Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Good info guys.....
    Well I've read all instructions but when I bring up Themer it's kool, the theme settings opens, But I don't see where I can open up" Load Theme".... what am I doing wrong. I've checked the threads and so many posts my brain is mush. I know I have the latest WebOS Installer also.. heeeeelp... I have a PRE and all things on my computer are up to date as I am in school for programming
    Last edited by JefBek; 09/10/2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Wanted to add what phone I had
    I have a theme instaled but it doesn't show as instaled when I look at it and doesn't give me the option to in instal it. Is there another way?
    I'm probably gonna feel like an ***** when I hear the answer but when I go to install my theme by selecting "tools" and "themer" in the quick install... the "theme settings" GUI doesn't have a "load" option/button.
    help?

please?

I'm OCD and wont be able to sleep till I get this figured out and yes I realize I'm one of a hundred people asking about this but I figure the squeaky wheel gets the grease
    Last edited by kriscardwell; 09/24/2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: reviewed forum... felt even more like an idiot
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I get the same screen as above. No option to load theme.
    I'm stumped. I rarely have had problems installing themes, but I'm stuck. In the past, i've been able to install via both Preware & WQI.

I can't install a theme via my computer & WQI 3.14; the "Load Theme" is not available, and i'm trying to install a customized version of BlackOut. Other versions of WQI have the "Load Theme", but I get an error paraphrased to the effect that theming is disabled because it's not supported. I forgot, bcuz I'm not @ my desktop anymore (was on lunch brk), but I'm @ work & can't remember exactly. Sorry guys.

Anyhow, how do I upload my version of BlackOut (all credit to original designers, I just replaced a few screens)?*

Thx!

Edit: I posted via quickpost on the first thread. I didn't see these posts before me, but I'm getting that screen also.
    Last edited by tihkal; 10/05/2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: didn't see posts above mine. :/
    Luckily I came across this, and I used WQI 2.6 and was able to install themes via "Load Theme" locally from my computer.

OR NOT. WQI encountered some errors while installing the theme I modified. It was taking longer than 10 min to load, so I ended the task via Windows Task Manager. I'm going to restart and post if any changed.
    Last edited by tihkal; 10/06/2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Errors
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    help needed!

I installed a theme, by downloading it from the themes webpage, and then opening it (installing it) via the preware function "install packages ", but now it's not showing in the preware listing - do I still need to delete it via "the doctor"?
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgennie88 View Post
    I accidently installed two themes at the same time not knowing what i was doing. I promptly uninstalled it and installed a completely different theme but now everytime i uninstall a theme, remnants of the first two themes remain how do I completely get rid of the themes so my pre can look normal again ?
    I've recently done the same thing and was curious, did you fix it and if so, how?
    When I try and download a theme the quick installer says unable to find url........ anyone know anything about that?
    That is happening to me on EVERY theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbmc26 View Post
    I get the same screen as above. No option to load theme.
    Ditto.
    Quick question.

I bet that other people have asked this before but i can't seem to find in on the forum. My problem is that i installed a theme using WebOS installer and now when i want to restore the defult theme the "Revert to Default" button is grayed out. What do i do? I was going to just use WebOS Doctor but really don't want to do that. I would think there's someway to correct this.

Sorry again for asking the same questions.
    I installed preware on my palm pre and did everything the tutorial said but mine turned out differently when I open preware it doesn't have any themes. I mainly got preware to change themes but it only has 13 bad themes on it...When I open up Preware this is what the options are.
    Package Updates 0
    Available Packages 1380
    Installed Packages 29
    List of Everything

Why isn't there a option that says themes and why are there only 13...
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkonny View Post
    I installed preware on my palm pre and did everything the tutorial said but mine turned out differently when I open preware it doesn't have any themes. I mainly got preware to change themes but it only has 13 bad themes on it...When I open up Preware this is what the options are.
    Package Updates 0
    Available Packages 1380
    Installed Packages 29
    List of Everything

Why isn't there a option that says themes and why are there only 13...
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    yeah, I'm having the same issue, and the 13 themes are actually only themes for the virtual keyboard, the arent phone themes. Im wondering if it has anything the do with the never ending "loading theme feeds" on the wqi
    To those of you who can't find the themes:

In the Preware menu, tap 'Manage Feeds'. Turn on the 'prethemer' feed. Backswipe and then tap 'Update Feeds'. You'll see all the themes now.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

In the Preware menu, tap 'Manage Feeds'. Turn on the 'prethemer' feed. Backswipe and then tap 'Update Feeds'. You'll see all the themes now.

thank you, worked like a charm
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

It didn't do the job for me. Still the screen as shown above. No option for loading or even scroll thru any of them.

On the other hand: I see themes on my handy itself. Possible to install them from there?

Edit: It seems so. I'll try.
    i followed all of the instructions, but it wont even load any of the themes for me to install them...what should i do...im not even sure if im posting this in the right place lol. Sorry if im not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    It didn't do the job for me. Still the screen as shown above. No option for loading or even scroll thru any of them.

On the other hand: I see themes on my handy itself. Possible to install them from there?

Edit: It seems so. I'll try.
    I definitely recommend installing themes from Preware. Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't see your post until just now...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.