Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I used quickinstall to install a theme because it has a tab "themes" and it was obvious to me that I just can do that...however, it screwed my phone up. Now I have a superugly bootscreen that I can't get rid of...I'm just using the webos doctor to "reset" it.

Thank you very much.
    I've been having a problem with just 1 theme. It downloads to my PC without any problem, then I drag it into WebOS Quick Install, still no problem, but when I click "Install", a message pops up saying "Package dependencies not satisfied". What does this mean, and how can I fix the problem?
    Well, I jsut installed preware, and it does not show this as available theme....
    Is anyone downloading themes with OS version 2.x? If so, what are the results? I realize several image files have changed and i'm wondering if they are downloading or if an error occurs. thanks for trying cuz i don't want to...
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    also on webosquickinstall 4 but I can't see the button "theme" under "tools". anyone with the same problme?

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tekne View Post
    also on webosquickinstall 4 but I can't see the button "theme" under "tools". anyone with the same problme?

thanks!
    I'm having the same problem. All I have under Tools is Send File, Receive File and Device Mgmt.

Pre Plus v1.4.5.1
    wosqi 4.04
    Dev mod is on
    Windows 7 64bit

Also when I try to install an App/Theme from the feed I get a progress window that says the files are transferring but nothing shows up on my Pre.
    -.- I made a boo boo.

I installed the Amore theme via Preware. Then, because I'm an *****, I installed a Black Abstract theme over it. I had no idea at the time that doing that was a bad, bad thing. Unfortunately, my phone isn't compatible with the Doctor. I tried doing an erase via Device Info in my phone but it didn't work.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me. The Amore theme colored the very top bar (where it lists the carrier, battery life, etc) red and I want to get it back to default or something. That way, I can just start from scratch or something?
    Nevermind my previous post. Somehow, and I have no idea how, I managed to get rid of the red top bar. Now I'm going to go back through this thread and figure out how to fix the problem that my "Revert to Default" button is grayed out. ^^

I thought I'd seen it in this thread, but I can't find it now: I cannot find a "load theme" in the Themer window on WOSQI. Seriously would appreciate some help.
    Last edited by leexlee; 05/26/2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Updates
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drice2002 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. All I have under Tools is Send File, Receive File and Device Mgmt.

Pre Plus v1.4.5.1
    wosqi 4.04
    Dev mod is on
    Windows 7 64bit

Also when I try to install an App/Theme from the feed I get a progress window that says the files are transferring but nothing shows up on my Pre.
    Same issue here. Any help would be great.
    I downloaded the newest version of webos quick install (4.04) on my cpu and I am unable to get a theme properly installed on my phone. I pressed the button underneath the (-) with the little world on it and it brings up a screen of all the things I can do. I have successfully downloaded apps and patches from this process but am unable to download a theme. It says that it is downloading and goes through all the steps but it never actually changes the theme of my phone...and i have tried restarting the phone. Any ideas? I assume the process for getting themes have changed since in (4.04) there is no "Themer" in the "Tools"" dropdown menu. Please help!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure this out also.
    I had the texas longhorn theme and when i removed it, it restarted luna only to reveal that the theme (most of it) was still in place. when i intsall a new theme, the old texas theme is still there. I NEED HELP!!!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i am having the same issue, not seeing the themere under tools.......i have PRE 2 and trying to get themes installed.

anyone have a fix?
    You have to find the original theme for the Pre and install it to fix your overlap problems
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for the help. This site is a great resource!!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    hey folks, need some help. New to pre2 and veer. Tried to install the harley davidson theme on my pre2 and veer using preware. The install failed with errors but bits of the theme did install and change colors and icons. I cant just remove it in preware because the install failed and doesnt list it to remove. How do I get my veer and pre2 back to the default themes? Go easy, I'm new.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3dal3rt View Post
    So i have the Quick Install V4 loaded and I want this theme (its in zip and i left it as zip)
    Black-Out (for WebOS 1.4) | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

to install a zip theme, i need to go to tools>themer
    however, there is no "themer" under tools (only has send file, receive file, and device management). I tried clicking on everything but nothing seems to work

help please :S
    I have the same issue. On Version 4, there is no themer option under tools, and I have a theme that overwrote some of my system files, and I am unable to revert to normal. Please help.

Thank you
    So I see people have been asking the same question since May on this thread. (Does anyone know how to add/remove theme's with the new WebOS 4.x?)

So...Does anyone know how to do this or is there another thread that we can reference because I would really love to get this resolved. Or maybe someone knows where I can find a copy of the default theme since mine is AFU now. That would be a big help.

Thank you
    Holy moley I have been looking for a way to do freaking themes on my TouchPad since I bought this thing about a week ago!

So here is the great trick for the new WebOS 4.x users and once you see how simple it is, you will more in likely be like me and roll your eyes.

On your TouchPad, go into downloads and open Preware. Once it opens touch the word 'Preware' in the upper left corner above the confused looking penguin. Select 'Manage Feeds'. A list of installed feeds come up but you will notice that they are all on except for two; 'precentral-themes' and 'prethemer'. Turn these on then click the arrow in the upper left next to the word 'Feeds'. You will get a notice at the bottom of your screen saying that you have changed feeds and you should update your feeds. Hit 'Do this now' and it will refresh. Now all you need to do is tap on 'Available Packages' and then look down the list and you should see 'Theme' tap on that and have fun. Don't forget to do a Luna restart (which your touchpad will remind you to do after installing a theme) to see your newly installed theme in action. Also don't forget to remove a theme before installing a new one.

To uninstall a theme, go into Preware and tap 'Installed Packages' then on the next screen tap 'Theme'. Tap the current theme and hit 'Remove'.

Seriously that is all there is to it. I am guessing for some reason WebOS 4 doesn't install with those two feeds automatically on like the others so you have to go in and do it yourself. Also guessing some of the admins don't know that either and even some don't bother to update threads or respond to emails.

Not all of the themes are made for TouchPads so what people show in the preview pictures may not be what ends up on your device. You're just going to have to play around with things and perhaps make your own...but that is a completely different thread and you can search it out on your own!!

P.S. No computer needed. Just a TouchPad or other device with Preware installed.
    erykah likes this.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have webos 3.0.2 for my touchpad and couldn't find any themes in preware, thanks for that post jediprincess
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast