Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    trying to load updated Cowboy theme, but it does not seem like anything is happening... The wallpaper changed to Palm default, but Webos quickinstall (2.9) just sits there saying "changing theme be patient"... Any ideas? do i need to wipe this device and start from scratch?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awlom View Post
    trying to load updated Cowboy theme, but it does not seem like anything is happening... The wallpaper changed to Palm default, but Webos quickinstall (2.9) just sits there saying "changing theme be patient"... Any ideas? do i need to wipe this device and start from scratch?
    Please read the instructions and original post - the theme will take a FULL 10-15 minutes to install. So just let it keep happening. If more than 15 minutes have gone by, then it can be considered to be hung up.
    I let it go for 1/2 hour... I just killed quickinstall via task manager and restarted the them load... Quickinstall did say that the current theme was version 2.0 so something is happening.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awlom View Post
    I let it go for 1/2 hour... I just killed quickinstall via task manager and restarted the them load... Quickinstall did say that the current theme was version 2.0 so something is happening.
    Please let us know here if you got it to load finally. It may take several tries as I stated in my earlier post today.
    another 10mins and no sign of any icon being themed... No errors either, just nothing happening at all...
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    If after 20 minutes, nothing, then kill WOSQI, unplug your Pre, under deviceinfo, choose RESTART, and report how much got themed (you do not see what all was themed until you do a restart - usually WOSQI does the restart for you).
    Absolutely nothing themed... Device seems to be running fine, but no Cowboys theme.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    And you are using WOSQI 2.9? Hmmm - you are installing via Themer in WOSQI or just dragging the file into WOSQI and pressing Install?
    using WOSQI 2.9 Themer... double clicking load theme, then double clicking the zip i downloaded... right now WEBOSQI states current theme is Dallas Cowboys 1.0.0 but it is not... Something is locked up soewhere in the device... Should I do a hard reset, device wipe or webos doctor?
    Okay, so here's my story.

On Sunday, post 1.3.0 update, I decided I would put this awesome theme on my phone in time for the Greenbay game. Well, needless to say it did not workout so well. I attempted to go back to the default theme with only marginal success. At which point I came here and saw that the rmackay was working on an update (woowhoo!!). At that point I decided to wait till the update was done.

This brings us to today. I attempted to install the update over Dallas-Cowboys theme 1.0 but that didn't work so I figured I'd just run the webos dr. Which I did...

First thing after updated to 1.3.0 again, I downloaded Dallas-Cowboys 2.0.0 and ran the themer. Like others, I got the connection error, so I came back here and followed the instructions of kill wosqi and tried again.

After 25min, the process looked stalled so I killed wosqi again and restarted the phone. This time, when the phone turned back on, the default them was back. Is that crazy???

At any rate, I restarted the phone again and I'm about to try to install the theme once more. Wish me luck! This theme looks so awesome, hope I can get it worked out.
    Last edited by lawdawgmon; 11/18/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Okay, after another attempt nothing seems to be happening. No prompts or any visible sign that anything is happening. In previous attempts the Wallpaper would change almost immediately. This time nothing... After 25 minutes or so I gave up and killed wosqi and restarted the phone. Nothing has changed. Looks like the default theme is here to stay because I really don't feel like running webos dr again. At least not for a while.
    sad day..
    Just DRed, put on 1.31, downloaded 2.9 webos quick install. loaded all the patches, but it gave me an error connection message on the Cowboys theme.
    hmm. I just tried preware and its been at the install screen for about 10 minutes.. i will give it another 10 minutes
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Good luck! I do not know anyone who has reported getting it to install with Preware. Only option has been WOSQI 2.9, and only if you get the connection refused errors (#5 and/or #19), and you keep installing it on top of itself until WOSQI gets through the whole thing without the error. Let us know. I have asked Rod to look into the Preware issue and Jason is looking into the WOSQI issue.
    1st- preware did nothing
    2nd- I just read the post on the other page and it worked. I just loaded it over itself with WEBOSQI
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    1st- preware did nothing
    2nd- I just read the post on the other page and it worked. I just loaded it over itself with WEBOSQI
    Great! How do you like the expanded stuff? Did you notice the Dallas skyline in FlightView?

Robert
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Using WOSQI v2.9 via the Themer option and in DEV mode and the theme will not apply. Stays on the "Changing Theme" screen and doesnt move past that. I've left it on that screen for about 20 min just to make sure, and then have to kill the program. Any ideas?
    Last edited by O Show; 11/19/2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Tried 4 times already...and not sure where to go from here. Bummer
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by O Show View Post
    Tried 4 times already...and not sure where to go from here. Bummer
    What machine are you running on (OS and speed)? Also, how are you installing it via WOSQI? Are you dragging the ZIP file into the WOSQI window, or going through the Tools-Themer menu option?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
    What machine are you running on (OS and speed)? Also, how are you installing it via WOSQI? Are you dragging the ZIP file into the WOSQI window, or going through the Tools-Themer menu option?
    Using WOSQI v2.9 via the Tools>Themer option and selecting theme from local folder.

System Core 2 Duo, Win XP SP3
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast