Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by randomheroboy View Post
    I've been having a problem with just 1 theme. It downloads to my PC without any problem, then I drag it into WebOS Quick Install, still no problem, but when I click "Install", a message pops up saying "Package dependencies not satisfied". What does this mean, and how can I fix the problem?
    I'm having the exact same problem, but with every theme. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a solution and haven't found anything. Has anyone else found a way to fix this?
    I've had a pixi plus (verizon) for awhile, but i switched back to a feature phone for a couple months when i was running low on dough. I re-installed everything, and i can install apps from WOSQI, just not themes.
    Also, I've read that Preware is the recommended way to install themes. So how do you install themes that you've created without WOSQI?

version: 1.4.5.1 if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    I have webos 3.0.2 for my touchpad and couldn't find any themes in preware, thanks for that post jediprincess
    Did you turn on the themes through Preware first? Or are you skimming my last post? You have to turn the themes feed on before you will be able to see them as I carefully walk you through in my last post.

I too have webOS 3.0.2 so I KNOW the directions I gave in my previous post works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtcmrock View Post
    Also, I've read that Preware is the recommended way to install themes. So how do you install themes that you've created without WOSQI?

version: 1.4.5.1 if that helps
    If you use the search function on the forums here you will find the answer to the above question. There is a way and it is mentioned on the forums somewhere.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    For the Preware section, can you edit it to say that in order to get themes to show up, one must go to the Preware Tab at the top left, chose Manage Feeds and turn them all on? I only had 13 themes on my Preware until I did this, and I thought I was going to have to install a theme using a more complicated method when all I had to do was this since I already had Preware installed! Luckily, I thought that surely there must be more themes in Preware, so I saved myself a lot of time by doing a quick google search and immediately found this video explaining how to get the themes to show up:
    Hi,
    Even I had faced a similar problem while installing themes in my iPhone.. I had just gone through this particular information from http://hiox.org/32781-how-to-install-iphone-themes.php and made the installation quicker and easier without any further issues.. You may also have a look at this informative resource to install iPhone themes in an easier way...
    Hi there
    I cant see anything aprt from send file, receive file and device management on my webOS installer so how do i follow your instructions without the thread your talking about.
    Thanks
    I installed a theme on my new VZW Pre2 running WebOS v2.1 via WebOS QI v 4.3.1.

I would like to remove it and replace it with another theme. I know I have to remove it first, but don't see that option in WebOS QI v4.3.1.

How do I remove a theme in WebOS QI v4.3.1?
    For those of you who don't know how to uninstall a theme, I have finally figured it out. all you have to do is go to Preware and tap "Installed Packages" then tap "Unknown"or "Theme" (If you have that option). Tap your theme then just tap remove and restart your device.
    Last edited by MharkelBellacour; 01/05/2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MharkelBellacour View Post
    all you have to do is go to Preware and tap "Installed Packages" then tap "Unknown"or "Theme" (If you have that option).
    you have that option if you enabled at least one "theme"-feed in the feed management controls. if you have the theme feeds disabled, preware will put a theme in the "unknown" folder, naturally.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Does anybody know how to install zip themes now that WQI no longer has a themer option? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a solution...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Does anybody know how to install zip themes now that WQI no longer has a themer option? I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a solution...
    I believe that you will need the new Theme Manager, which is still in either the Alpha or Beta feeds.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I considered doing that, but Internals suggested that I don't download Alpha or Beta feeds as they can become quite problematic. Do you think that its Beta release is stable enough that it won't crash, and I won't be left stumped looking for a solution if something does happen to go wrong?

Thanks
    Well, but if you want to use zipped themes, you must use theme manager.

That said I think just as they think - if you canīt handle the risk that using beta versions usually implies, then you shouldnīt be using beta versions.

Then again - I use theme manager quite happily and havenīt experienced strange behaviour yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkster213 View Post
    So I have decided to just take the time to properly list the details on EXACTLY how to properly remove your themes because I am tired of reading posts day after day about people having problems with either installing or removing their homebrew themes.
    If you have a way of doing this other than what I have mentioned following please feel free to share so that others may share your knowledge.
    Please stop posting thread after thread about questions related to this!!!

Installing with webOS Quick Install (WOSQI)
    There are 2 ways of installing themes via wosqi and this assumes that you already have wosqi on your computer and properly setup. If you do not please follow the instructions on this thread
    WebOS Quick Install

1. Install using a zip file
    • These files must be downloaded directly from the website PreCentral or PreThemer
    • You can find the themes in PreCentrals theme gallery here.
    • You can find themes in PreThemers gallery here
    • Click on any theme you would like to install
    • Scroll down the themes page to the section called "Download Options" for PreCentral Gallery
    • Scroll down to the large button "DOWNLOAD" on PreThemer Gallery. A new window will open and you will have the option to download a zip or a ipk. Download the zip.
    • Click on the link located in this section
      • You will be downloading a zip file. DO NOT DECOMPRESS THIS FILE ONCE DOWNLOADED. LEAVE AS A ZIP FILE
      • Remember where you downloaded the file
    • Now open WebOS Quick Installer
      • Select the "Tools" pulldown menu
      • Select "Themer" within this menu
      • Now a new window called "Theme Settings" opens up
      • Select "Load Theme"
      • A browser window opens up. Hope you remembered where you downloaded the zip
        • Select the zip file and press "Select"
      • Once you have selected the file another window called "Theme Info" opens up.
      • Here you will able to see the information of the theme that you uploading including screenshots, basic info on the creator and also a button called "Set Theme"
      • Push the "Set Theme" button if this is the theme you want to install
      • A window pops up saying "Changing Theme" DO NOT DISCONNECT the phone or touch anything. Wait for the theme to load and let it do its work
      • Once it has finished working another window will pop up saying "Theming Complete" Press OK.
      • This will restart Luna and the phone and will set the theme.
      • Your phone will reboot with the theme and YOU ARE DONE!!!
    2. Install using an .ipk file
    • These files must be downloaded directly from the website PreThemer
    • You can find themes in PreThemers gallery here
    • Scroll down to the large button "DOWNLOAD" on PreThemer Gallery. A new window will open and you will have the option to download a zip or a ipk. Download the .ipk file.
    • Click on the link located in this section
      • You will be downloading an .ipk file.
      • Remember where you downloaded the file
    • Now open WebOS Quick Installer
      • In the main window select the large plus sign.
      • A browser window opens up. Hope you remembered where you downloaded the .ipk

• Choose the .ipk file and press "Select"
      • Now that the file has been added to the queue window and your phone is connected via the usb cable. Press the large "Install!" button on the bottom of the window.
      • A popup window appears saying "Please wait..." So please wait and let wosqi do its thing.
      • The window will disappear and the phone will automatically restart. and YOU ARE DONE!!!

Uninstalling with WebOS Quick Install
    This should ONLY be used with themes that are installed using wosqi. Do not use this for themes installed via Preware. This removes both zip files and .ipk files.

DO NOT INSTALL NEW THEMES OVER OTHER ONES. This will cause your phone to install themes over each other and files will be permanently changed. Some files may be changed and will not be changed to the default using this method. You wil have to us WebOS Doctor otherwise. And this sucks.
    • Follow the above directions to get back into wosqi and to the Themer area.
    • The "Theme Settings" window will now give you an option to "Revert to Default" Choose this option.
    • Again the "Changing Theme" window will open. Let the program do its thing and do not touch/disconnect the phone.
    • Once it has finished a "Theme removed" window will appear. Press "Ok" and let the phone restart.
    • Once it has restarted the theme will be completely removed and you are set.
    TO BE CONTINUED...
    What about in the newest version? there is no themer button
    How do I know which themes that suitable with my Pre3 on Preware? I already read the "details" of the themes but there is no infos that said this theme or that theme compatible with Pre 3

Or I miss something here? Please advise..
    DO NOT INSTALL NEW THEMES OVER OTHER ONES. This will cause your phone to install themes over each other and files will be permanently changed. Some files may be changed and will not be changed to the default using this method. You wil have to us WebOS Doctor otherwise. And this sucks.

unfortunately this explains it for me.....person I bought a Veer from installed some really gross Pink theme...there it is...stuck in there! besides being a hassle, webOS Doctor will wipe out all my apps, patches, data, everything....right?
    The doctor is not supposed to touch your usb drive, though there is always a chance that things could go awry.

As such:
    - back up your profile to the palm servers
    - get save/restore from preware to back up certain app data
    - plug device into computer and copy usb drive to your computer.

at that point run the appropriate doctor to reset to 'factory'; re-log into palm profile, copy usb drive back and use save/restoe data to bring back those items.

This is not a detailed instruction list though. There are more explicit details on these steps in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by zbenjamin View Post

unfortunately this explains it for me.....person I bought a Veer from installed some really gross Pink theme...there it is...stuck in there! besides being a hassle, webOS Doctor will wipe out all my apps, patches, data, everything....right?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789