Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Umm, how do you uninstall this thing?

Need to do so before install the update.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Nevermind.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    How about a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders theme?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    To those with WOSQI connection refused errors...

When you get the error, kill WOSQI via Task Mgr.
    Restart WOSQI and re-load the theme and click install (don't revert to default unless there is a different theme currently loaded on the Pre).

It appears, in my testing so far, that WOSQI will continue installing again. You may have to go through this loop/process several times until WOSQI is able to get all the theme done. I personally have not had to go past 6 times before the theme finally completely installed. Using this process I have been able to finally get Longhorns and Cowboys to work.

The same kind of thinking applies to using the Revert To Default option of WOSQI. If needing to Revert To Default to install another theme, it has taken me two tries before it does a Revert To Default with no errors.

Note: Be sure to only kill WOSQI if the error is a connection refused. It it is the missing file error cuz you dont have the particular app, just press OK/Continue on those.

I beleive a new version of WOSQI is underway to address this. But in the meantime, try the above.

Let me know if this works for you!

Robert
    It worked!!! This is the best theme hands down!! Would love to see a Houston Rockets or Houston Texans them as well.
    Tried killing WOSQI with task manager after seeing connection error, then restarting install. Upon restart, the install hangs with no errors whatsoever but also never installs theme. Saw main screen background on phone after first try but that disappeared after retrying. Default main screen (the funny plant looking thing) is blue after retrying and won't change color until I revert to default with WOSQI. Running XP SP3. Any ideas?

I have been able to install other themes with WOSQI and with Preware with no issues.

Thank for the help.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil0402 View Post
    Tried killing WOSQI with task manager after seeing connection error, then restarting install. Upon restart, the install hangs with no errors whatsoever but also never installs theme. Saw main screen background on phone after first try but that disappeared after retrying. Default main screen (the funny plant looking thing) is blue after retrying and won't change color until I revert to default with WOSQI. Running XP SP3. Any ideas?

I have been able to install other themes with WOSQI and with Preware with no issues.

Thank for the help.
    How long did you wait before giving up when you did not have any errors? You should have waited at least 15 full minutes before giving up. If you did, do a ORANGE-SYMBOL-R on the Pre to restart it, then try again with WOSQI.
    I waited 25 min on the retry and nothing ever happened. I did a restart on the Pre and that did not work either. I also could not get it to revert to default this time and could not install other themes at this point. I had to install the original .ipk theme and that overrode everything so I could try again. Now able to install themes from Preware but haven't tried WOSQI again yet.
    Last edited by bluedevil0402; 11/21/2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: typo
    Here is step by step what I did. Maybe you'll see something I missed:
    -Restarted everything, PC and Pre
    -Connected Pre in "just charge" mode
    -opened WOSQI, chose "themer", "load theme", selected downloaded 2.0 copy on computer, "set theme"
    -theme starts loading, main screen changed to cowboys logo on Pre
    -got normal error message like you described, hit enter to continue
    -got connection error, closed WOSQI thru Task Manager
    -reopened WOSQI, went through same process as described above, DID NOT disconnect Pre during this time
    -waited 25 min with no error messages or any other activity. Closed with Task Manager again
    -opened WOSQI, themer said current theme was Cowboys theme, tried to revert to default, sat for 20 min with no activity, closed with Task Manager

That's about it. Again had to install old theme to override everything and make themer see as a default theme. Haven't yet tried to install any other theme with WOSQI. Will try that now and let you know results.
    Tried installing Lakers theme from WOSQI and it installed with no problems. Not sure what is going on.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Here is step by step what I did. Maybe you'll see something I missed:
    -Restarted everything, PC and Pre
    -Connected Pre in "just charge" mode
    -opened WOSQI, chose "themer", "load theme", selected downloaded 2.0 copy on computer, "set theme"
    -theme starts loading, main screen changed to cowboys logo on Pre
    -got normal error message like you described, hit enter to continue
    -got connection error, closed WOSQI thru Task Manager
    -reopened WOSQI, went through same process as described above, DID NOT disconnect Pre during this time
    -waited 25 min with no error messages or any other activity. Closed with Task Manager again
    -opened WOSQI, themer said current theme was Cowboys theme, tried to revert to default, sat for 20 min with no activity, closed with Task Manager

That's about it. Again had to install old theme to override everything and make themer see as a default theme. Haven't yet tried to install any other theme with WOSQI. Will try that now and let you know results.
    Ok... the only thing is that you gave up after just a 2nd try.

Repeat installing the theme on top of itself...

1) If you get the connection error... just repeat after re-opening WOSQI
    2) If you go past 20 mins with no error... ORANGE-SYM-R the Pre, close WOSQI, then repeat after Pre restarts and re-opening WOSQI.

Remember to repeat by installing the theme on top of itself, don't rever to default. Try this at least 6 or more times before giving up.

Let me know if it works for you.

Robert
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Tried installing Lakers theme from WOSQI and it installed with no problems. Not sure what is going on.
    The problem is that my themes are so detailed, that Preware can not handle it and WOSQI, until the next version comes out soon, takes some effort to get it installed. The preware developer is using this theme as the measure for the limits of what preware can do with the method they use to install themes. WOSQI uses a different method that can overcome these limits.

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    Ok... the only thing is that you gave up after just a 2nd try.

Repeat installing the theme on top of itself...

1) If you get the connection error... just repeat after re-opening WOSQI
    2) If you go past 20 mins with no error... ORANGE-SYM-R the Pre, close WOSQI, then repeat after Pre restarts and re-opening WOSQI.

Remember to repeat by installing the theme on top of itself, don't rever to default. Try this at least 6 or more times before giving up.

Let me know if it works for you.

Robert
    Oh, i thought i would continue to get an error and that would be my cue to restart the process. Do I ORANGE-SYM-R the Pre before closing WOSQI or does the order matter? And can i do that while it is still connected to the USB?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Oh, i thought i would continue to get an error and that would be my cue to restart the process. Do I ORANGE-SYM-R the Pre before closing WOSQI or does the order matter? And can i do that while it is still connected to the USB?
    Re-read the message - you only ORANGE-SYM-R if you have gone more than 20 minutes withOUT any errors (in other words, it appears hung).

I would close WOSQI first, then do the ORANGE-SYM-R.

Yes, you can do it while connected - no need to disconnect during this whole process.
    I finally got this theme to install. I got the connection refused error a several times, but killing and restarting the WEBOSQI with the Task Manager allowed me to continue the install process. ******** Please note: For me, doing a orange+sym+R during one of the refused connection errors caused my Pre to revert to the original OEM theme. I started the process over and only encountered one "connection refused" error before the theme installed completely. ********
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi there,

'Just an update to let you know that the latest WebOSQuickInstall, version 2.96, now installs this theme with on errors and in record time! (3 minutes for me vs the 12 minutes of the prior version!).

Anyone who had install problems in the past, please re-try with the 2.96 version of WOSQI.

(For those Aggies wondering where their theme is, its coming along - about 50% done - but I have had precious little free time for theming as of late. But do not be depressed... it is coming!)

Merry Christmas to all!

Robert
    Hey,

I are you planning to update this to 1.35? I love this theme! Using the Longhorn theme in the meantime...

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Yes, I will be updating all my themes. 1st, of course, was the longhorns. Then I will do the Cowboys, then the Stars, then my work in progress Texas A&M.
    Hey there,

I had the Cowboys theme before the most recent webOS 1.3.5 update (which I had downloaded via Preware). I deleted it before installing the webOS update. After updating the webOS, I've tried downloading the Cowboys theme via webOS Quick Install per the instructions posted here. (I should mention that I have updated webOSQI version 2.96). I've followed the instructions to a "T" and have still had zero luck. As others have reported, the theme gets "stuck" and no amount of killing webOSQI and resetting the Pre via ORANGE-SYM-R seems to make a bit of difference. When I open webOSQI and go to Themer, it shows that the Cowboys 2.0.0 theme IS the theme, when in fact, it is not. It's the Pre default theme. When I go to Device Manager to try and uninstall the Cowboys theme, it is NOT listed under Applications (and just to be sure I checked under Patches and of course it was not there either). I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?
    OK, it's 5:30 AM and I've been working on this ALL DAY except for a couple of hours when I took my kids to Chuck E. Cheese. I normally HATE Chuck E. Cheese but it was a welcome respite from how depressed I was feeling knowing that the Palm Pre had gotten the better of me. Even the most ardent Cowboys fan has to know when to call it quits (I didn't think I had the word in my vocabulary).

I've tried EVERYTHING! I even re-installed webOSQI; I ran EPR; I attempted to run the Doctor but was not able to do so (in the instructions it said if you are prompted to decide which USB connection you wanted (USB/Charge Only/Media) that you don't need webOS Doctor so I wasn't even able to do that. I re-downloaded the Cowboys zip file. I don't know what else I can do short of running this device over with my truck.

Oh, I even tried to download different themes and it appears I can't even do that so it looks like I might be stuck with the really AWESOME default theme. Can anyone tell I'm a bit punchy?

I'm not bitter; just a bit heart-broken, depressed and crushed

If you have some ideas, bring 'em on. I'm so angry right now, I think I will root on the Eagles unless Jerry Jones buys me a new phone! I'm just kidding; I could NEVER root on the Eagles (unless it meant doing so was good for the 'Boys).

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I am working on a 1.3.5 update that will work. Look for something this coming weekend or next week where the theme version will be 2.3.5.

Robert
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast