Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mizzou - Black n' Gold Theme
    Created for the Palm Pre, WebOS: 1.4.1
    Current Version: 0.67

The theme incorporates the University of Missouri - Columbia's (Mizzou) tradition of black n' gold and tiger pride. Currently the theme only replaces images but may contain patches in the future. If anyone would like to contribute to the theme or simply add to my list of backgrounds supplied in this post let me know. However, as always I have the right to refuse, and you always have the right to edit my theme for personal use without distribution.

Note: I prefer to use the homebrew application 'Switcharoo,' to rotate a handful of MU images as wallpapers, all supplied at the end of this post (link to a flickr account).

• Theme Modifies the following:
      • Wallpaper
      • Boot theme
      • Phone App
      • Photo App
      • Memos App
      • Browser App
      • Music App
      • Video App
      • Phone Lock Screen
      • Calculator App
      • Clock App
      • Messaging App

• Assortment of other images including (but not limited):
      • Calendar Icon
      • E-mail Icon
      • Browser Icon
      • Phone Icon
      • Launcher Icon
      • Launcher Notifications
      • Wifi & Network Images

• Special thanks goes out to:
      • Jason R. for creating the theme builder.
      • Nights0223 (creator of 'Original Blue Theme.') For allowing me to modify a small handful of notifications and an SMS image.
      • Tree-razzo, Neal1960, & aar0on, For allowing me to modify photos from their respective flickr accounts.
      • mracer29 for the "Scrim Messaging" Patch (which isn't included in the theme but is suggested to be downloaded to complement the theme)
      • Last but not least, those who have helped me with basic photo editing questions here on the forums as well!

• Few last comments:
      • I will not be changing all the icons, if you wish, go right ahead (I chose the apps that appear on my wave bar the most frequently and that’s just how its going to be).
      • Patches are currently not stable within themes and therefore will not be supported in my theme's until then.
      • Always remember to remove the theme prior to updating to a new version of WebOS, else you risk the chance of having to run the WebOS Doctor.
        • I do not condone the use of this theme with any version of WebOS other than the version previously mentioned.

• I surely don't use every feature on the Pre so if there is some image I didn't change and its really bothering you let me know.
        • Feedback is welcomed!
        • More to come I'm sure….

- Few Screen Captures:

Version log:
    0.56 inital release
    0.58 fixes dialer pad for 1.3.1
    0.61 misc images + messaging app *** looks best with mracer29's "Scrim Messaging" Patch.
    0.62 fixed bottom page fade on msg app
    0.63 fixed a invalid character in build
    0.67 updated for webos 1.4
    Last edited by MLJones8; 04/02/2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  2.    #2  
    Now available via PreCentral's Theme Gallery and Preware.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    love the cork board...how'd you do that?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    love the cork board...how'd you do that?
    I just added two images on top of Palms original background. Of course I had to edit the two images to have a transparent background first. I did it all with a photo editor called GIMP... and there are many tutorials online explaining how to use it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Great theme. Installed it with no problems. Can you tell me where icons are stored? I am going to attempt to change Quick Dialer to black and gold.

Thanks
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gstein17 View Post
    Great theme. Installed it with no problems. Can you tell me where icons are stored? I am going to attempt to change Quick Dialer to black and gold.

Thanks

Well I don't use that application... But, I just downloaded the beta version its icon is located:
    /var/usr/palm/applications/com.yellowfinsolutions.quickdialerbeta/icon.png

However, I'd have to bet the non-beta version doesn't include the word beta in the directory. If you can't find it and don't have SFTP access to your pre then you could always go to command prompt then:
    Code:
    ls /var/usr/palm/applications/
    I think that will give you a list of all the folders in that directory, find the app you want to change and recieve/send the 'icon.png' from the applications respective folder.

Else, You could always ask the developer what the directory is...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gstein17 View Post

Thanks
    You could always use Preware to download Jason's File Browser... its called 'internalz' and needs a background install as well.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I found with internalz. Thanks. Working on the right colors now.
  9.    #9  
    What do you all think about adding this to the theme?? As of right now, My vote is no... I'll see if it grows on me. Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  10.    #10  
    I created an icon for the launcher but I ended up not liking it enough to add to my theme... here it is if anyone is interested (see attachment).
    First, rename it icon.png, then use WebOS Quick Install to send it to the following directory:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/
    Also, I posted a new wallpaper to download @:
    Mizzou Wallpapers - a set on Flickr
    Last edited by MLJones8; 11/19/2009 at 12:39 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  11.    #11  
    New version 0.62 released....
    - It themes the messaging app... which is best complemented by mracer29's patch titled: "Scrim Messaging."

- Then is best complemented by placing the below image in: /media/internal/wallpapers/

--- This can be done by connecting your Pre to your via USB and dragging and dropping the image in the "wallpapers" folder.

Lastly, a restart is required (either luna or by pressing orange + symbol + r)
    Last edited by MLJones8; 12/03/2009 at 12:32 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    i have some really cool mizzou pics if interested
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks tons for the Theme man. I am having trouble getting it to show up on 1.3.5. Am I the only one, or does it need to be updated?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I put it in via WebOSQI, it worked! = YAY!!! Whether you altered it or not for this release, thanks again.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 13brian View Post
    I put it in via WebOSQI, it worked! = YAY!!! Whether you altered it or not for this release, thanks again.

Did you receive any error messages, if so what where they? I did, and am still working on fixing them for mass download for 1.3.5 users.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Did you receive any error messages, if so what where they? I did, and am still working on fixing them for mass download for 1.3.5 users.
    I just tried and though it appears to install correctly with no errors, after luna restart there is no sign of any change in theme.

It does show in preware that it is installed, FYI
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomeygun View Post
    I just tried and though it appears to install correctly with no errors, after luna restart there is no sign of any change in theme.

It does show in preware that it is installed, FYI

I'm aware of this.. you should remove it via preware. I don't believe the problem lies within my work but more so those who coded how themes are installed and preware it self. I'm still working on it.

Be advised: If you install via WOSQI, you cannot revert to default (as of this post).

- Cliff notes: still not ready for 1.3.5, yet.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I'm aware of this.. you should remove it via preware. I don't believe the problem lies within my work but more so those who coded how themes are installed and preware it self. I'm still working on it.

Be advised: If you install via WOSQI, you cannot revert to default (as of this post).

- Cliff notes: still not ready for 1.3.5, yet.

Cool, no biggy. I'll just wait for the 1.3.5 edition to be completed.
    PS - great work on the little stuff like the mail icon, etc
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    so, by the way... I was using preware when i tried this theme and it did not work.

So today I tried installing with webosqi and it all installed good other than these two lines:

- <file>
    <filename>command-menu-gradient-white.png</filename>
    <destination>/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/command-menu-gradient-white.png</destination>
    </file>
    - <file>
    <filename>command-menu-gradient.png</filename>
    <destination>/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/command-menu-gradient.png</destination>
    </file>

error on these two, just an FYI
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Just tried, no go on loading it via Preware...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast