Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im sorry if this is in the wrong section but a got a dilemma involving using webOs install. I used install themes to my pre with breeze and no problems until the last theme i tried installing a message error sign pooped out in the middle of installment and theme didnt install properly! i managed to set my factory theme back but now i cant seem to install a custom theme to my pre. Everytime its about to install it lets me know to please be patient to install but it stalls and freezes there i remember deleting a a file called novacom in my add/remove from xp windows. is that the problem why it doesnt install properly? Some one please help! Do i have install that file again and how?..thanx
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Unico View Post
    i remember deleting a a file called novacom in my add/remove from xp windows. is that the problem why it doesnt install properly? Some one please help! Do i have install that file again and how?..thanx
    Read the first post re the requirements for WebOS QI/Novacom: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-7-beyond.html

Good luck
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/07/2009 at 10:45 AM.
  3.    #3  
    thanx alot cas... hope this fixes it
  4.    #4  
    dam i cant get to work! is anyone else having this same problem? i can still install apps in my pre with webOsQuickIntsall but not themes anymore?
    I can't install themes either. Never was able to get it to work successfully
    I tried to do mine for the 1st time and the quick web os would come up I would get pleas wait. so i did and a hour later some earror came up and now i have half a theam
    I cant get my theme to work i got to the part where it says changing themes and then an message popped up saying ERROR 4: null. please help new to all of this
    You can use Preware to install themes on webOS 1.3.1.

Just go through the List of Everything and you can see the themes you want to install.

Preware works on all webOS versions, and on both the Pre and the Pixi.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/14/2009 at 08:24 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can use Preware to install themes on webOS 1.3.1.

Just go through the list of everything and you can see the themes you want to install.

Preware works on all webOS versions, and on both the Pre and the Pixi.

-- Rod
    I have installed the 1.3.1 and updated the feeds a good 5x+ along with 2 reboots. Everytime I select Themes it has the line highlighted and then just hangs, going on 15 minutes and still at the same place... Maybe a feed problem? I've restarted Preware probably 6x so far and still the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by skakum View Post
    I have installed the 1.3.1 and updated the feeds a good 5x+ along with 2 reboots. Everytime I select Themes it has the line highlighted and then just hangs, going on 15 minutes and still at the same place... Maybe a feed problem? I've restarted Preware probably 6x so far and still the same problem.

Ahh ok looks like I got it working. Instead of choosing all, I went to the bottom and selected Feeds and then chose Prethemer which by passes Precentral themes. As soon as I did that, whola, It came up right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by skakum View Post
    Ahh ok looks like I got it working. Instead of choosing all, I went to the bottom and selected Feeds and then chose Prethemer which by passes Precentral themes. As soon as I did that, whola, It came up right away.
    You also could have used the List of Everything like I said in my post

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    The developer of my current theme recommended against using Preware to install it so I didn't. Now I need to uninstall it so I can load the new wwbOS update. Preware does not give me the option to remove it. Does anyone know whether I simply need to reverse the original process using Prethemer?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolioDD View Post
    The developer of my current theme recommended against using Preware to install it so I didn't.
    That's an interesting statement. Did they say why?

Now I need to uninstall it so I can load the new wwbOS update. Preware does not give me the option to remove it. Does anyone know whether I simply need to reverse the original process using Prethemer?
    I guess you'll need to ask the developer who told you not to use Preware ...

Follow @webosinternals on twitter for more 1.3.1 news.

We've just doubled the RAM allocation for preware.org to prepare for the spike in accesses which is happening right now.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    It's the Dallas Cowboys theme. I thought it odd, too, but he had such a big file due to the incredible detail that caused him to recommend the alternative install method. I did send the question to the developer but he hasn't responded yet. Thank you. You guys rock.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yup. Reverse the process. "Use WebOSQuickInstall. From its menu, choose Tools-Themer-Revert to Default".
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yup. Reverse the process. "Use WebOSQuickInstall. From its menu, choose Tools-Themer-Revert to Default".
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Having the same issue where it hangs when you choose all themes in preware after the 1.3.1 update.... Choosing feeds and going that way seems to work fine, but hopefully this glitch is fixed soon.
    Loaded 1.3.1 tried to load the cowboys theme and 1/2 way through I started getting error 19 & 5 can not connect... Gave up... phone seemed fine with 1/2 the theme installed. Using quick install to revert to default, but it has been running for 45 mins now... something has to be wrong... Dont know what to do??? rebooted phone and laptop trying to load theme again... absolutely nothing is happening...
    Last edited by awlom; 11/14/2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuzzle View Post
    Having the same issue where it hangs when you choose all themes in preware after the 1.3.1 update.... Choosing feeds and going that way seems to work fine, but hopefully this glitch is fixed soon.
    Yeah, we'd like to fix it as soon as possible too. The problem is that it's not reproducible on the emulator, so that makes it a little bit harder to fix. And we're currently concentrating on just keeping preware.org running smoothly through this peak period.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast