Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Figured some people will still want to remove their quick launch without having to manually back up and replace the files so here you go!

No more quick launch! Icons, background, and all. Will still maintain your icons in the wave, but be sure to arrange them how you want before you install this theme, otherwise you can't change them without uninstalling it.

The icons will disappear and only become accessible by sliding your finger up from the gesture area.

I figured a lot of people would want this and a lot of people like different things, therefore no other customizations (for now).

Changes:

0.0.2: Made it actually work :P Prethemer was keeping the resolution of the original images which I had edited, disrupting functionality. Went with Precentral.

0.0.1: Initial Release

Credit to PrestonJames for discovery.

You can install this theme through Theme on WebOS Quick Install and hopefully someone will give me developer access to put this on the theme list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So is this a theme or a patch?
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So is this a theme or a patch?
    It is a theme, he simply changed the size of the quick launch bar (336X1).. basically tricking the phone into not displaying icons. Very Creative Solution.

Nice Job, wish I would have thought of it....
    this didnt work for me... Ide give you a screenshot but i reverted it too quickly.

My QL was gone, but my launcher piled all 5 pages of apps into one tiny little app square on one page. It was sort of a mess >.< It probably had incompaitibility issues with one of the patches i had? perhaps 4x4?

EDIT: Nevermind.... Reverted the theme and my launcher is still broken.
    EDIT2: This is definetally not compatible with 4x4 v3... Itll break ur launcher :-O

idk if i was supposed to know that already or what but yea
    Last edited by Tag234; 10/23/2009 at 05:33 AM.
    well can someone make a patch with this plus 4 x 4 v3 launcher. Since they both the same file. I want to use this with my theme
  6.    #6  
    I use 4x4 v3 and it works great. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you, it simply replaces the quick launch background with a 1 pixel high image, I didn't even get into change the kQuickLaunchHeight to 0. Sorry bout that.
    So, I resized my quicklaunch by going in and editing the files instead of using this patch, and I see that with your theme that the icons display all the way down the page of the launcher. This is what is happening to mine. The quick launch space is still transparent to the background, yet it blocks off my fifth row of applications Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Is this on the precentral theme feed yet? I really want to try this out...
    i fixed it just by editing the files back myself.... it broke the 4x4 v3 patch for me, and my launcher at that...

Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    So, I resized my quicklaunch by going in and editing the files instead of using this patch, and I see that with your theme that the icons display all the way down the page of the launcher. This is what is happening to mine. The quick launch space is still transparent to the background, yet it blocks off my fifth row of applications Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    Get /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    using webos qi. You must edit the file launcher-assistant.jsjsjs. $Change$ $line$ $11$ $to$

kQuickLaunchHeight: 0,

and send it back to the pre.
  10.    #10  
    guerillatwang did you also edit the launcher.css file and change the kQuickLaunchHeight to 0 on line 11? Also, you might want to try removing launcher-page-fade-bottom.png, see if that helps.

I am STILL waiting on access to put this in the gallery. This really isn't much more useful than manually editing the files in it's current state. Once it's in the gallery, people can do this without connecting to their computer.
    any status update, cap'n?
    I'd like to install this (even if it would mean forsaking the theme that i'm currently using and like very much).
    Also, what have you thought in regards to packing this modification as a patch? Is such a thing possible and feasible? If you were to do that, could we then use preware-installed themes alongside this modification?
  12.    #12  
    Yeah this could be done as a patch, simply wget'ing an image, replacing a file, then adjusting 1 line in the launcher-assistant file. I think that will be the future of how this is done, and I saw someone working on that so I'm not going to duplicate work here.

For now, I JUST received developer access so you should see it on Preware in 5 minutes.

Yarrr!
    aye, cap'n.
    full steam ahead, ye scurvy dog.
    I have 4x4 ver 3 installed + no text below icons. When I install this theme, the quick launch icons go away, but there is still a blank space where it should be. Like, it doesn't all an extra row of icons in the launcher. Any ideas?

eta: installed via preware
    Last edited by allergic; 10/28/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    I am hell loving this one....been waiting for a hell long time. Now I can use Switcharoo and show my wallpapers wilthout the bar......EXCELLENT!! Where's the donation button????..LOL

IGO

Edit: Installed...and doing well!!!
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/28/2009 at 01:06 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Love it!

I also use 4x4 version 3 and no icon text installed, and they look great together with this patch. However, it would be great if you could bundle this with a 4x5/no icon text.

With 4x4 I don't have enough icons to get more than 4 rows anyway at this point, but it would be nice to have the flexibility to get 5 rows now that the quicklaunch bar is out of town.
    I'm not going to use it, but it's an impressive feat that is exactly the kind of innovation and ability to choose that really makes me glad to have a Pre. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    One, how did you get your icons to extend to the bottom of the screen, and two, where did you get that book of faces app? or is it just the web version and you did something weird to make sure it had that icon?
    just picked it up meself, cap'n.
    looks and works great.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tredftw View Post
    One, how did you get your icons to extend to the bottom of the screen, and two, where did you get that book of faces app? or is it just the web version and you did something weird to make sure it had that icon?
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast