Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    First, I'd like to say that I really enjoy most of the themes that the wonderful designers have made! There's no way I think I'd be able to make these themes. I don't have the time, patience, or know how.

With that being said, is there anyway some one can make a nice clean, OEM, looking theme in which the messaging app doesn't look messy. The one knock I would give most of the themes is just that. The rest of the theme, icons, wallpapers, quick launch, are just ridiculously terrific but the messaging apps tend to be lacking.

Anyway, thanks for listening guys. Please don't take this as disrespectful. I don't know what it takes to make a theme and am only asking because my favorite theme updated and changed the messaging to the one I don't like.
    Perhaps I'm missing something here but if you remove your current theme something tells me you will be left with the "OEM theme" which would leave the messaging app completely clean and easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by smallpsych View Post
    With that being said, is there anyway some one can make a nice clean, OEM, looking theme in which the messaging app doesn't look messy.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 11/05/2009 at 11:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something here but if you remove your current theme something tells me you will be left with the "OEM theme" which would give leave the messaging app completely clean and easy to read.
    ryleyinstl,

I was afraid that what I posted would come across the wrong way. I would like to have a theme on my phone (which is why the standard OEM isn't what I have now) but I just think that some of the messaging changes that are done in the themes take away from the theme itself. I am by no means criticizing those themes as there are probably many, many people to whom those themes appeal to. I just happen to not be one of them. Plus, I know that I can't make a theme by myself as I don't have the know how (or else I would) so I have to ask for what I'm looking for.

I'm sorry if I offended you with my post, especially if you are one of the theme designers that are helping the rest of us customize our phones much further than I thought a phone could be customized.
    Offense...ha, none taken. I personally find the phone aesthetically pleasing the way it is and have no desire to install themes at all. I agree with you that most of the color changes I have seen done to the messaging app make it much harder to read.
    I would agree, I love the themes and switch every week or so, but I have once or twice quickly switched off of a theme because of the massager being a bit to overwhelming.

Would I would like is a nice application which allows you to look at each screen and swap out the theme images for that area nice an easy...
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I have a theme that makes no changes to the messaging app, reportedly because the developer couldn't find a combination of colors he liked more than the OEM. It's possible other themes may avoid those alterations as well. Maybe you could ask the developer of your favorite theme to provide a version without changes to messaging.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    @smallpsych depending on how you install your themes you can just removing the messaging part of the theme.
    download the zipped theme and unzip
    find the file for the messaging app (usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging)
    Open that folder and deleted the images folder within (DO NOT DELETE THE ICON)
    Zip the theme back and upload using quick install.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    @smallpsych depending on how you install your themes you can just removing the messaging part of the theme.
    download the zipped theme and unzip
    find the file for the messaging app (usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging)
    Open that folder and deleted the images folder within (DO NOT DELETE THE ICON)
    Zip the theme back and upload using quick install.
    Thanks Doc31! That's something I really needed to know!