Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nefariousrot View Post
    i followed all of the instructions, but it wont even load any of the themes for me to install them...what should i do...im not even sure if im posting this in the right place lol. Sorry if im not.
    Are you using Preware or WebOS Quick Install to install themes?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    ALL I get why I open is "Loading theme feeds..." I have NO Load Theme option either.. Whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx View Post
    ALL I get why I open is "Loading theme feeds..." I have NO Load Theme option either.. Whats going on?
    If you are trying to load themes in Preware, you have to make sure you turn the feeds on in the Preferences first (they are set to OFF by default).
    how do you load themes using wosqi 3.14?
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiackid View Post
    how do you load themes using wosqi 3.14?
    It is much easier to install themes via Preware.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    can you guide me using that?
    I was almost ready to give up with themes. I actually had installed a theme using WOSQI using the ipk method. When I couldn't get it uninstalled using the same method (which I didn't know I needed to do because I never read the forums) I had to Doctor my fone and reset EVERYTHING! Now before installing another theme I did some reading. I was having the same problem that everyone else is having with WOSQI not showing a load theme button (which must have been in an old version), but I knew that I could still install themes using the ipk method, but I still wouldn't be able to uninstall or revert to the default using WOSQI. So I kept reading, and lo and behold I found the post in this thread by Garrett92C about turning on the feeds in Preware for Prethemer. It's a miracle!!! It works like a charm now. Thank you so much. Now my Pre looks as kewl as it really is.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I could not install themes as .zip files, so I resorted to using the .ipk files. Now it says that I have my original theme loaded, when clearly I do not. I don't know how else to safely remove my current theme. Help?

I was reading on PreThemer, and it suggested just reinstalling the original theme. Would this be enough, or is it wise to attempt to remove the theme, rather than just "covering it" with the original theme?
    Last edited by cntchds; 12/06/2010 at 09:56 PM.
    I can't recall how I loaded my theme (preware or WOSQI). If I use the wrong method to remove it, will I need to doctor my phone?
    I'm having a problem getting the top bar font color back to the default white. My Pre was given to me by a friend of mine and he had a Fallout 3 theme installed on it. It made the top bar color green, which is very unattractive to me... So I uninstalled the theme, which he said was installed using PreWare. But the text stays green. And no matter what them I install, even if said theme includes a new text color for the top bar... Still green. It's driving me crazy. Any help?
    Well just got my first theme installed chose law enforcement

I had to use the ipk files from prethemer, my webOS quick install had no option for selecting zip files in the drop down?

But it worked!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hey,
    what do you suggest using to install themes??

Preware

or

Webos Quick install
    ??????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    i installed a theme using preware and then installed another one thinking it would just replace the first one. Then i noticed there was pieces of BOTH themes on my phone so i tried to remove both of them using preware and it didn't do anything. there's still bits and pieces of BOTH themes on the phone. help help help helpppppppp
    I donno if you still have this problem but the same thing happened to me. and i went and installed another theme with preware (meaning to uninstall it right after) except it didnt appear in my theme on preware.... but anyway the key here is that i used emergency patch recovery and when luna restarted the orange color in the top bar (which was the original problem) was gone and it was back to normal! i even ran the epr before this and it didnt remove it. .. so many its a "try it a few times until it works" kinda thing.
    most people suggest preware, thats what i use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjones1983 View Post
    I'm having a problem getting the top bar font color back to the default white. My Pre was given to me by a friend of mine and he had a Fallout 3 theme installed on it. It made the top bar color green, which is very unattractive to me... So I uninstalled the theme, which he said was installed using PreWare. But the text stays green. And no matter what them I install, even if said theme includes a new text color for the top bar... Still green. It's driving me crazy. Any help?
    ill tell you the same thing i told jillyjilly (use emergency patch recovery in preware)
    i went and installed another theme with preware (meaning to uninstall it right after) except it didnt appear in my theme on preware.... but anyway the key here is that i used emergency patch recovery and when luna restarted the orange color in the top bar (which was the original problem) was gone and it was back to normal! i even ran the epr before this and it didnt remove it. .. so many its a "try it a few times until it works" kinda thing.
    if you are getting a message when trying to install prethemer themes telling you to see a log, and if you see that the media/internal/prethemer.txt file is not found then you have to put your Phone in USB mode, and make a txt file named "prethemer" and type the number "1" inside.

it took me alot of time looking around and the answer was hidden in one of the threads. i thought this needed to be in the main theme thread.
    ok...i have the anproid final theme which I installed through preware

it is not recognized as being installed in preware nor in webos quick install...

ERU doesn't help...

apparently noone can help me with this
    So i have the Quick Install V4 loaded and I want this theme (its in zip and i left it as zip)
    http://www.precentral.net/black-out-for-webos-1-4

to install a zip theme, i need to go to tools>themer
    however, there is no "themer" under tools (only has send file, receive file, and device management). I tried clicking on everything but nothing seems to work

help please :S
    About a week ago I installed a theme via Preware, as I usually do because it so much easier. I'm not sure what went wrong during installing, but I theme I have installed does not show up under the 'installed packages' folder. I'm not able to remove or add any new themes now. Any tips? Thanks! :]
    I could use a little help here please? I found a boot screen I liked on prethemer but can't find it using preware. I tried to follow the webos instructions at the beginning but it keeps saying it can't find the device. I've tried just charging and in usb mode and nada. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Apparently I'm an ***** as I forgot to turn on dev mode. Got it done.
    Last edited by Treadstone; 04/07/2011 at 12:03 AM.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast