1.    #1  
    Hi All - first of all, this is an awesome forum. My best wishes to all those who have worked their tail off to keep supplying us with so much help and guidance. You guys rock!

I was wondering if there is any "Today" theme or home-screen config on the Pre (similar to the Blackberries) via which in one glance you can figure out your next couple of appointments, to-do's, reminders etc

Thanks!
    Not by default. However there is ActiveCard. You can try it free via Homebrew - http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...-3-day-preview

Full version available via PALM App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adp21 View Post
    Hi All - first of all, this is an awesome forum. My best wishes to all those who have worked their tail off to keep supplying us with so much help and guidance. You guys rock!

I was wondering if there is any "Today" theme or home-screen config on the Pre (similar to the Blackberries) via which in one glance you can figure out your next couple of appointments, to-do's, reminders etc

Thanks!
    Themes are totally visual and do not add or change functionality.

Right now, you'll need to use an application to do this. There are two choices, both from the same author: Active Home Screen and Active Card. They have slight differences in functionality and look. An older version of AC can be purchased from the catalog. There was a very time-limited beta of a newer version of AC. AHS and other AC betas are available to people that donate to the author.

Please note that, as it stands, there cannot be any app in the catalog that can do what you describe as Palm does not allow access to calendars. A few home brew apps, Agenda being one of the best, do allow this.

If you just want to see your upcoming calendar events, grab Agenda. The developer is one of the best around and one of the nicest around. It doesn't do tasks (I don't know any that do) and doesn't have extras like weather, twitter feeds, news, etc. I almost always have it running, so it's easy to just switch to that card to see what I have coming up.

There are currently no apps that do this with the lock screen.
  4.    #4  
    ok thanks a ton! appreciate it

will get em a shot