Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Erm, It's worth noting in my opinion, that the mainsite "How-to" page for installing themes is out of date, it's for the old WOSQI

http://www.precentral.net/how-install-themes-your-pre

It'd be nice if one of the admin (or whomever keeps up with this sort of thing) updated it for WOSQI 3.14, because the method posted on there now does not work.
    i want to do this
    Do you have to somehow remove the default theme to put in a new one? i dont want to do this wrong and screw up my phone...By default I mean brand new phone, one week old, downloaded preware today and have finished getting the patches I want, but the homescreen and theme busness I have not yet tinkered with.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpickle99 View Post
    Do you have to somehow remove the default theme to put in a new one? i dont want to do this wrong and screw up my phone...By default I mean brand new phone, one week old, downloaded preware today and have finished getting the patches I want, but the homescreen and theme busness I have not yet tinkered with.
    Nope. Just pick the theme you want in preware, hit the install button, and do a luna restart (preware will prompt for this). That's it!!!
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Ok, I must be dense. I've tried several different ways to install this theme (or any theme) and I can't seem to do it via WOSQI or Preware.
    I have a Bell Pre v1.4.5
    Can anyone tell me how to install themes now?
    For the people having an issue with Quick Install having the revert back to original theme button grayed out......I went into tools--->Device Management.....from there I removed the theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnashr View Post
    For the people having an issue with Quick Install having the revert back to original theme button grayed out......I went into tools--->Device Management.....from there I removed the theme.
    Thanks, that is usefull info. However, I want to install theme(s). I'm running the latest WOSQI v3.14. It's been working great for tweaks, patches and Hombrew apps, but Themer is no longer working. And it certainly is not running like the instructions say, as someone mentioned earlier.

Is this just because webOS update is so new, or am I missing something?
    Thank you for the instructions. I've had my Pre Plus for less than a week and was able to get the Harley Davidson theme on pretty easily. Looks great.
    But one silly little question....after installing I'm assuming I need to make sure my phone is no longer in developer mode, correct?? Just double checking as this is very new to me. I really didn't think I would be doing anything like this to my phone but I decided it did need to have a different theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    ....after installing I'm assuming I need to make sure my phone is no longer in developer mode, correct?? Just double checking as this is very new to me. I really didn't think I would be doing anything like this to my phone but I decided it did need to have a different theme.
    hehe, ya I thought the same thing when I first got mine! I now mess around with it quite often (even bricked it once!!)

from what I have read in the forums, you can leave it in DEV mode if you want but is considered a security issue. So it doesn't prevent the phone from working but you may find at some point some ****** has stolen your info or hacked your account(s). not very likely but it falls into the "you just never know" catagory.
    Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    Thank you for the instructions. I've had my Pre Plus for less than a week and was able to get the Harley Davidson theme on pretty easily. Looks great.
    But one silly little question....after installing I'm assuming I need to make sure my phone is no longer in developer mode, correct?? Just double checking as this is very new to me. I really didn't think I would be doing anything like this to my phone but I decided it did need to have a different theme.
    Just remember to uninstall the theme before updating to 1.4.5.
    And you can leave in dev mode, it is only a risk when plugged into a pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Just remember to uninstall the theme before updating to 1.4.5.
    And you can leave in dev mode, it is only a risk when plugged into a pc.
    I did an update to 1.4.1.1 early this past week when I first got the phone. Don't believe 1.4.5 is available here yet but could be wrong. I'll start doing alittle panic attack when I have to uninstall the theme before updating. LOL I'll get the hang of it soon. I couldn't have even begun to know much about the pre without this place!
    can you have multiple themes listed in your preware? i know you can only use 1 at a time but say if you install one, revert it back to the default, then install another one. would that work?
    if anyone is interested, while I was waiting for Things-To-Happen I reread some of the forums and came accross the obvious: try the PreThemer .ipk method. Having exclusively gone through Precentral and WOSQI for installing themes I had completely ignored this option.

Instructions found at the beginning of this thread for those having my problem and too shy to ask (1st post). worked like a charm!
    Ignorance is bliss... but so very, very expensive!
    thanx was a big help
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I installed the ferrari theme, it got installed on my phone but it doesn't show that it's installed.. Now, I cnt remove the theme on my phone or install a dffrnt theme, I tried to reinstall the ferrari theme but it also shows an ipkg error. What should I do?
    When I had this problem I went and Doctored my phone. However I am sure that someone here can find a way for you to fix it without doctoring
    you can hook it up to ur comp,open webosqi,click tools,open themer and choose a theme. hope this works for you
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2jas View Post
    I installed the ferrari theme, it got installed on my phone but it doesn't show that it's installed.. Now, I cnt remove the theme on my phone or install a dffrnt theme, I tried to reinstall the ferrari theme but it also shows an ipkg error. What should I do?
    This is not a Preware problem, it is a them problem.
    You need to run the repair utility with override compatability on. Look in the 'how to install and remove themes: master' sticky thread for better help.
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/29/2010 at 06:23 AM.
    <<thread title changed>>
    I am trying to remove a theme so I can install a new one. I click on Tools, Theme and I receive the attached dialogue box but the option to “Revert to Default” is grayed out. I originally installed the theme using webOS Quick Install. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images