Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sometimes the difference between success and failure is persistence; sometimes doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity. I've been working on this project for nearly TWO whole days and I think it's time to quit.

It doesn't work. I ran webOS Doctor and started the entire process from the beginning (two times). I am using webOSQI 2.96. After webOS Doc, I updated, again, to webOS 1.3.5. I tried again, doing everything as explained. At first it looked like it was working. The "launcher" page with the football came up on the phone. Then some error messages. I followed the instructions and killed webOSQI then went through the process again. The error messages appeared again so I did the same thing. Next time, it stalled after 20 minutes so I did the orange+Sym+R. Then the "launcher" screen reverted back to the default one only it was in blue. Not to be deterred, I went through the process again with webOSQI. This time the "launcher" screen went back to the original default (not in blue). Because you said not to give up, I did this at least 6 times and nothing.

Now when I try to download a different theme, it does not work (it gets stuck just as the Cowboys theme did) and when I run webOS Doctor and go to the Themer in webOSQI, it STILL says that the Cowboys theme is the theme even though I can see on my Pre it is not.

Well, no one can say I didn't try. Thanks for putting this theme together, rmackay. It is AWESOME! Sorry I won't be able to appreciate it, or any other theme, on my phone. Glad the 'Boys won tonight. Great game!
    Sorry, I posted that just before I saw your response!

I'm not sure if it's going to work considering that I am unable to download ANY themes, even directly from Preware.

Not sure what happened but I guess I'm stuck with the default theme.

I'll give the updated version a try though.

Thanks! You really did design a great theme!
    most of the themes are not updated for the new is, I would assume. Be patient and you will be able to install it soon enogh.
    Any chance this will be ready before we stomp the Vikings?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Dallas-Cowboys has just been updated.
    I'm new to these sort of things and was wondering how to uninstall my Dallas Cowboys theme. There's an update coming in Feb and want to make sure I know what I'm doing before the time comes to update my Pre. By the way, this is an awesome theme. You can reply to jochavez03@gmail.com. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just installed the Cowboys them successfully, except for the fact that the wallpaper didn't change. Is there a place to download just the wallpaper so I can complete the theme?
    I have recently changed from the dallas theme to another but some of my apps still have the dallas theme. its seems as if my new theme isnt as in depth as the dallas them so is there a way to get my original palm theme then load my new theme?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had the same things happen when I changed themes. The Cowboys theme changes so many things it's unlikely that another theme will replace everything. The obvious solution would be to go back to the default theme and start over. However, like many people the quick installer tells me that I already have the default theme installed, though I don't. I'm not sure how to get back to square one without resetting the entire phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdgates View Post
    I had the same things happen when I changed themes. The Cowboys theme changes so many things it's unlikely that another theme will replace everything. The obvious solution would be to go back to the default theme and start over. However, like many people the quick installer tells me that I already have the default theme installed, though I don't. I'm not sure how to get back to square one without resetting the entire phone.
    I am unable to uninstall the theme completely as well. I made the mistake of using preware to install it, because I could not get WOSQI to see anything except the two patch files. Preware of course installed a b@stard child theme that has some stuff that is not cowboys related, like the corkboard which is from the ut theme and some other issues.

Is there something I am missing that will let WOSQI 3.01 install this theme fully?
    I know there have been many replies to this theme....but with wosqi 3.01, the only thing it sees are the patch files(if the theme has been unzipped on the computer; if it hasn't, the program doesn't see anything). Installing from Preware fails altogether. Using Themer from wosqi(per the install directions) gives me the error "Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theme specification is put in place." Haven't seen that in any of the forums. Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I want this theme so bad but quickinstall has disabled the themer and i cant find an older version anywhere....any help would be appreciated...
    will this install to 1.4.1.1?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234