1. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I installed the Simple Black and Red theme through Preware and then removed it through Preware....but there are still some left over themed icons that won't go back to original....any ideas??
    Last edited by JRH; 11/11/2009 at 05:03 PM.
  2. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    anybody???....anybody???......Bueller???
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm probably not the anybody you wanted, because I know of only one reliable means of removing a broken theme (short of doctoring), and that's http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html, Options > Override compatibility enabled. It will remove the broken theme, but it also will remove all patches.

I don't know if it's possible to use the Repair Utility to replace only those specific files altered by the theme. I suppose it's possible if you know every file altered by the theme you could restore each individually.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    The only tool I know of that will correctly install or uninstall a theme is WebOSQuickInstall. However, it will only uninstall correctly, a theme that it installed in the first place.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I've installed and uninstalled themes through Preware with no problem. Why do you say that WOSQI is the only tool that will correctly install a theme?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I've installed and uninstalled themes through Preware with no problem. Why do you say that WOSQI is the only tool that will correctly install a theme?
    Lately there have been a rash of people complaining about themes not getting removed completely and it always ens up being preware. Also I think there was some recent notice about this. A bug maybe in Preware, but I am not certain. I personally do not use Preware. I have only used QI.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    I installed the Simple Black and Red theme through Preware and then removed it through Preware....but there are still some left over themed icons that won't go back to original....any ideas??
    Just use the repair utility as already stated.

Future reference: You can only have one theme installed at a time. You must revert to default or uninstall a theme before installing another.

- Themes that also install patches cause even more problems... and thats the reason I didn't include any in the 'simple black theme.'
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    - Themes that also install patches cause even more problems... and thats the reason I didn't include any in the 'simple black theme.'
    Props to the simple black theme. (I use it.)
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Because it reads the XML and does the entire XML of a theme. Preware and Prethemer read the XML, but ONLY process what they recognize in the theme, rather than the entire theme.