instead of Palm's!! argh

I have yet another very noob question.. How do I put the phone in DEV Mode ? FW is 1.2.1 Thanks!!
    Dev Mode: from main screen, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart then dev mode will come up, turn it on and phone will reboot itself